Confucian Art And Feelings

Of Porcelain And Steel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The gates were closed right in front of me. I gulped as I heard the morning noises coming from inside as the students left their rooms, heading towards the pavilion where the breakfast was served. I knew that. I had their faces already in my mind. And to think that I was going to become one of them soon…

“What are you doing, miss? Aren’t you entering?”the maid rushed me, carrying the big package that had my clothes and books. And she pushed the gates open, making everyone turn around and look at us.

I usually love having the eyes on me, but those cold stares scared me…

♃~✵~♃

“So, what you’re saying is that you have a royal decree that permits you to learn inside Seonggyugwan?”Mr. Kim Ha Soo, the Head Master of the Royal Academy said on a calm tone.

“Yes. Here it is,”I handed over the red letter that was written by the king himself.

The frown on his face as he read it made me think about he worst scenarios. Was he going to throw me out despite the royal decree? Was he going to mock me and make me leave the academy in front of every single student that was there?

His hand as he placed the red letter on the table that stood between us was firm. His decision was already taken.

“Very well, miss Cho,”his voice sounded like it came from far away. “There’s nothing I can do when you put the royal decree in front of me, even though this academy has no female students and never had one in its entire history! Let me be honest with you, miss Cho,”this time he leaned his body a little forward. “I don’t think you belong here. I don’t think you’ll be able to keep it up with the lessons here and I surely don’t think I should accept a female inside this institution just because the king said so!”

I frowned feeling the blood boiling inside my veins. “Then why didn’t you tell this to him in person?”the words escaped my mouth without even realizing. I saw his eyes getting wider and the shocked expression in his eyes. “Don’t act like this, Head Master!”I smiled. “I have no boundaries whatsoever when I want something! Nothing can stop me and nothing can stand in my way! I’m not an easy prey, you know! And I don’t play nice. So I will wait your move.”

I watched his reaction closely. He was indeed a sneaky, old, sly fox! In one second, his expression relaxed and a smart smile began playing on his lips. It was that kind of a smile that Jon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter