Chapter 4

Crazy Nights

Its been a few days since the whole incident with Doojoon. I'm feeling a little better about it each day. I always thought my first ual experience would be on my wedding night with my husband and that I'd remember it the next day. Even though I'm disappointed about it, I can't help but wonder if he thinks about me like how I think about him sometimes. Was it just for him or was it an emotional experience? 'Chloé snap out of it, it was just one night and besides we didn't even exchange numbers so it didn't mean anything to him! Just forget it girl, it was just a good time.'

"Chloé, Mrs. Park would like to see you in her office."

"Oh okay." Being called into my boss's office was always a scary thing for me, I have no idea why. Its like being in school and being called into the principle's office and just being nervous as to what's he/she is going to say. Are you in trouble or are you being praised for something? I walked in, trying to keep a straight face so my boss doesn't sense my uneasiness.

"You wanted to see me Mrs. Park?"

"Yes indeed, I did. Sit down. I wanted to speak to you about your article this week. Its very good, you've been writing our 'Affordable Fashion' column for what? 19 months now? And even though that's not really your cup of tea, you've done splendidly. I want to promote you to our 'Star Gaze' column. 500 words, a new celebrity and event every month, what do you think?"

"Uh what do I think? I think that's wonderful, I never really expected it. Thank you very much!"

"Well then, your first job is to go to the Poison Ivy and there's going to be an event this weekend. You know where that is don't you?"

"Yup."

"Great, go there and there'll be many celebs there, and we'll just get the guest list and I'll choose a celeb for you to interview. You may go." She said nonchalantly. 'Oh my God! The Star Gaze column?? Really??? I don't even know where the Poison Ivy is! I guess its okay, I'll get paid more, but even if I get paid more I know nothing about celebrities and all that nonsense.' Getting interrupted by my office phone, I quickly answer hoping its Taka calling.

"Hello?"

"Chloé, there's a call for you on line 3."

"Is it Taka?"

"No, its from someone else, he didn't give me his name."

"Could you tell that person I'm kind of busy."

"Okay, I'll try."   'What am I going to do, I at this celebrity stuff-'

"Chloé, he said its urgent."

"Ugh okay put him through."

"Roullette Magazine, Chloé speaking how may I help you?"

"I thought I'd find you."

"You again, gosh what do you want?" My heart leaped for joy, Doojoon calling me definitely means he was thinking about me.

"Aren't you happy to hear from me?"

"Mmm let me think, NO!"

"Hahahahaha, you're a fiesty one aren't you? Baby, I know girls like you, pretending to be happy alone but deep inside you're dying to be with someone, someone like me."

"You're so full of yourself you know! And besides I'm not dying to be with someone. And by the way, where on earth did you get my work number from?"

"Yes you are. And don't worry where I got your number from, I got my connections"

"Hahaha, your connections, whatever and no I'm not dying to be with someone!"

"Yes you are."

"No I'm not!"

"Yes baby you are, admit it." "No I'm no-"

"The real reason why I called was because I want to take you out to dinner tomorrow night, just sort of an apology for what happened on Friday night."

"Sort of an apology or a definite apology?"

"Sorry, I meant definite appology."

"So sorry I'm busy tomorrow night, bye!" I don't know why I keep playing the hard to get game with him. Maybe its because its fun or maybe its because I want to teach him a lesson, a guy like him needs to chase a girl instead of girls chasing him. I thought he'd call back but he didn't, I really expected him to call and I waited for his call all day but that didn't happen.

 

 

 

That night Taka came over with take outs. She hated cooking and prefered to just buy food.

"So then what happened?"

"He wanted me to go out with him tomorrow night."

"And you said no? Wow Chlo! He probably won't ask again, I can't believe you turned it down!!"

"Yeah well, he needs to know I'm not one of those floozy girls that just say yes to everything he wants."

There was a long pause. "What happened with you and Minwoo though?"

"He's such a geek Chlo, all he talks about is studying and computers, we left the club, went for some coffee and then by midnight, I was already home. While you on the other hand, were taking shots with Mr. I'm too y."

"Hahahaha, jealous?"

"A little, yeah."

"Wait hang on, I need to use the bathroom."

"Chlo! Your phone is ringing!!"

"Well then answer it dummy." I yelled from the bathroom. After finishing up in the bathroom, I wasn't really interested as to who called, it was probably my mom or dad.

"Who was it T?"

"Doojoon. He said that he wanted to take you out tomorrow night and he'll pick you up at 7pm"

"You gave him my address?? Taka, seriously???"

"Don't get mad, I felt bad for him, he said he really wanted to apologize for what happened this passed weekend so I said you'll be ready by 7pm. Don't deny it Chlo, you like this guy. Just give it a shot, all you need to do is not get drunk and sleep with him. That's all, its just dinner."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Okay, let me look at you one more time. You look great, even though I think you should have worn just the dress rather than the dress and leggings."

"Taka its Winter, are you like immune to Winter or something? By the way, I want to ask you where is the Poison Ivy?"

"Its a club, somewhere around this huge city. Why, what's happening there?"

"My first assignment is to go there, scout the place and interview some celeb that's going to be there on Saturday night."

"Does it have a "plus one" invitation perhaps?" She laughed.

"Ppfff no, you're going to have to pay to get in, plus I'm not going to stay for long, just get my work done and get out of there."

"Its almost 7, you ready yet?"

"Yeah, I can't believe you're making me do this." I sighed.

"It'll be fun, just don't drink any alcohol." She joked.

"Trust me, I won't this time."

I felt my cheeks heat up. My heart started filling up with butterflies when I heard a knock on the door.

"Coming!" Taka shouted. I stood there like a statue, I had become shy and felt unable to face Doojoon.

"Hi, I'm Taka. Chloé's friend." 'Taka will be Taka, always introducing herself to any good looking man' I laughed a little at the thought in my head.

"Nice to meet you, Chloé are you ready to leave?"

"Mmm hmm."

"You two have fun, and Chlo, I'll see you tomorrow."

She winked at me. From the time we got into the elevator to the time we got into a cab, was silent. It was awkward seeing each other again.

"I've got us reservations at Tao, I hope you like Japanese cusine."

"You definitely do know how to charm the ladies don't you, I love Japanese food. I wonder which of your 'connections' helped you with that."

"Actually I really love Japanese food, so I went ahead and just booked us a table at a Japanese restaurant." He seemed much more quiet and gentleman-like than normal.

"Oh, well then no Sake for us tonight then." I let out a weak laugh, trying to lighten the mood a little. To my surprise, he laughed at my lame joke. I laughed even harder now.

"What's so funny?" I tried to speak,

"I- can't believe you- laughed- at my- lame joke."

"Yeah that was lame, but it was cute." He giggled. I was seeing a whole new side to him, a side that I'm not sure he shows to a lot of people. Over dinner, he really opened up to me about his life and his childhood. I felt really special, I felt like he trusted me. My feelings towards him changed.'Maybe I shouldn't be too harsh on him, but how should I know if I could trust him? What if he's just using me for his "needs"?' "Doojoon baby, I thought I'd find you here!" I see a tall, thin, y woman walked up our table. She grabbed a chair from a nearby table and sat next to Doojoon.

"Who is she?" She asked Doojoon.

"Uhm.. She's my friend, I, uh, owe her a favour so I decided to take her out for dinner."

"Oh well, I thought the two of us could go for drinks." I sensed that was an indication for me to leave. Feeling hurt by what she just did, I thought its best I leave.

"I think I'm just gonna go." I said, trying to stop my voice from shaking.

"Thanks for dinner." I smiled weakly and left. By the time I left the restaurant, tears were overflowing out of my eyes. I knew he would do something like this. We've been together for 3 hours and he failed to mention he had a girlfriend!