Chapter 13

Crazy Nights

 


Those words shattered my heart. What was she saying?? Why does she want a break??
 
"What are you saying? You're just mad, don't say these kind of things when you're mad."
 
"I'm saying we need a break. Doojoon, I told you this a long time ago. Min-hee is still involved. Its best that we go our seperate ways. I don't want to be with someone who has extra baggage, that's not the relationship I signed up for." Without saying anything else she got up and went upstairs.
Without any hesitation, I got up and followed her. 
 
"Baby, maybe we can go for couples counselling, I'll do anything just please don't leave me." My voice was trailling off, my heart wanted to stop. I didn't want her to leave! Why was she doing this? 
 
She took out a bag and started packing some clothes and shoes. Tears were rolling down her face.
 
"Why are you leaving? Please don't leave!"
 
"Doojoon, I don't want to live my life with you knowing that there's always going to be someone chasing after us. I can't do this anymore. Do you even love me? Or are you using me just so that you could prove to people that you're not just an ? What we had, was it even real?"
 
"I told you babe, I didn't know she was in the house until she got into the shower. Please don't leave!" I grabbed on to her wrist.
 
"Doojoon, its what's best for us." She got loose from my grip and made her way out of our room. 
I followed her again and this time was almost in tears.
"Chloé, please don't leave. I love you!"
 
"I'll get the rest of my stuff when I get a place." Without saying anything else, she left. Tears started filling my eyes, I broke down and sobbed. 
 
I called Gikwang and told him to come over as soon as possible. I sunk to the floor and just laid there, what was I going to do now? My entire life has just left me. Life possibly couldn't get any worse.
When Gikwang arrived at the house, I was such a wreck, I don't think anyone has ever seen me like this before.
 
Throwing myself on the couch and staring at the ceiling, I needed advice.
 
"I lost her bro." I tried to hide my pain, but I failed. My eyes were filling up with tears again.
 
"What do I do? I can't live without her, she was like the sunlight in my life. I don't want to be without her, she's my everything." I couldn't help but shed the tears. I was now like a plant without any water.
 
"I don't know what to tell you, all I can tell you is you're going to have to really try to get her back. I've never been in your position so I can't tell you that I feel your pain. I'll help you wherever I can bro. If you need me, I'm here."
 
I really appreciated Gikwang's words, it didn't make me feel better but it definitely made me confident as to getting Chloé back.
 
That night, I slept on the couch again. I couldn't even dare think about sleeping alone in that bed without Chloé next to me.