Seasons' Changing

Of Porcelain And Steel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seasons run around, all the same, coming and going each year, not minding us people. What are we in front of God’s power? Mere ants, with no power to stand in front of it. And nature follows its course, not minding us at all, leaving us struggling on our own…

That December… How much time has it passed since then? Since I let her leave me for good? The season was once again back, freezing the soil and killing the sun with its coldness, driving away the singing birds from the trees and their nests.

One year. That much it passed by me and through me, leaving me with nothing to do, not even dream about Ae Ri. It was a sin. She was no another’s woman and wife and I could not dream about her, I could not wish to have her. So I had nothing apart from my fake family and my fake relationships.

One year. That much time passed and that much I changed.

“Can you believe that today I met Jun Hyung while I was walking towards the Academy?”Mi Ru’s voice broke the silence that was dominating the room.

“And,”I raised my eyes from my papers to study her red cheeks and innocent look in her eyes. “Did he greeted you?”

“That would have been a premiere!”she laughed. “No. He was with two men that seemed to be his close friends. You know, if I analyze Jun Hyung closely, he gives off a strange vibe,”Mi Ru continued.

“How come?”

“I don’t know. Even today. He seemed much more closer with one of the men while the other one was keeping some sort of a distance. Don’t you find that strange?”

“Maybe that was his best friend,”I shrugged. “And maybe the other one was just a mutual friend. Who knows?”

“Yeah,”she agreed as she returned to her embroidery she was sewing.

My eyes remained fixed on her body for a couple of seconds. She was a beautiful woman. Jun Hyung was an idiot for not loving Mi Ru! Her figure was slender and her face was small with white skin, perfect lips and black eyes shaded by long eyelashes.

“Shouldn’t we go to sleep?”I asked as I placed one paper over another.

“Are you tired already?”she smiled, but stood from her place, leaving the embroidery on the table. I turned my head as she let the colorful dress fall off from her body. I was ashamed of my thoughts. “What are you doing? Aren’t you coming to sleep?”she pulled the cover over her body.

“O-oh…yes,”I quickly took of my black robe, leaving the white attire shine in the darkness of the room for a couple of seconds before sitting next to Mi Ru. I could feel her body warmth coming from my left side and my hand seemed to move on h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter