Chapter 1

Crazy Nights

YES!!! The weekend has finally arrived! I've been waiting for this since Sunday Night.

I took the afternoon off from work, I didn't have that much anyway and besides my article was only due next week. "I'll see you on Monday." I said smiling at the receptionist.

"Sure thing Chloé, enjoy your weekend"

"Same to you"

I walked out of the office and made my way to the nearest café. The cold winter air of Seoul hit my cheeks as soon as a exited the door. I loved Winter time, the bare trees, couples cuddling on the couch or in cafés, just Winter in general gave me a warm fuzzy feeling inside. I wasn't planning on doing much, just relaxing at home, perhaps I would read a book or even finish up my article. I hardly went out, just because I felt it to be much more satisfying to stay at home where there was peace and tranquillity. I snapped out of my thoughts when my cellphone started ringing.

"You're not calling me because you want to go clubbing tonight are you?"

"Come on!! You never go out, I always find myself going out all by myself because my best friend doesn't want to!"

"Oh come on Taka, its Winter! Who goes clubbing?

" "Okay okay, meet me at the usual. I'll explain everything to you."

Our usual spot to hang out was at Starbucks, corny but true. I turned around from my direction and started walking to Starbucks.

 

Taka is very different from me, she's from Tokyo, Japan. We are complete opposites but I guess growing up in the city has its effects somehow. She loves a busy life and not to mention night life. Me on the other hand, growing up in Jeju, far away from the city, I'm more relaxed and don't really crave the busy life Taka craves. I moved to Seoul because of my job and I've been living in Seoul for 19 months now and I'm beginning to open up to the fast pace life. I started thinking to back when I first met Taka. We were on the subway when a drunk man decided to take off his pants. We looked at each other and started laughing.

I walked into Starbucks and found Taka sitting near the window. Taka looked like a typical Japanese girl, small and petite, long black hair and very bold facial features. I always admired her, she was different and definitely stood out. I pulled out a chair and sat opposite her.

"Hello dearest, I've already ordered your favourite" she said with a huge grin. I could already tell she had something to tell me.

"Thanks T, nice to see you too!"

"Oh sorry, nice to see you, even tho I've seen you yesterday."

"Ha ha ha, very funny, anyway what's up?"

"Okay so, one guy at my college can get us into this club for free tonight. I heard its really great and even though I know you don't really like going to clubs and all but please come with me. And we can be home early I promise, I just wanna check this club out and well we can get in for free." She just had this baby face that I couldn't say no to.

"Ugh okay fine, just as long as we leave early its all good"

"Thanks Chlo!!! I love you!!" We both departed from Starbucks quite early since we needed to be at the club by 21:00 just so we could get in before the club opens for the night.