Tell Me

Equation of Love

 

Taeyeon's POV

 

I awoke the next day, tired, and feeling restless. I looked around, taking in my surrounding, and then realized I was in Tiffany's room.

 

I sit up and look beside me, only to find it empty. 'She must have gotten up already' I thought. I got up, and slowly made my way to the bathroom.

 

I look at myself in the mirror, and memories of my nightmare from last night, flash in my mind. Tears unconsciously flowing down my cheeks. Nothing but bitter thoughts left roaming in my mind.

 

I quickly wipe them away as I soon started to wash my face, and freshen up a bit.

 

I felt horrible.

 

*sigh*

 

There are many times, in which I just wish I could disappear. Nothing in this life mattered anymore. Every part of my life is a big disappointment and a huge lie if I were to say 'I was happy.'

 

I look at myself one more time in the mirror before sighing again, and then getting out of the bathroom.

 

As soon as I walk out, I find Tiffany in the bed, waiting for me.

 

"There you are! I hope you had a great sleep. I made breakfast for the both of us to enjoy this morning. I hope you like it ^-^"

 

"Thank you" I said softly while giving her a small smile.

 

I look down and stare at the floor. I know she is staring at me now. I can feel her eyes watching me closely and intensely. I keep myself quiet to make sure I don't say anything I don't need to. But then she speaks up, clearing up the silence.

 

"What's the matter, Taeyeon-ah?"

 

"....."

 

"Come on, you can tell me. What's wrong?"

 

"Nothing" I said as I looked away, and diverted my eyes away from her's. I just know that as soon as I look into her eyes, I might actually confess everything to her. By doing that, I feel like I will burden her more. If I've managed to actually keep these emotions bottled up for many years, I'm sure I can still keep going. Even if I were to end up crying by myself in the end, in a lonely corner.

 

But then, I felt warm hand touching my right cheek, if ever so tenderly. She brings her other hand to land gently on my other cheek, and then forcing me to look directly into her eyes.

 

"... Please Taeyeon-ah, tell me. I want to know what's troubling you. If you are actually suffering deep down inside, please, share that pain with me. I always want to be there for you. I want to be someone whom you can lean on. I want to be that someone who will always lend you a shoulder to cry on. I want to support you, to help you, and lend you a helping hand whenever you need one. So please, don't always keep your feelings bottled up, and at least let yourself be open, I'm all ears. I will always be here for you no matter what, even if everyone were to give you the cold shoulder, put you in the dark parts of this cruel world, and leave you, I will always be here for you".

 

After everything she had just said, I couldn't control my emotions any longer. Tears ran down my cheeks again. I was left speechless, but in a way ...  I was happy. I immediately let myself go, and hugged her. I cried out all of my emotions right there. All of the fear, sadness, anger ... everything was being released at that moment.

 

As soon as I shed my tears in her shoulder, she hugged me back tightly, reassuring me of her presence.

 

She caressed me lightly, rubbing my back in repeated motions.

 

I just cried out everything I held back and confesed everything that I was feeling at that moment.

 

" I feel so lonely! There are many times in which I wish I could just disappear, vanish into thin air, and become non-existent. Maybe that way I wouldn't have to suffer like the way I do now. I'm tired of all of this !!  I just want to die !!!"

"NO !!  Don't say that!!"

After she said that, I suddenly became quiet. I was a bit speechless.

"Don't EVER mention death in front of me!!"

".... But what is the point of living when no one is there to even need you in the first place"

"Everything!! Because I NEED you !!"

What!?

She NEEDS me!?

Why!?

"I don't understand" I said.

"*sigh* ..  For now, I just want you to eat and never repeat those words again, ok?"

"But why? I don't understand what you are trying to tell me!"

 
She was quiet, almost as if contemplating what to say next. It looked as if she was trying to find the right words.
 
"*sigh*... 'Death' is not a word I like to hear. To me, it signifies the end of the life of someone precious. Someone whom I care about. In this entire world, out of all the words that exist in the dictionary, 'death' is the one word I can not accept to hear."
 
" .... Why?"
 
"Because, everytime I hear it, it reminds me of something that I don't want."
 
"Why? What happened?"
 
" ..... "
 
" ...... "
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"My mother died".
 
My eyes widened as soon as I heard what she said. Her mother died?
 
"That's why I wont and can't let you say those words. My mother whom was very precious to me, died because of a disease. She was weak and fragile. She suffered a lot. I mean, I know everyone is bound to die at some point, but it felt like it came a bit too early for my mom. 'Death' took her away from me. And every time I hear it, it reminds me of those times I would see my own mother in pain. She was lying in bed as the disease consumed her, and was slowly and painfully taking away her life, and I couldn't do anything!! ... I couldn't do anything to help her and ease her pain. I felt useless."
 
I maintained myself quiet and still as I heard her story. She was already crying and shedding tears. I went forwards and held her in my arms, as I tried to sooth her.
 
"She would always try her best to show me a smile whenever she saw me. I knew she didn't want to worry me, but it was just too painful to see her try her best to make her littlest child to at least smile. She smiled at me every day until her last breath ran short and died. That's why, every time someone that I consider precious, mentions anything about dying or wanting to die, I can't accept the fate that they try to put on themselves. And you are one of them."
 
"Huh?"
 
I was a surprised. I was one of them? .. I pulled away a bit to look her in the eye and she stared at me back.
 
"To me, you have become someone whom I consider precious as well. You are not just any other person whom just randomly attends the same school as I do. You are someone whom I value a lot."
 
I was left speechless at what she said. What!? She values me?
 
....
 
I really am confused now.
 
I guess Tiffany noticed my confused expression, as she sighed and then looked me directly at the eyes, somewhat hesitating a bit at what she would say next.
 
"How can I explain it to you? .... Are you seriously still not getting the big picture here?"
 
I just nodded my head in agreement. She released the hug and held my hands as if trying to find some courage for herself.
 
"*sigh* .... This is a bit difficult to say, and it would somewhat help if you weren't that dense to notice ... I just don't want you to freak out and then all of a sudden leave and then ignore me everytime you see me, ok?"
 
I just nodded my head again.
 
" ...  Well ... you see .... since the first time I saw you ... I  uhh .... I actually ... Ikindoflikedyou"
 
"............. Huh?"
 
"I actually ... kind of ... liked you •///•"
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
" .... "
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
•__•
 
 
 
 
 
 
She liked me?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
WHAT!?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 
 
I know it's short and I apologize for it
 
I'm sorry for always updating late >_<
 
If only my brain actually processed the ideas a bit faster >3>
 
I'm sorry again for everything   •_•
 
Thanks for reading    *bows* 
 
 
Sincerely,
 
 Soshi9_4ever
 
 
 
Bye-bye  \(^-^)_
 
 
07/6/2013
10:49:21