Because I Love You!

Of Porcelain And Steel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yo! History’s talkin’ once again!

So, how was it? Enjoyable? Eh, this ride you took might change the perspective you had over my colors. Or not. Anyway, I do hope I managed to show you the real story of the last rulers of Joseon Era.

Oh no, you didn’t! Oh no you didn’t! tell me that you weren’t just about to turn that page and close this book! ‘Coz let me tell you something, you haven’t seen the real ending of the story yet! What did you think, that everything ended with General Yesung leaving the palace? Hm! I thought better of you! Anyway, here it is, the last page of their story… …

 

In a time where everyone was happy, where the people was happy because their queen was no longer wearing white, where the king was happy because his wife was smiling more often, where the officials were not fighting for power, there was this one man that was living alone, devoting his sweat to the vegetables that he was growing in his huge, green garden, to the chickens that came running to him every time he threw them food on the ground. He was known for his white hair and gentle smile, for his wise advice that he gave to all those in trouble. He was a simple man with a golden heart.

And that year, the 24th of August he was turning a golden age. 59 years of actions and feelings. 59 years that had their regrets, but had their joys as well. 59 years… And he was still waiting.

The old general woke up early that day. In the end, it was just another day, a lonely day, a working day. He carefully chose one plain, cotton shirt from the pile inside the small cabin and wore it over his tanned and full of scars skin. And as always, he chose to skip breakfast and spent the first part of the day praying while working.

“Oh my tomatoes are so pretty and red,” he sang as he watered the rows of tomatoes that grew tall, sustained by tall sticks.

“You’re talking to your plants again, Jong Woon?” Mister Wu, the neighbour smiled over the fence.

“If I don’t talk to then, who will then? And plus, they need love to grow up beautifully!”

“That’s what I thought too! I don’t know where was my mind last night when I took a cabbage and boiled it! I’m probably going to be punished by Buddha and turn into a cabbage myself!” The old man laughed with tears, making Jong Woon frown.

“If you’re going to keep that…”

“Oh look, you have a visitor!” Mister Wu’s trembling finger pointed to the little gate that was opened by a woman dressed in deep green. “Are you expecting someone?”

“No.”

But actually he was expecting someone. Or something. He was expecting life.

“Hello?” he approached the strange with curious eyes. “Can I help you with something?”

“Is this the house of Kim Jon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter