Seonggyugwan's Girl

Of Porcelain And Steel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I gulped as we approached the pavilion where our parents were waiting for us.

“What if he says no, Jun Hyung?”

“Then you’ll have to see uncle,”he shrugged with a smile on his face.

“Yah…are you on my side or what?”I frowned.

“I am, I am!”

“You really don’t sound like that! Listen to me Jun Hyung, you said that I have to go on his territory, right?”

He nodded.

“The this is the best opportunity for me to get close to him,”I looked at the red rose on which a yellow butterfly had opened its wings. “Since he’s there most of his time, I have to inside and stay there. Just like him! And then he’ll definitely see me. And when he does…”

“But Ae Ri, the Academy is closed for girls…”

I turned to him. “Jun Hyung, you just said that if father doesn’t help me out, then I’ll have to see uncle, have you already forgotten?”

“I was just hoping that maybe you didn’t hear me…”

“Morning, children!”father smiled over his cup of tea. “Beautiful morning isn’t it?”

“Indeed father,”I smiled at his dreamy expression from his eyes. “Have you seen the yellow butterflies this morning, mother?”

“Yes. They remind me of the beautiful gardens of the palace…”

I smiled. The palace…now that was the answer to my problem and not father.

“Ae Ri, have you talked to Seung Ho lately?”mother asked as we went outside the pavilion, taking a stroll through the vast garden.

“No. Why?”

“You used to be really good friends before you left for the Tang Empire. Is it not the same anymore?”

“I don’t know. I guess we can never go back to being what we used to. And plus, now he’s the Crown Prince of the nation. He’s busy with something else. And who am I to get in his way, anyway?”I shrugged as I stopped to admire the little white rose that was climbing on the fence.

“I heard that he’s going to marry…”

“He should. It’s only right for him to have a Crown Princess as well, right?”

“Ae Ri…”

“What, mother?”I turned to her, all smiles.

“Nothing!”she smiled. “Let’s go! Your uncle is waiting for us,”she took my arm as we passed over the doorstep of the main gates.

♃~✵~♃

“Isn’t it a beautiful day?”the King smiled at us as we approached him.

“Indeed it is, uncle,”I smiled.

“Please sit! So, what brings you here today? Do you like that much the palace, Ae Ri?”he turned to me with a gentle smile on his lips and a strange spark in eyes. So he was a man too, huh?

“The palace? Oh no, uncle! I’m here to see you,”I tilted my head, letting out a flirting smile. “What would be this palace without you in? Just a mere bulding…”

“On, stop it you!”he laughed. “Just as I heard. You’re way of wrapping men around your pinky is extraordinary! Now tell me your true reason that brings you here, ‘coz we don’t want your mother to think bad of us, right? Sister, please excuse this little game of ours,”he turned to mother who was watching us with a smile. “It’s just that even though I have so many women around me, none of them tries to seduce me anymore. It’s disappointing, you know?”

“You’ll never change, Mi Hyun!”she laughed. “But then, I think this is a family trait for you two and Jun Hyung. It’s in your blood to be a playboy, playgirl,”she then sighed, taking the small cup of tea into her hand.

“Then what about you, Mi Roo? Aren’t you sharing the same blood with us?”the king laughed.

“I am. But maybe educa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter