Chapter One

It's Grotesque

“Hey, Hae.” I approached him as soon as I saw him. “Did you see that?” I said as I pointed the school’s entrance far behind.

“Mmm... maybe.” He replied lazily. I wondered what’s wrong with him. He’s usually comforted me if I say that I saw ‘that’ scene that can be seen every day. That’s mean Donghae always comforts me by saying ‘Come on Hyuk, it’s obvious.’ Or not seldom he says ‘Oh gosh please Hyuk get rid of it’ or ‘Hyuk, it’s annoying. Please’, everyday. Except some days when he was too worried about his chemicals’ grade, which I don’t know why, like today.  But he never gave me an I-don’t-think-so answer like this.

“Come on Hae. Chemicals again?” So I asked.

“Nope.” He replied, again, shortly.

“Then?” I gave a curious look in my face to show that I really wanted to know.

“My mom.” He sighed and finally gave the answer. Her mom? It should be a serious problem when it connected to his mom. So I dragged him to the bench (That I found on our way home).

“What’s wrong with your mom?” I asked him as soon as I success made him seat beside me.

“Girls. Again.” He answered shortly. I knew what he meant. His mother likes to bother him with girlfriend problems, which he obviously doesn’t like at all. Looking at Hae, a cool person, that have me only as a person he want to talk with at school. His mother always wanted him to have girlfriend, and to marry soon.

“Who’s now?” I asked as I dragged him back to our way because I found that this problem’s not that serious, knowing this is obvious with his mother.

“You’ll surprise if you know this Hyuk.” He sighed and shook his head and looked down at the road as he said it. Seriously, he is acting indeed weird. Like having a ten million won debts while he has nothing to eat today.

“Who then?” I asked impatiently.

“Yoona from X-2 class.” I was thinking deeply about the name he mentioned. What I get that moment is she’s from our school. Wait. It can’t be…

“You don’t mean it is Im Yoona who is always has big metal necklace that always seats in the floor eating her meal outside the library do you (A/N: I’m sorry in advance, kneeled down for Yoona’s fans)?” I asked him breathlessly.

“She is.” He replied with an indeed, desperate voice. “Her father owns Ji Sung group, which was we never knew.” He continued.

There was a silence. I stopped walking. YES. I and Hae would not obviously know. That Im Yoona, although she is one of weird girls in our school, but she is the one who is, well-known. Why wouldn’t she? Her everyday appearance outside the library, not very far from the cafeteria, eating her meal, and she always seats on the floor. Floor. Besides a long bench, which is she use to put her bag. Yeah, she brings her bag, everywhere. Like there are secret weapons to destroy the school. And the biggest problem is, she is same like me and Hae, a high school student. And this is why it makes Hae become more desperate than usual.

“Hae... You must be-“

“I told you right you will surprise and not believe it.” He cut.

“Not the not believe thing.” I said continued our way to his house. “Have your mother EVER see her in person?” I continued emphasized the ‘ever’.

“No.” He replied shortly.

“Hmm. I think she will think properly if she sees her, Hae.” I try to comfort him.

“Not if she is the daughter of Ji Sung’s group owner.” He replied. Again, with desperate voice.

“But I know your mom, Hae, she care about her son.” I said and stopped walking as we arrived at the bus stop.

“I know her more, Hyuk.” He said. And I stopped there, as the bus came and we both enter it and took vacant seats.

Yes, if he going out with Yoona, he will well known. Known by entire the school even teachers that like Yoona, because of her smartness and he will be mocked. I know what it will be. And maybe it will be on school paper. “Lee Donghae and Im Yoona. A perfect couple?” Oh my God it will be the worst nightmare for any boys.

Fifteen minutes later, we arrived at our destination. I and Donghae are going to his big mansion. We do this since I was in middle school, since I be his best friends. I wait in his house until Heechul hyung back home, I’m scared of being alone. Until now, which I sometimes ashamed of. My parents are at America, work there. Staying in Donghae’s big mansion not a bad idea after all. He has many collections of games that I can play with, so I won’t be bored. And sometimes we talked, and because of that, we sometimes considered ourselves as girls, gossiping and all, but we can’t help it.

“Hae, do you think I will be able to approach him?” I asked as soon as we entered his bedroom and will start our talk session as usual.

“Have you ever been tired with him?” He used his sarcastic tone.

“Never, Hae. And I think I will never be.” I answered looking at his face. “He is too perfect, like everyone likes him.” I continued.

“I don’t.” He answered. “The too perfect image of him is annoying me. He is too hard to approach, Hyuk. Why you never give up?” He said. He never, gave me this kind of answer.

“You’re weird today Hae. You always supported me on approaching him.” I answered with a disappointed voice.

He sighed. He didn’t say anything. Instead, he staring the white clean ceiling.

Bounce to you, bounce to you naega seu mi neo…

“Yoboseyo?” I answered the phone. It’s Heechul hyung.

“Hyuk. I’ve been home. Get home fast, ne? I’m hungry.” Said the other line.

“Ne.” I answered and dismissed the line.

“Hae. I have to get back.” I said to silent Hae. “See you.” I said as I walk to the door and leave.

---

I cooked myself and Heechul hyung food. He never buys us meal and always forces me to cook. But I never complain though. Like I can live in this house without him.

“You back fast hyung.”I said while chopping the vegetables. More like questioning than commenting.

“You don’t like it?” He said. Eyes still moving on the newspaper in front of him. I think it’s a lame idea reading newspaper in the evening like this. “Or you want to spend more time with Donghae? I think you’re approaching that Leeteuk guy.” He continued, obviously teased me.

“Ya! Hyung.” I said and pouted. I knew he won’t see my pout but I know he knows it.

“Okay, okay, I’m hungry just cook and discuss that later.” He said and I continued my work.

After I finished I served the food in the dining table and hyung hurried approached it and greedily ate.

“Want some advice?” He said suddenly in the middle of our eating session.

“Hmm? I mumbled with full filled foods mouth.

“Approaching your guy.” He said.

I stopped eating suddenly and looked at him in a horror glare. I asked him to help me about this hundreds time and he always ignored me. Now? He offers me?

“Hyung?” I stopped. “Really?” I continued, staring him with gleaming eyes.

“Mmm.” He answered and I cheered.

“Then, tell me hyung.” I said enthusiastically totally forgot about my food.

“Are you ready? Please keep in mind whatever I will tell, because I won’t tell you for a second time. No rebroadcast.” He said looking exactly on me.

“Yes hyung.” I said even more enthusiastic.

---

Grotesque- adjective

Unpleasant, shocking, and offensive