Chapter 7

Crazy Nights

"Okay so let me get this straight, his friend invited you to his sister's house for lunch?"

"Yeah that's pretty much what happened."

 

I texted Taka as soon as I woke up and told her to come to my apartment ASAP. I needed to tell her everything.

"You must really like this guy to go to his friend's sister's house."

"Yeah I kind of really do like him but I'm not sure how he feels towards me, I feel he does like me but then I also feel like he doesn't, get what I mean?" Taka helped me with my hair and make up that morning which I was ever so greatful for since I was uber tired.

"So who else is going to be there?"

"I'm not really sure, I'm kind of nervous. I don't want to feel left out and what if I just sit there and no one talks to me? What if he's ex shows up again?"

"Jokes aside that happened to me before, it was in high-" Taka's sentence was interrupted by a knock on the door.

"That must be Gikwang, could you get the door while I just put my boots on?"

"You must be Gikwang. Uhm I'm Taka, Chloé's friend." I was surprised to hear that Taka wasn't talking that much.

"Can I get you anything to drink or something?" "No thanks, we have to hit the road in a few."

"Hi, I see you two already met? T, I'll see you later okay?"

"Oki-dokey Chlo, have fun."

"Nice meeting you Taka, I'll see you again." I could sense something between Taka and Gikwang. They liked each other, sort of a connection at first glance. The car ride to Doojoon's house was full of chatter, Gikwang and I exchanging thoughts and you could say getting to know each other in a friendly way. I found out that Gikwang's sister lives in Anyang so we'll be taking a road trip. When I got to Doojoon's house, I felt a bit of happiness in my heart. 'This is where it all began.' I thought.

"We might have to wait a while, Doojoon is extremely lazy on Sundays."

"No worries."

"Can I get you coffee, tea, soda, beer, anything?"

"No thanks."

"Doojoon hurry up! You do know that it takes a while to get to Anyang don't you? Chloé, have you ever been to Anyang?"

"No I haven't, I actually haven't been around Korea much, but I do plan on travelling later in life." My heart skipped a beat when Doojoon came down the stairs. He was wearing a white long sleeved shirt with jeans and sneakers. His charm grabbed my attention like no one ever has. There was something about him, something that I can't describe.

"Good Morning beautiful."

"Morning." I tried to act completely natural.

"Ready to leave G man? Alright then let's bounce outta here people." I followed Gikwang out the door when I felt Doojoon grab my wrist. He turned me around and pecked my lips.

"You forgot to give me a morning kiss." He whispered. I wanted more, but I knew I had to restrain myself. I could feel my cheeks burning up. My stomach filling up with butterflies. My mouth was too numb to even smile. I turned around and walked to the car, trying to catch my breath. In a way I was glad he kissed me, it showed me he was interested in me after all. Doojoon decided to sit in the back seat next to me while Gikwang drove. The car wasn't quiet the entire time, with Doojoon talking the most. After an hour of driving all the way to Anyang, we arrived at Gikwang's sister's house. What I liked the most about her house was that it was an actual house with space and a garden too. It wasn't just some stuffed up apartment.

"Noona, this is our friend, Chloé. Chloé, this is my sister Hyun-kim."

"Nice to finally meet you Chloé, I've heard tons about you. Come on in guys. Lunch will be ready in 5 minutes." I was relieved to know that it was just going to be the four of us for lunch. During lunch, we touched lightly on many different subjects. I loved that the conversation we had, had many different subjects to it. "So what do you do Chloé." Hyun-kim asked, she seemed really overprotective over Doojoon, just like how an older sister would be over her little brother.

"I'm a journalist at a magazine in Seoul, I do hope to actually write books one day."

"Interesting, I've always enjoyed writing essays in high school but I never really thought about doing it for fun or as a career. I remember when Gikwang and I used to come home from school, I'd always try to get him to read and he just wouldn't want to. He would rather play soccer and he would play until our parents came home."

"Noona how do you remember all of this?"

"Gikwangie! How could I forget these things, and then one time he came home from Doojoon's house and I noticed that he was acting funny, turns out he kicked the soccer ball through his Doojoon's house window."

"Noona you're embarrassing me in front of Chloé!" We all started laughing at Gikwang's reaction. There was a softer, shy side to him that he was exposing. After lunch, Gikwang and Doojoon went outside to play a little soccer while me and Hyun-kim cleaned up.

"So what made you move all the way to Anyang?" Curious as to why she moved away from Seoul.

"To be honest, I enjoy peace and quiet. I moved away from the city because life was too hectic and crazy in Seoul so I decided on Anyang because it wasn't too far away from Gikwang. Since our parents divorced we were always sepreated but always managed to keep a strong bond. What about you?"

"I moved to Seoul because of my job, that's about it. My entire family lives in Jeju and I only visit them from time to time. Like you, I love peace and quiet and the city life is way too hectic for me but I'm slowly getting used to it so I guess its not that bad anymore."

"So what are you and Doojoon planning?"

"Sorry, I don't understand?"

"I mean what are your plans as a couple?"

"Oh, we're not dating."

"Ah I see, well it certainly looks as if you are. I can tell that you both like each other... A LOT! I've known Doojoon for 15 years and I know when he really likes someone. But you two are adults so I'm sure both of you are able to work this out yourselves and you don't need a "cupid." She joked. After cleaning up, Hyun-kim and Gikwang went to the bakery to get dessert for later so I joined Doojoon outside. I'm not really an athletic person so while Doojoon was playing soccer, I sat on the grass.

"Aren't you getting cold?" Doojoon asked while walking towards where I was sitting.

"A little." He laid his body on the grass and rested his head on my thighs. Our eyes looking at each other's. I ran my fingers through his soft silky black hair. I wanted to stay like that forever, no worries, no one around, just me and him. '

"So who was that guy who walked you out of the club last night?"

"Jealous?" '

"Hhmmm a little... A lot."

"He's the manager and I had to check in with him before I left. Are you stalking me, Mr. Doojoon?" I said playfully.

"Haha yes, and frankly I wouldn't like it very much if another man puts a finger on you."

"The protective vibe I see." I desperately wanted to press my lips on his again, breathe in his scent.

"What's your favourite color Chlo? You don't mind me calling you Chlo do you? Its just temporary until I can officially call you honey, or babe or even pumpkin." I laughed at his ability to just talk, he would just say random things.

"No I don't mind and my favourite color is purple."

"Awwww too bad, mine is white." He pouted his lips and I was about to lean my head over his and kiss him...

"Doojoon??!! Chloé??!! We're home!!"

"We're outside Noona!!!" Doojoon yelled back.

"Wanna go inside?" I nodded my head and before I knew it, he took my hands and helped me up. The rest of the day was relaxed and it was great to just laze around all day and hang out with Doojoon. I've seen an entirely different man today. A more relaxed, calm and romantic man. On the way home, Doojoon held my hand the entire time. The warmth of his hand sent tingles in my stomach. I didn't dare pull away, this time I wanted to send him the right message instead of the wrong one. We arrived at my apartment and Doojoon offered to walk me in, while Gikwang waited in the car.

"I really enjoyed today." I said.

"Me too, we should do it again sometime." He grabbed my hand and put it againgst his chest.

"See what you do to me?" I could feel his heartbeat beating a little faster than normal. Before I even realised, our lips met once again but this time lasted longer.

"Good night baby girl." He whispered.

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------**DOOJOON's POV**------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

"Dude, we have to leave and Chloé has work tomorrow."

"Yeah we should, its getting late." We said our goodbyes to Hyun-kim Noona and Gikwang and Chloé made their way out the door. I was about to exit when Hyun-kim Noona called me.

"Yes Noona?" She looked serious, I was a little nervous at what she was going to say.

"Don't hurt her, okay?"

"Don't worry Noona, I won't ever."

"Good, I'll see you next week."

 

When we got to Chloé's apartment, I told her I'd walk her in just so I could say my goodbyes properly without Gikwang staring at us. When we arrived at her front door, she looked at me with such emotion. That made my heart beat faster than it usually would. I took her hand and placed it on my chest.

"See what you do to me?"

I leaned foward and kissed her soft luscious lips.

"Good night baby girl." I whispered.

 

"Wow that was a very long 'goodbye', what did you guys do? Watch a movie?" Gikwang said as I got into the car.

"No."

"So what's going to happen now?" "I don't know, she said last night that Min-hee was clearly in love with me and that we should sort it out before anyone else gets involved. If she only knew that Min-hee isn't in love with me but my money. I really want a more than friends relationship with her but I know Min-hee will do whatever it takes to stop it."

"Okay so I need you to do me a little favour, would you please get Taka's number from Chloé? Whenever you speak to her of course.

" "Ah, so you like her?"

"I don't know but she captured my attention so I just want to get to know her a little, you know?"

"Sure thing man, I'll get it for you."

"I need a locksmith, to change the locks in my house."

"Yeah, I think you should. Especially with a psychopath on the loose. Dude I can't believe you dated that."

" 'That' was my girlfriend unfortunately."

"Yeah your girlfriend that meant absolutely nothing to you, admit it. That's why you cheated on her with so many other women."

"I'm not denying anything, and we all know she was cheating too, so its pretty much even."