How Can I Be Brave? (1st Part)

Of Porcelain And Steel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Your Majesty!” Donghae and Kyuhyun both jumped off from their seats as Ae Ri stepped inside the tent.

“She is Commander Cho. I hope you’ll all get along well,” I smiled as she sat next to me.

“EH?!”

“What part did you not understand, Kyuhyun?” I yawned as I looked over the map once again. “The ‘she’ part? Or maybe the ‘get along well’ one?”

“Are you mocking me right now, scholar?”

“You do that on your own. No need for me.”

“I dare you say that again!” he smirked.

“Say what again?” I played innocent. “You do that on your own? No need for me?”

“That’s it! I challenge you to a fight!” he jumped from his chair and signaled me to follow him outside. Ae Ri’s eyes looked worried.

“He’s joking, dear,” I kissed her forehead before heading out. Actually, it was all part of a ritual we had. I , he challenges me to fight. We fight and none of us wins. We train our mind and body to work as one while entertaining the others as well. But this time I was going to win.

“Show off,” Kyuhyun offered me his hand as I ended up on the ground after a flying kick of his.

“Idiot!” I muttered under my breath as I spit some blood on the floor.

“Are you alright? You shouldn’t have done that, Commander Kyuhyun! Don’t you know that you could have opened his wound?! Do you wish he remains put while the enemies are attacking this kingdom?! Really now! You men are such idiots sometimes!” She made his eyes grow larger and larger as each word of her hit the air, leaving him shocked as she helped me up. “Come, Yesung! Let’s go take a look at that wound of yours once again!”

We passed right by Kyuhyun. And blame the childish me for sticking out my tongue as we pass by him. But I felt protected as she led me towards the tent.

“You’re such a kid, you know that?!” she hit my arm with her fist as soon as we were out of their sight.

“OUCH! That HURT!” I whined, rubbing the place she hit. “And what are you talking about? Didn’t you see him hit me with all his force? Look at my face! Look here! And here!” I pointed towards the places I felt that were starting to get swollen.

“He should have hit you harder!” she slapped a cold towel over my face.

“Why didn't you fought with him then?!”

“Because…”

I wiggled my eyebrows. Teasing was always fun! “Because?”

“Oh shut it and kiss me!” she grabbed my by the collar and pulled me closer to her. And just like the other time, her soft lips made my heart go crazy inside my chest.

“You know, you can’t do that every single time I get beaten,” I smirked as we parted to breathe.

“And why is that?”

“Because I might end with some broken bones.”

♃~✵~♃

“Why are you dragging me out at such an hour?” she whined as I helped her saddle on the horse. “It’s not even morning yet! Can’t we go to sleep, Yesung? Please?” she tried her puppy eyes on me, but fortunately for me, her eyes were half closed so her magic had no effect on me.

“Ha!” I urged the black stud to leave the place. Ae Ri’s head fell on my shoulder as I rode further. Half an hour later, I had to stop as we reached the destination. “Ae Ri, wake up love. We’re here.”

“Really now, Kim Jong Woon?! You took me out just to show me a lake?!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter