Like A Phoenix (1st Part)

Of Porcelain And Steel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I sat on the chair and rubbed the back of my neck, feeling my muscles all stiff because of the last hours I spent next to the one that was now fainted in front of me after another round of torture.

“Yah…Wake up! That’s not fair, you know?!” I lifted the full bucket and threw the cold water on his body. “You get to sleep and I don’t? What kind of torture is this then? So tell me, what exactly have you been saying to Lord Cho Jun Hyung?”

“I never pillow-talked him, if that’s what you mean,”he grinned after spitting the blood on the straws that were scattered on the floor.

“Oh really? I don’t know why, but I highly doubt that pretty boy,” my fingers pulled up his chin, forcing him to look straight into my eyes. “Now, you’d better tell me the truth, or these,” I casually rested my palm over his private area, “will be cut off! You chose! The truth or your balls?”

This time he hesitated. After all, his manhood was at stake!

“He hasn’t spoken yet?” Kyuhyun’s voice broke the magic.

“I did nothing wrong!”

I glared at the prisoner and then at my comrade. “I’m not doing this anymore! You do it!” I stormed out from the building, not minding that everyone was staring at me and walked towards the palace. The corridors were silent and everyone was moving around careful not to disturb the queen. I was the only one that was tromping around and frowning at everyone.

“Oh! Yesung!” Donghae’s bright smile welcomed me in front of the closed doors.

“Hey…is the queen inside?”

“Yeah, but you don’t want to go inside now.”

Too late. I was already one step inside the room, closing the doors behind me. And indeed, he was right…I should have waited for a little longer or I should have at least knocked!

“I didn’t intended to, Your Majesty! Please punish me with death!” I quickly turned around and covered my face with my palms.

“G-General Yesung! What are you doing in my chambers?”

I lost the trail of thoughts as I heard her hand moving in water.

“I-I…am sorry! I didn’t mean to barge in here without being announced before! It’s just that…well, we found a suspect that might be the mastermind behind your brother’s plan.”

“Approach, General,” her calm voice made me turn around and face her as she stood there, inside the bathtub, wrapped into a white cloth. “Tell me more about this suspect of yours.” She was calm, but her eyes were watching the circles that were forming on the water’s surface.

“Ehmm… your brother is… How should I put this?” I suddenly started to feel like a boiling pot.

Her wet and long hair was falling into black waterfalls of heavy locks…

“Your brother is…”

A drop of water fell from her ear lobe and began trickling down her exposed neck…

“…This is one awkward conversation!”

The white cloth was tightly wrapped around her torso, making her milky chest stand out more into the crystalline water…

“Jong Woon, are you feeling alright?” she suddenly stood from the bathtub, making me take few steps back. Following the law of ‘action and reaction’, I ended up falling on my back after I tripped down on a little chair. The window’s light was surrounding her body like a rainbow colored aura. The white cloth around he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter