Library

My Little Bastard

 

“Unnie!!” Seohyun shouts loudly as Taeyeon walks through the university gates. The shorter girl looks up from her iphone and smiles as the younger one jumps up and down excitedly. Taeyeon stuffs her phone back into her coat pocket and runs the rest of the way to Seohyun.

 

“Did you finish your class yet?” Taeyeon asks the taller one once she reaches her. Seohyun nods, “Unnie,” She starts.

 

“Yes?”

 

Seohyun hooks an arm with Taeyeon’s, “Go with me to the library? I have no one to accompany me this time. Yuri refuses to go saying something about how the library is too quiet for her taste and Yoona unnie isn’t back yet from that flower shop,” she explains. Since Taeyeon can never refuse Seohyun, she smiles and pats the younger one’s hand, “Sure I’ll accompany you to the library.”


Seohyun does a winning dance and hugs Taeyeon tightly, “Thank you so much unnie!!”

 

 

 

 

Kris and the other 10 boys walk through the university gates. He stops midway with his bag slung over his shoulder, “I’m heading to the library, meet you guys later,” he tells the rest before heading off.

 

“Wait!” Suho shouts, “I’ll go with you. I need to do some research on my project anyways,” the shorter man says and runs up to the taller. Sehun watches the two before heading towards them as well, “I need to a quiet place to finish up my homework,” he says quietly.

 

Kris looks at the younger ones, “Okay,” he says and walks off with the two following him. The trio reaches the library door and Kris opens them. He walks in while the other two follows him inside. Kris makes his way to an empty table and places his school bag on top then pulls the chair towards him and sits down. Sehun and Suho does the same. Kris scans the rows of books and stands up, “I’m going to go see if there’s anything interesting to read,” he tells the two and leaves them alone. Suho pulls out his laptop from his bag and opens it, “Don’t bother me while I’m researching Sehun ah,” the older informs the younger one. Sehun rolls his eyes and stands up from his seat as well, “As if I want to hyung,” he says and Suho laughs while Sehun walks away from the older one.

 

 

 

Taeyeon scans the book shelf for a certain book. Placing a finger on her chin, she looks up at the higher section and scans them as well. Finally, her eyes lie on the book that she’s been looking for this whole time. Taeyeon smiles widely, “Found ya,” she said quietly; tip toes and stretches her right arm up to grab the book. Apparently, with the kind of height she is, Taeyeon wasn’t tall enough to reach for the book she wanted. Taeyeon scans the area to see if there was any stool close by. Taeyeon groans as she failed to find a stool. Letting out a frustrated sigh, Taeyeon faces the book shelf once more and tries to her best to reach for the book.

 

 

 

Kris walks down the main aisle in the library and scans the rows of book shelves. He looks up and searches for the section where the action books were at. Seeing that the action section was right across from the history section, Kris made his way there. As he passes the history section, he hears light grunts. Kris stops and turns his head lightly to his left. There he sees Taeyeon on her tippy toes reaching for a certain book at the top. He silently laugh at the scene in front of him. Kris spins his body fully around and cross his arms against his chest while watching Taeyeon struggle to get the book.

 

After a few more tries, Taeyeon pouts and gives up. She stops tippy toeing and crosses her arms while glaring up at the book, “You’re mean,” she claims, “why do you have to be so high up?”

 

Kris couldn’t help it and finally laughs, not loudly but just loud enough for Taeyeon to hear. Taeyeon snaps her head to see who was laughing at her. Once her eyes found Kris’s laughing face, she pouts even more, “You must find it entertaining that a short person like me is having a hard time right?”

 

Kris opens his eyes, “Sure I do, shorty,” he chuckles and makes his way to her, “ to be you right now huh?”

 

Taeyeon’s eyebrows furrows and she looks away, “I don’t want to argue with you. Every time you’re around, I’m always having bad luck.”

 

Kris’s up an eyebrow, “Is that so? Is that why Sehun fired you?”


Taeyeon snaps her head quickly to face Kris, “You…”

 

Kris holds up both hands, “Now now, I don’t want shorty to be blowing up steams on me,” he says and backs off a bit. Taeyeon rolls her eyes, “If you’re done making fun of me, you can leave now.”

 

Taeyeon faces the books again and tries once more to reach for it. Kris stands there for a good few seconds before walking behind Taeyeon, reaching up and grabbing the book she wanted, “Here,” he says and hands it over to her. Taeyeon looks away from the books and onto the book in Kris’s hand, “Don’t take this as me being nice. I was only helping because you looked freaking helpless,” Kris claims.

 

Taeyeon averts her eyes away from the book and onto Kris’s handsome face. Her eyes interlock with his and she was lost in a trance, not knowing if she should say thank you or angrily glare at him. Kris up and eyebrow and nudges the book towards Taeyeon, “Here,” he says again.

 

Taeyeon blinks a few times before grabbing the book from Kris’s hand, “Uh…thank you,” she mutters quietly. Kris smirks, “So you do know how to say thank you too, and here I was thinking that you might slap me the way you slapped Sehun yesterday.”

 

Taeyeon glares, “If you like, I can slap you,” she offers.


Kris quietly chuckles and turns his left cheek towards Taeyeon, “Here, I’ll let you slap me…for free,” he offers.

 

“You’re pathetic,” Taeyeon claims and rolls her eyes, “I don’t have time to waste on a human being like you.” She then turns her back on Kris and walks off but to only be yanked back by him.

 

“You should really watch that mouth of yours’,” Kris grits between his teeth, “you’re walking on thin ice right now you know that?”

 

“I’m sorry, but am I supposed to be scared by your threats?” Taeyeon asks without blinking once.

 

Kris frowns, “That mouth of yours really don’t know when to shut up doesn’t it?”

 

This time it was Taeyeon’s turn to smirk, “No. Especially not to and stubborn rich jackasses like you and your friends.”

 

“Hyung,” A voice calls for him. Kris spins around and sees Sehun standing at the other end of the aisle, “What are you doing here?” The younger one asks and makes his way to the older one. Kris lets go of Taeyeon’s wrist, “I was helping out a poor soul,” Kris tells him.

 

Sehun looks behind Kris and sees Taeyeon standing there with a book in her hand then looks back at Kris, “I thought you were looking for something to read?”

 

Taeyeon scoffs behind them, “So the almighty Kris knows how to read too? I’m actually quite amazed for the first time ever…in my life.”

 

Kris frowns at Sehun and spins around to face Taeyeon, “You know,” he begins and advances towards Taeyeon. Every step that Kris took, Taeyeon stepped backwards, “Would you like me teach you how to shut that mouth of yours?” he offers.

 

“You wouldn’t be able to anyways,” Taeyeon answers.

 

Kris smirks, “Oh really? Don’t try me short one,” Kris says.

 

“O…of course,” Taeyeon stutters.

 

“We’ll see about that,” Kris tells Taeyeon. He reaches out quickly and cups Taeyeon by her jaw harshly then moves in rather quickly as well.

Taeyeon’s eyes were wide once she knew what was happening to her, “What are you doing?” she asks.

 

Kris chuckles evilly, “Teaching you how to shut your mouth of course,” and with that Kris smashes his lips against Taeyeon’s roughly. Taeyeon inwardly shrieks, drops the book on the floor and tries to push Kris away. Kris takes this as an advantage and pushes Taeyeon up against the book shelf. He grabs both of her wrists and pins them at the top of her head. Kris bites harshly on Taeyeon’s lips to which she gasped loudly. Quickly, Kris shoves his tongue into . Taeyeon squeezes her eyes tightly.

 

Sehun frowns at the two before him. He walks over to the book, picks it up and smacks Kris on the head with it.

 

“Ow!” Kris yelps and spins around to face Sehun with the book in his hands, “What the heck Sehun?”

 

Taeyeon shoves Kris away from her and runs off quickly.

 

“I was just getting to the good part damn it,” Kris says and rubs the spot where he got hit.

 

Sehun rolls his eyes, “Whatever hyung,” he spins around and leaves the aisle. Kris mutters some curses under his breath and walks off to the action section.

 

 

 

Taeyeon runs to the table where Seohyun was sitting at and sits down loudly causing some stares from the people surrounding them. She places her head on her arms and shuts her eyes, trying to get what just happened to her awhile ago, out from her head. Seohyun looks up from her book, “What’s the matter unnie?” she asks.

 

Taeyeon shakes her head without responding. Seohyun sighs and pats her on the head, “What happened? Tell me.”

 

Taeyeon shakes her head again, “Okay well when you do, I’m here okay?”

 

Taeyeon nods. Seohyun retrieves her hand and looks at her book. After reading a few more pages, she stands up, “I’m going to go find another book, I’ll be back okay?”

 

Taeyeon nods.

 

Seohyun looks at Taeyeon with worried eyes before leaving the older one alone at their table. She walks down the main aisle and scans the aisles and aisles of books. Just as she was continuing her way towards the back, Kris comes walking out from the action section quickly and bumps into her.

 

“Ow,” Seohyun yelps as she hit the floor. Kris looks down, “Sorry,” he says and extends a hand out for Seohyun to grab. Seohyun grabs Kris’s hand and he helps her up onto her feet, “I’m sorry,” Kris apologizes again.

 

Seohyun looks up at Kris and then smiles, “It’s okay,” she says while shaking her head. Kris nods and walks off. Seohyun looks down and sees his phone lying there. She bends down and picks it up, “Um,” she says softly but sees that Kris was already a good distance away from her. Seohyun runs up to Kris and taps him on the shoulder, “You drop your phone,” she says once Kris faced her.

 

Kris smiles and takes the phone from her, “Thanks.”

 

“No problem,” Seohyun says. The both of them stand facing each other not saying a word. Seohyun looks down, “Oh are you reading that?” she asks and points to the book in Kris’s hand. Kris looks down and chuckles, “Yeah, I heard that it was a good book.”

 

“It is a good book,” Seohyun says happily, “I finished reading it in a week.”

 

Kris’s eyes widens, “In a week? Are you serious?”

 

Seohyun chuckles, “Yeah. I love reading books.”

 

Another awkward silence falls down on the both of them. Kris clears his throat, “Um…well I better start reading this book then,” he says and chuckles. Seohyun nods, “Yeah…and I better get going to where I was supposed to go,” she says and turns around to leave. Kris watches Seohyun disappear into one of the aisle before retreating back to their table.

 

 

 

“I’m hungry!!!” Sooyoung shouts as she was sprawl on top of the bench table. Sunny looks at the younger and shakes her head.

 

“Go eat then pabo,” Sunny says.


Sooyoung lifts her head up to look at her unnie, “Come with me to the cafeteria Sunny…please~” Sooyoung pleads the older one. Sunny looks at Sooyoung again, “Fine. But you’re buying me something you hear?” Sooyoung shots up into a sitting position and nods, “Okay,” and jumps off the bench. Sunny gets up from the table as well and walks with Sooyoung to the cafeteria. Both girls got into the line and waits for it to move, “Aish, why isn’t this darn line moving?” Sooyoung complains and tries to see what the cause for the line not moving was.

 

“Ah finally!” Sooyoung shouts and follows the person ahead of her. They reach the area where all the foods were at. Sooyoung reaches out for the last buns sitting on the tray. Before she was able to grab it, a hand from no where grabs the bun quickly. Sooyoung’s eyes widens and she faces the person who had grabbed the bun before her, “Hey!” she shouts loudly.


The person spins around, “Yes?” he asks her.

 

“That was mine!” Sooyoung claims and points at the bun which was now sitting in someone else’s plate.

 

“Oh…I didn’t see anyone’s name on it. First come first serve,” he remarks, “come on Xiumin.”

 

“Chen, did you grab this without permission?” Xiumin asks without budging.

 

“I didn’t see anyone reaching for it hyung,” the younger one claims with a huge obvious smile on his face, “come on,” he tugs onto Xiumin’s wrist harder and drags the older one away leaving a fuming Sooyoung standing there with no buns to eat. Sunny looks up from her game device, “What just happened?” the older one asks clueless.

 

Sooyoung rolls her eyes and leaves Sunny to get some other food. 

---------------------------------------------------

 

LOL. Yes I know, lame title chapter. That's because I can't think of a word that will summarize this chapter...anyways, ENJOY!