Chapter 9 - The Dress

My Amnesia Girl

 

Chapter 9 - The Dress
 
(Yoona's Flashback)
Yoona was crying behind a tree. A boy came towards her.
"I was right. I will find you here," the boy smiled. He then realized that it was no time for a joke. He saw Yoona, curled up behind the tree.
The boy sat behind his friend. "What happened?" he asked. He noticed the mud scattered on her white dress. "Who did this?"
Yoona shook her head.
The boy sighed and said, "Come on. Mama can fix that."
A trace of hope was seen on the girl's face.
 
(End of Flashback)
 
Kyuhyun stood up and rustled Yoona's hair. "Stop thinking too much. You're looking like a grandma deer."
"What did you say??!" pissed off Yoona kicked his right leg.
"Ouch!" Kyuhyun held his aching leg. "Come on Yuri. Let's go to other shops." Yoona and Yuri left the shop. Kyuhyun was left inside the boutique. He picked up the white dress that Yuri chose from the rack. He gave it to the saleslady and said, "Wrap this up for me." Kyuhyun thought to give the dress to Yoona...secretly. He knows that she never accepts any gift from anybody. It's like stepping on her pride which was a bit silly to Kyuhyun. While waiting for the dress, he sat down and called his best buddy.
"Hey, Donghae. Come over to our boutique for a second."
"Why? Did something happen?" 
" I want to deliver a package."
Without waiting for DongHae's answer, he hang up.
 
( Kyu's Flashback)
A boy laid down the pavement with a face full of bruises and cuts.
"Come on little prince. Stand up! You want to get revenge for your little friend eh? Come on!" a bigger boy said.
 
The little boy tried to stand up but his body surrendered. With all those punches and kicks, his body was battered. The bigger boy approached him and was about to kick him again. This final blow may shatter his little body to pieces. Time was ticking. The boy can do nothing but to wait for the pain to sink in.
1...2...3........
He opened his eyes because he didn't feel any pain except for the ones he already feel right now. He saw his savior.
"Yoo...Yoona??!.. Whaa.. are..you...doin...here..." 
"Babo!!! I told you I was alright! Look at you now.." Yoona said angrily to her friend. Her tears began to fall down her puffy cheeks.
"Hey... I am suppossed to cry.." the boy said.
" It was just a dress. You don't have to do this.." Yoona said, crying.
"But it was not just a dress for you. It was a gift from your papa, right."
Yoona just managed to nod. She helped her poor friend stand up.
"Thank you, Kyu."
 
(End of Flashback)
 
Donghae and Kyuhyun were inside Kyuhyun's car. "Kyu, Are you hiding something from me?Come on! We're bestfriends. " Kyu was silent.
After a few minutes, Kyuhyun spoke. "Remember the reason I told you why we moved to the US?"
"Yes. You told me your father was going to start a business."
"That was just one part of the real reason."
"What?"
"The main reason is that I hurt my bestfriend when we were young. We were happily playing up the hill when things went bad..."
 
( Kyu's story went like this...)
(Author's note: This story was from chapter 1)
 
The boy was crying and shouting from fright. The moment she got a hold on her friend's body, the thread snapped that let the kite fly away. 
 
"Stop yelling!"
"AAAAAHHHHH!!"
"Stop it!"
"AAAAAhhh!!!"
 
Yoona's fed up with her friend's babyish actions. She knew how to make him stop crying.
She stretched her arms wide and wrapped them around his fragile body.
"Shhh.... It will be alright now."
He gave a sniff and said," Thanks Yoona."
She then unwrapped her arms around him.
 
"By the way, Why aren't you calling me by my nickname? Everybody calls me that."
"I just like to call you by your true name. I feel happy."
The boy blushed.
 
Yoona slapped him on the shoulder. "What are you saying? You make me feel weird inside."
She started to walk away. After a few steps, she looked back and said, " I like it when you call me by my true name."
He noticed her blush and that made him also blush. "Hurry up, crybaby! It's almost sunset."
"Don't call me that! You doe-eyed... Ouch!" She punched him on the shoulder.
"What did you call me again?" 
"Doe.... Ouch!!!" She punched him on the shoulder again.
The boy ran after his friend. Yoona ran down the hill.
"Come and catch me!" Yoona dared.
Then everything went in slow motion.
 
Little Yoona went out of balance because of her fast speed. She didn't notice a rock up ahead.
"Yooooonnnnaaaaa!!!"
 
She looked back at her friend who was now lying on the grass. She stepped on the rock and tripped. She rolled down the hill and poor little Kyu can only watch at his friend who was lying unconscious under a tree.
 
(End of Kyu's story)
 
"It's not your fault. It was all an acident."
"everybody says that but I still blame myself."
"So... Why doesn't she remember you?"
"She hit her head on the tree so she got a temporary amnesia. But when all her other memories returned, her memory of me did not."
"Was that even possible?" curious Donghae asked.
"According to the Doctor, Yes. She can't remember the last person she saw."
"And that was... You?"
Kyu didn't answer. He just stared outside the window. Donghae looked at where he was loking at.
"It's her, isn't she?"
Yoona and Yuri was entering a shop. "Why don't you just tell her?"
"I can't. I'm..."
"Scared?" Donghae finished Kyu's sentence.
Kyu was silent again.
After a while, they arrived at Yoona's place. Donghae asked his driver to put the box at the front door. After they delivered the box, they drove across the street.
"Aren't we going to leave?" Donghae asked.
Kyu stayed silent. After e few minutes, Mrs. Sora opened the door with a garbage bag on her hands. She saw the box and picked it up.
"Yoona? Who would send this? Oh well, I'll just leave it in her room," Mrs. Sora left the garbage bag outside and entered the house.
Kyu's expressionless face gave a little grin and said, "Let's go."
 
 
 
"I'm home!"
"Yoong? You have a package. I left it inside you room," her Mom said from the kitchen. She went to the kitchen and kissed her.
"I thought you were going to buy a dress?"
"I haven't found anything fancy. I called Sooyoung to let me borrow a dress."
"Oh. Right. Sooyoung's family came back. I bet the Cho's also came back."
"The Cho's? You know them Ma?"
"Yes. They're our family's close friends. And their son was your..." Mrs. Sora remembered that her daughter had an amnesia and she can't still remember the Cho's son. "Ma?"
"Go get your package... Run along now." Yoona noticed something odd about her mother's actions. She just shrugged the thought and went to her room.
She saw the package that her Mother told her. Her eyes widened when she saw the white dress from the boutique earlier. She wondered who sent it....
"I wonder..."