Chapter 13 - The Pain

My Amnesia Girl

 

Chapter 13 - The Pain
 
Yoona wa looking for her name on the bulletin board. It displayed the final examination rankings. "I'm...1st?" Her face was full of happiness. "Yuri!Look!" "Wow!Yoong congrats!Wait. I'll look for mine,too.....I'm...15th?Waaah!"
The two bestfriends hugged each other while jumping up and down. Sungmin arrived and looked for his name,too. "Congrats,Yoong!"Sungmin congratulated her. "Thanks!"
"Hey! How about me?"Yuri complained."Psshhh!Why should I congratulate you?Ms. 15th place!"
"Bwo!?I went up 10 places!"
"And I'm still 10 places above you! I told you you can't beat me.Bwahahaha!" Sungmin teased his friend.
"Hmp!Next year! I will beat you!Remember that!"
 
"Donghae!I'm 3rd!Yes!"
"And I'm 2nd,bleh!""
Yuri heard those familiar voices."Sooyoung!Donghae!" She shouted out their names. "How are you guys?Everyone's been so busy for the finals we didn't had time to hang put." Sooyoung said. "Yeah. School's over right? We can have fun now!" Yuri happily said.
Yoona ignored the two new comers. She was looking for someone else. Sungmin noticed Kyu at the back.
"Kyu!Hey man!
Yoona looked back and saw him. She was glad to see him,but then,she looked away. "What rank are you?"Sungmin asked.
"Molla," Kyu replied.
"Yah!Kyu! You're 1st!"Sooyoung said. Yoona was surpised. She didn't even notice she was tied with someone at 1st place.
"You're tied with Yoong. Hey hey! Meant to be?" Yuri teased Yoona.
Yoona can't resist to blush. "I noticed you and Kyu weren't talking to each other ever since the ball," Donghae exclaimed. "Oh. It's nothing,"
"Yeah. You were avoiding me since," Kyu suddenly appeared in front of her. Yoona doesn't know waht to say. Yes. She was avoiding him.
Kyu was leaning closer and closer to Yoona, their face so close. Kyu's eyes was so tempting. With that look, anyone can be hypnotized. Then, her wristwatch alarmed. She looked at it. "Oh! I'm sorry guys. I have to go. Bye!"
"Where are you going?" Yuri asked. "I have a doctor's appointment. Bye! See you later!" Yoona ran away. She thought, that was close. She didn't want tosay anything first,until she was sure.
 
 
 
Yoona was waiting patiently outside the doctor's clinic. "Ms. Yoona?? Doctor Taeyeon will see you now."
"Thanks....Hmmmm," Yoona red the nurse's ID. "Hmmm,Sunny?"
The nurse smiled and led Yoona to the office. She sat on the chair by the doctor's table. Dr. Taeyeon was writing something. "Yes? How may I help you?Oh?Yoona?It's been 10 years!"
"Ahm. Mama told me I'll find you here. You were my doctor when I had an accident, right?"
"Yes. I was so young back then. What do you want to know?"
I just want to ask,if...Is it possible to loose a certain memory?"
"Yes. Why?"
"Mama told me that I had an accident when I was 7 years old. And, I have these dreams and flashbacks about someone that I can't remember."
"Actually,when you had an accident, a certain part of your brain called the "memory bank" was a bit damaged. It sores all your memories. Because of rare instances, like yours, a part of your memory ea erased. WHoever was the last person you saw, you will forget about him."
"But does that memory ever come back?"
"After 10 years or so. Iwas just a temporary memory loss. You will remember that person eventually. But some of them just don't come back."
Yoona was silent for a moment.  She thought to ask just one more question," Dr. Taeyeon, did my mother told you who did I forget?"
"Actually,no. But I noticed this little boy,same age as yours that time. He said hello to you, but you answered, "Who are you?" That was the last time I saw him."
"Can you remember his face?"
"No. That was a long time ago and he might have grown now. But his eyes. It's funny, but his eyes make him look like an evil boy."
It striked Yoona. Could it be that Dr. Taeyeon saw was...
 
 
Yoona left the doctor's clinic and let her feet carry her anywhere. "It all fits. My memory was triggered because of my dreams with this boy. Mama said I had an accident but she never told me that I forgot the last person I saw and it was that boy. Sooyoungie didn't tell me... That boy was...Ouch!" Yoona's head began to hurt. All her memories were returning. There were so many memories coming back all at once: A boy giving her a rose. At the hill with a boy flying a kite. A boy holding her hand while walking. Sooyoung introducing a boy to her. His sad eyes. His sweet smile. She can't take the pain. She gave on and went down on her knees. At that instant when she needed someone,no one comes. She needed him. She liked him...No....Ever since she was a child, she loved him.
"Kyu...You're always there whwn I needed someone. Even though I can't remember you back then, you're still there. But now,Kyu...I need you!" No one came. The sound of the rustling leaves of the trees were the only sound. Yoona's tears fell.
Without her knowing,Kyu was hiding behind a tree, watching her. "The more I stay close to you, the more you get hurt. This time, I wanted to be with you, to be always beside you. But I only caused you pain. I'm sorry I have to do this, Yoona... I think this is goodbye." Tears fell down his cheeks.