Chapter 12 - The Tree

My Amnesia Girl

 

Chapter 12 - The Tree
 
Yoona went to the restroom. She made sure that she entered the right restroom this time. She looked at her reflection in the mirror. From the restroom, you can still hear the loud music from teh ball. "What's all this flashbacks? I'm going crazy! Snap out of it! It can't be. But why didn't my parents tell me about this? What really happened 10 years ago?" While talking to herself, the music stopped. Then a man spoke. Yoona knew who it was. She quickly went into the gymnasium. 
"This song is dedicated to all those who's loosing hope. Loosing hope of returning the things that were done and making things right."
Donghae,by the food counter with Sungmin, smiled because he knew who he was talking about. SUngmin looked at Kyuhyun playing the piano  stage. Sooyoung, Chorong, Bomi, and Yuri stopped dancing. Seohyun stood up to take a closer look. All the students were looking at Kyu on stage.
 
He began to sing,"I Believe, geden gyotte opjiman,..."
Yoona can't resist to smile. She went by their table. "Yoong? Are you alright?"Seohyun asked. Yoona nodded. Kyu caught Yoona's eyes. He began singing soulfully. He's hoping she's not angry anymore. He wants her.He wants her so bad. Everybodyclapped in amazement when Kyu was done. The music returned and everyone danced. Sooyoung, Yuri, Chorong, and Bomi approached their table. They were looking so tired. "Hey! What did we miss?" Yuri asked while wiping her forehead. Donghae and Sungmin also approached their table. Donghae wiped his girlfriends forehesd. "Yobo,your make up is running."
"Oh? Wait. I'll have to do a retouch. Come with me Seohyun."
"I wanna come to." Sooyoung nodded to her boyfriend and the three of them went to the restroom. "Phew! I'm so thirsty!" Yuri said, wiping her face. "Let's go get some drinks,"Sungmin grabbed Yuri's arm and went to the food counter. "We want drinks,too!Come on Chorong," Bomi and Chorong followed their Oppa and Unnnie. Yoona was left on their table. "Did they even notice me?"Yoona pouted. "I noticed you," a guy answered from behind her. She looked around. "Oh,Kyu."
"Whatever I did,I just want to say sorry."
"It's okay,"Yoona looked down. "Why did you lie to me?" she asked innocently.
Kyu's right eyebrow raised. "You said you met Sooyoung in the U.S. But you were actually childhood friends?!"
"I don't know...I'm sorry..."
"Mollayo?Mianhe? That's all you're going to say! Oh! I'm sorry. I'm sorry for trusting you!" Yoona was furious. Kyu didn't know what to say. He just lied to his love. Yes. But it was only for her good. He doesn't want to remember him....But that was at first....Now, he wanted to spoil everything about what really happened. Who he was. Who she was.Who they was.
"You were right. I lied. I also lied by sending you that dress. Just like 10 years ago," Kyu said.
"Bwo??? You...You gave this? What's about 10 years ago? Arghh! I'm going home!" Yoona turned around. Before taking one step, she looked back and said,"And don't follow me!"
She walked furiously, stomping her feet. She passed by the food counter."Yoong!Hey!" Yuri, with her mouthful of sald, tried to call her. But she ignored. Yuri looked at their table and saw Kyu standing,looking so sad.
"Yoong! Wait for me!" Yuri ran after her friend but when she reached the gate, Yoona disappeared."Yoong!Yoong!" 
Sungmin also came after Yuri."What happened?"
"I don't know. She just walked away."
"Come on let's find her. She might do something stupid." Yuri said.
"Yoong!Yoong!
 
Yoona hid behind a tree at the back of the gymnasium. She heard her friends call her. "No. You guys can't see me like this. No," Yoona started to cry. She crouched down and hid her face under her arms. "Why am i crying? It's just a little lie.Yeah. Just a little lie from a trusted friend. He's not that important too. He's nothing...HE's just a boy from the past that I can't remember...Yeah...Idon't remember him...(sniff...snif...sniff..)
 
She wiped her tears away."He might not be that important because i can't remember him..."
 
She looked at her watch."It's getting late." The music from the gymnasium stopped. The ball was over. She sniffed and cleaned herself. Suddenly, she heard a rustling sound. Then, a silhouotte of a man appeared in front of her. "There you are."
It was Kyu,looking so tired with sweats on his face. His hair was so messy. He walked straight at her,his eyes full of anger. Yoona thought hemight strangle her. He put his hands on Yoona's shoulders. "Hey! Let go of me!"
Then, all of a sudden,he pulled her close to his chest and hugged her. Yoona was shocked. Everything happened so quickly. "Please don't make me worry like that again,"Kyu whispered in her ear. Yoona could only do was nod. She wanted to tell him that she has flashbacks of him. He was a childhood friend of hers that she forgot...Not until now....
Kyu wanted to tell her that he was a childhood friend of her that she forgot. A childhood special friend. He forgave himself for what happened 10 years ago. It was all an accident and he was ready to tell her all about it...But then...
 
Yoona pushed him and ran away. "I have to know why I forgot him," she thought to herself.