Chapter 8 - The Boutique

My Amnesia Girl

 

Chapter 8 - The Boutique
 
After a stressed week, Yoona sat by her study table. She was writing on her pink-covered diary. She wrote:
 
Dear diary,
Exams are over! Yes! Now, I can write everything about what happened last week. First, I met Sooyoung. She is my childhood bestfriend. When thay moved to yhe U.S, I never heard from her ever since. She also introduced me to Seohyun and Chorong. They are sisters and Sooyoung met them in the US. I also met Donghae. Well, he's so friendly and happy. Unfortunately, he's Sooyoung's boyfriend.
 
( Yoona sighed.)
 
I also met this weird guy named Kyuhyun.
 
Yoona thought of how to describe him. "He's not evil as he look like. He's not that kind, too. Hmmm..." she was in the middle of her deep thinking when her phone rang.
 
"Yuri? What's up?'
"Have you bought a dress yet?"
"Oh! right! Tonight is the school's annual ball. I haven't chosen any dress yet. You?"
"I am about to go to the boutique now. Do you want to come with me?"
" I don't know. I haven't thought about attending the ball."
"What? Everyone's going to be there! Sir Choi's hosting, didn't you know?"
"Really? Okay! Wait for me!" Yoona hang up in excitement.
 
She jumped of in fright when she saw Bomi inside her closet.
"Yah! What are you doing here! I banned you from entering my room ever since you read my diary las week!"
 
"I am banned with nothing," Bomi answered while looking through Yoona's dresses.
"Ha! I found it!" Bomi said, holding a purple-covered notebook. She stuck her tongue out and ran outside the room.
Yoona pouted while her arms were crossed on her chest.
"I should have kept her diary under my bed."
 
After getting dressed, she went down to their living room to say goodbye to her parents. Her parents were sitting on the couch, watching tv.
"Umma, Appa, Yuri and I will buy dresses for tonight's ball."
"Okay, take care baby," her mother kissed her on the cheek.
"Don't go dating, am I clear?"
"Nae, Appa." Yoona obeyed then rolled her eyeballs.
 
The doorbell rang.
"That must be Yuri," she kissed her father on the cheek then opened the door.
Yuri greeted Yoona's parents.
 
"Good day, Mr. Teuk. Hello, Mrs. Sora."
"Let's go." Before Yoona could close he door, her "big" brother came out of the kitche with a bowl of salad in his arms.
"Yah! Aren't you gonna say goodbye to your oppa?" he said with a mouth full of salad.
"Bye Shindong-Oppa," Yoona forced a smile.
"So that's why you're so thin. Your brother eats all your foods."
 
After an hour inside the boutique, Yoona haven't  chosen what to wear yet.
"Yoong, look! Does this look okay?" Yuri said while posing with her chosen dress. It was a peach-colored dress that goes just above her knees.
Yoona just nodded. "I don't know what to wear. Pssshhh."
" Don't worry. I will help you choose your dress, okay? I'll change first. Wait here."
 
Yoona pouted. Pouting starts to be her hobby now.
 
"What's with that face?"
She looked around and saw Kyuhyun's serious face...with a little smlie on his face.
"Oh? Why do you care?"
"Why do you always pick a fight with me? I was just asking."
"It's just ...nevermind. By the way, why are you here?"
 
"Oh. I just drop by to see if the business runs smoothly."
"This boutique is yours?"
The sales lady approached Kyuhyun and bowed. "Good day, young master. What can I do for you?"
"Get all the latest dresses we have."
Yoona was surprised when after a few minutes, there were many dresses in front of her.
"Feel free to choose," Kyuhyun sat and crossed his arms and legs.
"These llok so expensive. I can't afford any of them."
"Hmm. Let's just say, it's a little gift from your truly."Kyu arrogantly said.
"Why are you so kind to me?You're acting so weird."
 
Yuri came out from tthe dressing room. "Wow! So many pretty dresses!" She noticed Kyu.
"Kyuhyun this is Yuri." Before Kyu could say Hi to Yuri, Yuri quickly picked ou a white dress form the rack.
"Yoong! This suits you well. Try it on" Yoona was having flashbacks about the dress. She remembered a hill, a kite, herself as a child weairng a white dress, amd a boy.
"Yoong? Are you alright?"
"This dress." Kyuhyun sat up properly and glared at the confused Yoona.