Young People These Days...

My Little Bastard

 

Taeyeon and her group of friends walked out from the café with her leading. Hyoyeon watches as the oldest one walks a few feet from them. She gives out a guilty sigh and ran to catch up with Taeyeon, “Unnie,” Hyoyeon calls softly. Taeyeon stops and spins around to face the younger one, “Yeah?” she answers.

 

Hyoyeon hangs her head, “I apologize for what happened, I didn’t mean to make you lose your job.”

Taeyeon smiles and pats Hyoyeon’s head, “Look at me Hyoyeon ah,” she demands. Hyoyeon looks up with guilty-ness spread throughout her face, “It’s okay. It wasn’t your fault to begin with anyways.”

 

“But…,” her lips quivers and Taeyeon gives out her warm motherly smile.

 

“Don’t worry I’ll just find another job.”

 

Hyoyeon cries and pounces onto Taeyeon, “I’m so sorry I really am,” she sobs.

 

Taeyeon lets out a soft chuckle and soothes Hyoyeon as she cries into Taeyeon’s shoulder. The shorter looks up at her friends standing behind them and give them a reassuring smile as well before looking away.

 

‘How am I going to explain to my parents about losing my job?’ she thinks to herself. Taeyeon gives out a silent sigh and shakes the thought from her mind, ‘I’m sure mom will understand me if I just tell her the whole story’ Taeyeon smiles and nods to herself. Hyoyeon feels the movement of the older one and looks up, “Unnie are you okay?” she asks.

 

Taeyeon looks down at the blonde hair girl and nods, “Yeah I’m fine. I was just thinking to myself that’s all,” she tells the younger and pats her head, “Shall we get going then?”

 

Hyoyeon gives Taeyeon a huge smile and nods then skips off ahead of her. Taeyeon shakes her head and follows the younger with the others following them.

 

 

 

 

Tiffany walks down the hallway of the music room humming a lullaby to herself when someone’s voice caught her attention. She stops midway in the hallway, “What a beautiful voice,” she says. Without noticing, Tiffany’s feet begin to walk towards a certain room which held that person who had Tiffany in a trance. She sees a light streaming out in the hallway which came from a room. Tiffany’s feet hurries and stops to peek inside. Inside the room was a boy much younger than her, maybe 2 years, but was much taller than her. He has brown hair which spiked up a bit but not all the way. He had his eyes closed as he sung with all of his emotions. Tiffany smiles and watches the younger boy sing his heart out. Without noticing, Tiffany’s body starts to sway back and forth as she enjoys the scene in front of her. Blocking everything out from the outer world, Tiffany stands there and watches as the boy sings a beautiful lullaby. It seem like what he was singing was meant for her and him…

 

“So now you’re creeping up on my hyung?” a deep voice interrupts Tiffany’s wonderful world. Tiffany’s head snaps up and sees Chanyeol standing before her with his arms crossed across his chest; his eyebrows furrowed together tightly.

 

“You!” Tiffany shouts and jumps away from the crack of the door. The voice from inside stops singing, “Who’s there?” the boy from inside asks.

 

Chanyeol rolls his eyes at Tiffany and pushes the door open, “Hey hyung,” the younger greets the shorter boy as he made his way in. The older boy sees who it was and he smiles, a smile which took Tiffany’s breath away instantly, “Chanyeol ah.”


Chanyeol walks up to the shorter and hands him a bottle of water, “For your throat.”

 

The older looks down at the bottle of water and take it from the younger, “Thanks,” he says and unscrews the cap then drinks it. Chanyeol stands there and watches as his hyung drinks half of the bottle away, “I thought I heard a girl screaming,” the older says and wipes away the droplets of water from his lips then screws the cap back on. Chanyeol looks behind him to where Tiffany was still standing at, “Just some creepy girl watching you sing,” Chanyeol tells his hyung and faces him again.

 

“Creepy girl?” Chanyeol’s hyung asks and shifts a little to peek behind Chanyeol. From behind the taller man, he sees Tiffany standing there. Once he made eye contact with Tiffany, Tiffany shrieks a little and jumps away from the entrance of the room. He chuckles, “I’ll be back,” he says and shoves the bottle to Chanyeol.

 

“Hyung wait! Don’t go! She might abduct you!” the younger shouts. His hyung chuckles, “She’s not an alien Chanyeol ah,” the older jokes and walks up to the door. He stops at the entrance and sticks his head out to see Tiffany still standing there, “Hi,” he greets her.


Tiffany looks at the younger before facing her back to him. Without greeting him back, Tiffany quickly takes off down the hallway as fast as she could. He stands there chuckling as Tiffany disappears from his sight. Chanyeol sighs and walks up to his hyung, “Come on Baekhyun hyung,” Chanyeol complains drags the older back into the room.

 

 

 

Dana closes the door to the café and locks it. She then spins around to face Sehun, who was sitting in one of the chairs, with her hands her hip, “I can’t believe you fired my most hard working employee Sehun ah,” the older scolds the younger. Sehun looks up at the older one before looking back down again. He shrugs, “I didn’t mean to Dana noona.”


Dana puffs out her cheeks, “You’re so complicated Sehun ah,” Dana complains rubs her forehead. She falls down on the chair closest to her.

 

“Why don’t you just…rehire her?” Sehun asks. Dana gives the younger one a stern glance before looking away, “It’s not as easy as you think Sehun ah,” Dana breathes out, “I can’t believe you fired her on the spot, and this was her only job that helped her with paying off her schooling,” she murmurs and rubs the back of her neck.

 

Sehun’s ears picks up on what Dana says and his head snaps up, “You mean she’s not rich?”

 

Dana looks at Sehun, “Well Sehun ah, not everyone in this world has a well laid out path for them to walk on.”

 

Sehun pouts, “Oh come on noona, you know that’s not true.”

 

Dana rolls her eyes, “Right. But yes, Taeyeon ah isn’t a rich girl. She was accepted into this university by a scholarship that you parents were giving out at that time,” she explains, “her parents own a glass spec shop somewhere in Jeonju. Since their family owned business wasn’t enough to help pay for Taeyeon’s schooling, she took up a job here to help as well, and I can’t believe you fired her...”

 

“But…why won’t you just rehire her?” Sehun asks again.

 

“Pabo I can’t do that. I know Taeyeon well. Now that she knows this place is owned by you of all people, she will definitely refuse to come back and work here,” Dana tells the younger, “I wonder how Taeyeon will pay for her intuition now…”

 

Sehun stays silent and watches as his noona ponders, “Well…it wasn’t my fault.”

 

“Sure. Nothing is ever your fault Sehun ah, that was how you were raised up as,” Dana says and stands up from the chair, “Anyways I have to mop the place, if you can kindly go sit in the back room and wait for me there.”

 

Sehun nods and leaves Dana to work. He makes his way to the back room and sits down on the sofa. He looks down beside him and sees a bag sitting there. Curiosity gets the best of him and he reaches out to open the bag. He pulls out a wallet and examines it, “This isn’t Dana noona’s wallet,” he says, “I wonder who it belongs to.”

 

Sehun opens it. Once the wallet was opened, he comes to face to face with a picture of Taeyeon and a guy standing beside her. His skin was fair and white just as hers. He had a very handsome face and red lips just like hers. He frowns at the photo in front of him. Sehun grabs the photo and drops the wallet on his lap. He sits there glaring at the photo as if Taeyeon was able to see him, “Who is this person?” he asks himself quietly as he is now glaring at the guy beside Taeyeon.

 

“Wait…,” Sehun looks away from the photo and up to the ceiling, “Why am I getting jealous over a person I just met today?” he asks himself. Sehun was confused and he didn’t know why he felt like this, he looks back down at the photo and frowns again, “Who are you? And why are you standing beside her? Why are your arms around her shoulders like that?” he asks as if the guy in the photo was able to hear him.

 

The door to the back room opens and Dana walks in, “Sorry to keep you waiting but I’m done, let’s get going,” She tells Sehun and walks over to grab her coat and bag. Sehun quickly shoves the photo into his pocket and stands up knocking the wallet off from his lap with a loud sound. Dana spins around to see a wallet at the foot of Sehun.

 

“Aish Taeyeon ah forgot her things,” She says and walks over to pick up the wallet. Dana stands up and comes face to face with a red faced Sehun, “You didn’t go through her wallet did you?” Sehun shakes his head furiously. Dana smiles, “Good,” and with that she shoves Taeyeon’s wallet back into her bag, “I guess I can drop it off to her tomorrow,” she says and slings the back over her back, “Come on.”

 

Sehun nods and follows Dana.

 

 

 

 

“Ah~ just look at the sunset,” Hyoyeon says while stretching her limbs. Taeyeon looks up at the sun setting behind the trees, “It’s beautiful,” she comments. Hyoyeon nods in agreement and watches the beautiful scene with Taeyeon.

 

“Yah Kim Taeyeon!” Jessica shouts for Taeyeon as she reaches the table panting. Taeyeon looks at Jessica, “Yes?”

 

“Why…why didn’t you pick up your phone when I called?” the brown hair girl asked.

 

“My phone? OH MY GOSH MY PHONE!” Taeyeon shouts and stands up from her seat, “MY BAG IS STILL AT THE CAFÉ!!!!”

 

“The café is closed by now, but if you go right now maybe you’ll catch Dana unnie in time,” Yoona suggests. Taeyeon nods and hops off from the bench seat, “I’ll be back guys!” she shouts.


“Wait! I’ll go with you!!” Sooyoung shouts and runs after the older one. The two ran up the stairs of the café. Taeyeon reaches the door and slams into it as she notices that the lights were out and the door was locked, “!” she curses, “just my luck.”

 

Taeyeon combs her hair with her fingers and slumps down, “Ugh. Today is soooo bad,” she complains. Sooyoung walks up to her unnie, “Maybe Dana unnie took your bag already. Why don’t you try to find her tomorrow?” she suggests. Taeyeon lets out a frustrated sigh, “What other choice do I have?”

 

“Aish Kim Taeyeon, quit stressing out so much. Knowing Dana unnie, I’m sure she has your bag with her,” Taeyeon nods and stands up, “I just…I just want to go to sleep.”

 

Sooyoung smiles and slings an arm around Taeyeon’s shoulders, “Let’s go home then.” Taeyeon closes her eyes and allows her head to fall on Sooyoung’s shoulder, “Take me home.”

 

Sooyoung leads Taeyeon away from the door and down the steps of the café carefully.

 

 

“Oppa, tell me a joke,” a smiling girl in love asks her oppa while sitting in front of him. He looks up from phone and smirks.

 

“You want to hear a joke?” he asks and she nods, “Okay. I love you.”

 

Her face fell and she pouts, “Oppa that’s mean,” she shouts and stands up, “You know that I really love you, how can you joke around like that?”

 

He simply shrugs, “And you know that I don’t have any feelings for you,” he states. The girl sniffles and runs off bumping into Sooyoung who had heard the whole thing.

 

Sooyoung stops in her tracks and spins around to faces him, “That’s just mean,” she comments. The boy looks up to face her, “Your point?” he stands up and shoves his phone into his pocket and made his way up to Sooyoung and Taeyeon, “Take this as an advice, don’t go sniffing into other people’s business.”
 

Sooyoung frowns.

 

He smirks and walks off, “YAH!” Sooyoung shouts and was about to walk after him but was stopped by Taeyeon, “Enough Sooyoung ah,” she scolds the taller one. Sooyoung looks at Taeyeon and then back at the boy’s back, “Young people these days.”

----------------------------------------------

I didn't do any proof reading...so bare with my writing LOL.