Desperado

Of Porcelain And Steel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

One dark silhouette distinguished itself among the still trees of the forest. It was moving with unsteady steps in the darkness of the night, advancing as if it was looking for something… or someone. And the sounds surrounding it… They were not natural as there was no wind to howl among the leafs, as there was no wild animal sniffing the ground and watching the pale moon. It was like someone was mourning over a dead body for centuries, somewhere in the heart of the forest, slowly becoming one with the nature and transforming into an entity…

The wind.

However, the silhouette continued dragging its feet over the black ground, tripping at some points, falling at some others.

Words.

The silhouette was mumbling words with no meaning, sounding so perfectly together even though they were incomprehensible. Maybe it was a calling? A desperate call to someone out there? A call for help?

But no matter what he was saying or looking for, there was the cliff. Hanging above the whole field, dressing it in it’s long shadow. And in the moonlight, the silhouette transformed, proving itself to be nothing less, nothing more but a man. A man who was unsteady on his feet as he went closer to the edge of the cliff.

“WHY?! WHY FOR CHRIST’S SAKE?! WHY DID YOU LET EVERYTHING END LIKE THAT?! WHY DID YOU TOOK HER AWAY FROM ME, YOU CRAZY BASTARD?!” His raised fists threatened the starry sky. “AND NOT ONLY THAT, BUT YOU KILLED MY BEST FRIEND TOO! YOU CRAZY BASTARD! AND I THOUGHT THAT YOU TAKE CARE OF EVERYONE THAT JOINS YOUR HOLY ARMY, EVERY SOUL THAT BAPTIZES IN YOUR NAME! I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE YOU AS MY GOD! I DENY YOUR EXISTENCE, YOU ENTITY!”

His fingers seemed to turn into claws as he ripped of his clothes from his body, throwing them on the ground. He looked so perfect there, for a couple of seconds as rage left his head, remorse filling his heart and thoughts. But he was already with one leg over the edge…

“Are you really an idiot, Kim Jong Woon?” A hand grabbed him by the belt and pulled him back. “And here I was, thinking highly of you. Pfff! You’re just an old fart like all the others generals that went through wars,” the one speaking took the freedom to smack the later’s head. “Why are you threatening God when you should threaten your enemy? Why are you shouting at Him when you should plead with your king for her salvation? Are you plain stupid? Or maybe your reason went blind for a while.”

The eyes of the general seemed to stare into blank space for a couple of minutes. But then a fire was lit in them and suddenly sun has risen up again.

“Let’s go, Kyuhyun,” he said while he turned his back on the commander that was watching him closely as he approached the edge once again. But this time he could see everything clearly. The blood. Everything was painted in the crimson blood.

“Where to?”

“To Hanyang.”

♃~✵~♃

The echo was copying the sounds of horseshoes, sending it far away in the distance of the deserted road. Two riders appeared at the horizon, advancing at full speed. Just a look at their faces and you could tell that they were tired. Their horses had white foam at their mouths, while their skin was full of sweat.

“Who is there?” the guards of he palace pulled out their weapons as the two riders stopped in front of the cl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter