Chapter Five

It's Grotesque

Chapter Five

We sit in the corner of the café, the one which is facing the window where we can look outside.

“Leeteuk hyung…”

Wait, what did I just hear?

---

I turned my head to the direction from where the voice came, and I got myself looking to the table, two tables from us, where I can see Leeteuk and a man sitting there, talking about something that seems important.

The next thing I saw is the most common scene I can see from Leeteuk, the one I can see everyday. Leeteuk and man beside him leaned forward to each other. I don’t need to continue what I am doing. I know peoples can kiss anytime, but a coffee shop is not really a perfect place. But knowing Leeteuk, or should I call him Leeteuk hyung, my crush, he can kiss anytime and anywhere he likes. He kisses with different peoples everyday in school entrance door. In recess time or even after school, when the crowds are on the entrance door.

I turned my head and attention to Donghae, who looks even more tired, he leaned his back fully and weakly on the chair.

“Are you really okay, Hae?” Well, in times like this, after I saw Leeteuk kissed someone else, I should have received comforting advice and comments from Hae. But seeing him like this… I should have changed my mind.

“Not really Hyuk.” He replied weakly. Indeed weakly.

That time the waiter came and gave us our orders.

“Hae, let’s go home after you finish your coffee. You don’t look alright at all.” I began to feel worry.  Hae never had been acting like this. He never had been looked this tired.

I drank all the coffee in my cup in one gulp. I just wanted to hurry and bring Hae home.

He finished his coffee, and next what made me feel even more worry was his expression. He looked pale. I carried all the bags and dragged him out of the mall. Totally forgot about Leeteuk presence.

“Hae, where is the key?” I asked after we reached the basement. I couldn’t just let Donghae drive in this situation.

“Here’s” He said. He knew himself that he couldn’t drive, so he gave his car keys to me.

I started the engine and drove.

I took glances on him for sometimes. He was sleeping. I relieved, at least I won’t see his tired expression again, though I realized he still has uncomfortable expression while sleeping.

When finally we arrived at his home, he hadn’t awake yet, I’ll feel guilty if I disturb his healing sleep. I waited in the car, waited for him to wake up, but looked like he won’t wake up anytime soon.

I thought for an idea when a not really good or bad idea across my mind. The mentioned idea is to carry him. But again I hesitated, Hae is skinny, but I’m more. Am I capable to carry him?

I thought for another idea. But no more idea across my mind. So I decided to carry him. I went to the other side of the car, opened the door of the passenger seat and stopped. I stared at Hae, his sleeping face, his skinny but muscular body, and I just stopped, staring him like that. Until I realized he has opened his eyes.

“Hyuk?” He called. I startled stepped backward unconsciously.

“Hey, Hae, you’re awake?” I replied nervously. What’s wrong with me anyway?

“Ah, yes. Thanks for driving me home.” He said and stepped out of the car.

“Let me help.” I said offered my hand. He looked at me and blinked.

“Hyuk, I’m not that weak. I’m probably just tired and having a headache.” He said and smiled. I relieved that his condition is not that bad. I thought he is having a serious fever or what.

I followed him inside the house and inside his bedroom. He wasn’t bothered with my presence though.

“Hae rest well.” I said when we arrived at his enormous bedroom.

“I will, Hyuk.” He said. “Are you leaving now?” He asked.

“Do you hope I am?” I asked him. Doesn’t he need my companion? What a friend he is.

“No! Mmm... If you don’t have anything else to do, can you stay here for awhile? Heechul hyung hasn’t come back, right?” He said, wanted my companion. I smiled at him and nodded.

“Sleep Hae, you looked tired.” I said put a concern tone in my voice.

He nodded, lay on his bed, pulled the blanket, and stopped a while. Staring at me.

“Why? I’m not leaving.” I said, “Sleep now.” I added. He smiled and drifted to sleep.

I walked closer, pulled a chair from his study table. Brought it with no sound beside his bed. I sit there, watching him sleep. His expression is not the tired one anymore. I think he’ll feel better soon.

With that I feel relieved. He is my best friend. The best best one. Best friends should look after for one another, right? I felt that we will be with each other as we are now, forever. Yeah, we will be.

---

I felt something vibrated at my pocket that I knew soon is my phone.

That’s must be Heechul hyung. I said to myself.

“Yoboseyo.” I said silently as I stood and moved to the other side of the bedroom, didn’t want to disturb Hae’s sleep.

“Hyuk, where are you?” That was the person I expected before, Heechul hyung.

“Hae’s home. He didn’t feel alright earlier so I drove him home” I replied.

“Did you buy the clothes I have requested?” He asked with an observing tone. Look like he didn’t believe me.

“I did.” I defended and nodded. I knew he won’t see me but I just did.

“I’m home now. When will you come back?” He asked.

“Soon, hyung.” I answered. I knew I won’t do anything here, and Hae seems won’t wake up anytime soon, so the last option is to back home and continued hyung’s lesson. Lesson to approach Leeteuk.

“Okay.” He said and with that he ended the call.

---

I arrived at home at nearly 8 PM. I spent the time mostly at the mall. How couldn’t? Those piles of clothes are wasting my times, they’re sometimes hard to try on because too tight, but it’s an obligation for me to Heechul hyung to take them all, and pay them myself.

I walked inside the house and found no one in the living room. I wondered where Heechul hyung would be. But I remembered my lesson. Maybe he is preparing them now in his room.

I was about to knock the door, being the polite me, but I widened my eyes as I heard hyung’s voice from inside the bedroom.

“Hannie…”

---

Love- verb

To have a strong feeling of affection for someone