Chapter 15

Crazy Nights

Its been 3 weeks since I last saw Doojoon. I missed him. A lot.
This is the longest we've been apart since we started dating. I missed everything about him, the way he held me close at night, the way his scent lingered in our home, the surprise dinners or breakfasts in bed.

He called and texted every day, I rejected all of them. He sent flowers to Taka's apartment every second day. I wasn't interested, yes my heart ached and yearned to be with him but I wanted to leave him alone. My heart felt as if it were going in two seperate directions. A part of me wanted to go back to him and another part of me wanted to leave for good.


That night, I called Dongwoon to go out for coffee. I just needed someone, besides Taka to talk to.
That night Taka, left early because she's going out with Gikwang and Doojoon to some huge event.
Dongwoon offered to come pick me up at Taka's apartment. I agreed because it seemed so traditional, something that I've always wanted in life.

Dongwoon came earlier than expected, while I was still getting ready.

"Have a seat, I'll just finish up quickly." I told him. It felt kind of awkward because I wasn't ready. I tried to hurry up as much as I could.

"You look beautiful." He exclaimed as soon as he saw me walking out the room. I won't lie, he looked really handsome too with his glasses and all. 'He's not Doojoon though. Urrrgghhhh Chloé stop it!'

"Do you want to have some dinner before coffee?" Dongwoon interrupted my thoughts.

"Uhm sure that would be nice."
We left the apartment and Dongwoon surprised me by taking me to a restaurant a little out of the city.

Once we were settled at our table, we began talking like normal. Ignoring the fact that we haven't had a chance to hang out that much.

"I'm really glad I get to see you." He held my hand, I was a bit shaken because I was so used to Doojoon holding my hand and now for another man to touch my hand it feels a bit awkward.

"Yeah me too, so uhm how is the therapy thing going?"
"Its okay, I have a session tomorrow night and I was wondering if maybe you'd like to join me and then maybe afterwards get some ice cream?"

'Is he seriously asking me to go to a psychologist with him?? Really?? That's a first, but what the heck.' I thought, I mean its kind of strange for someone to invite you to a therapy session.

"Yeah that would be great, I'm just curious as to why you would invite me to go with you to your psychologist?"
"Well uhm, I thought it would be a fun way for you to get to know me rather than the typical movie/dinner thing."

"Ah I see, well in that case I'd love to go with you."
"Okay great, I'll pick you up at 19:00pm."

I had a really great time with Dongwoon, he was the kind of man that I've always wished for. Kind, gentle, family man, and romantic was my ideal type for a husband and Dongwoon was exactly that. After dinner we had coffee and dessert at the restaurant as well, it was great getting to know a little bit more about him. He was like an onion, someone had to peel one layer at a time to expose the inside.