Chapter 19

Crazy Nights

 

**DOOJOON's POV**
 
"She said yes and she was so excited." Gikwang was yelling through the phone. 
 
"I'm so happy for you both." I didn't know what else to say.
 
"I'm sorry bro, I know that you're bummed about this whole thing with Chloé. I just want you to know that I'm here whenever you need me, even if you need a place to crash."
 
"Thanks, I appreciate everything. Listen I'll chat to you tomorrow, its pretty late and I gotta go to bed."
 
"No problem, chat later."
 
I was so happy for Gikwang, I really was but in the back of my head I kept on thinking that this should have been Chloé and I. 
I crawled into bed, it felt so empty without Chloé being next to me. I felt so empty without her, not that she cares. She probably won't ever take me back after what she saw. What was I going to do? I needed her in my life. With thoughts still running through my mind, I started falling off to sleep until my phone started ringing.
 
"Hello?"
 
"Miss me? I just landed in LA."
 
"Oh." I clearly wasn't interested.
 
"I'll let you know as soon as I'm done with everything. Okay?"
 
"Yeah okay, can I go back to bed now?" Getting impatient, I snapped at her.
 
"Yeah, gosh no need to be grumpy. Sweet dreams my angel! Mwah."
 
Without saying anything, I hung up. I was relieved when Min-hee told me she was going to LA for some model auditons, finally she was leaving me alone even if it was only for 2 weeks. This gave me a chance to breath a bit and figure out what am I going to do about my life. My life is a complete mess at the moment and I have to fix it.
 
 
The next afternoon I called Gikwang over for lunch. I never see him that often anymore.
 
"She wants to get married in 10 weeks."
 
"What? That's insane, don't you think that's a bit short notice?"
 
"Well that's what she wants and we both figured why should we wait, you know?"
 
"If that's what you guys want then by all means go ahead."
There was silence for a while.
 
"Would you be my best man?"
 
"Who else would do such a good job? Of course I'll be your best man!"
There was another short silence.
 
"So I'm guessing Chloé is the main bridesmaid? What do you call it again?"
 
"Yeah, and its called a maid of honor. Don't you ever listen when women talk wedding stuff?"
I don't even know why I brought Chloé into this conversation, just mentioning her name gave me a pain in my chest.
 
"Dude you have to forget about it now, she already moved on." 
 
"What do you mean?" 
 
"She went on a date last night."
 
"Are you sure it was a date? Maybe it was just a friend." 
My heart didn't want to believe what I just heard.
 
"Whoever he was, the point is she's moving on and you need to do the same."
I was speechless, I didn't want to move on. I wanted to be with her forever. Even if that means chasing after her wherever she is. 
 
Soon after Gikwang left, I couldn't help but wonder if Cholé really did move on or is this Gikwang's way of making me jealous in order for me to find someone else. Whatever he was trying it sort of worked. Maybe I do need to move on, maybe it was just a phase we both went through. As painful as it was to even think about moving on, it was something that I had to do.