Chapter 4: The Singer

My Amnesia Girl

 

Chapter 4 - The Singer
The next day, at lunch, Yoona told her friends all about what happened yesterday. She also told them that Dong Hae has a very beautiful voice.
"An inch close? As in this close?" Yuri made a gesture to describe an inch.
"Unnie has a boyfriend!" Bomi Unnie.
"Shut up!"
"But, how about Sir Choi?"
Yoona gave a furious look at her sister.
"Sir Choi? What's about him?" the curois Sungmin asked.
"Yoona has a crush on him since 5th grade," Yuri said, eating her lunch.
Frustrated Yoona covered her face with her hands.
"Really! How come that I didn't know? Look! Here's your prince charming," teased Sungmin.
Yoona looked at where Sungmin pointed and she saw him. She blushed and looked down.
"You do like him, huh??" Sungmin poked her.
"Shut it, Oppa. Hmmmm... I didn't teel him yet, you know."
"I won't do that if I were you," Bomi said while chewing her sandwich.
Yoona's eyes fell from Sir Choi by the counter, to a guy sitting at the center table. She was looking at DongHae. She blushed a little and her heartbet went nuts. While she was admiring the beautiful sight, she didn't notice that the "evil" guy was looking at her the whole time. She and he made eye contacts and she snapped out of her daydream. The guy just smiled and continued his lunch.
"Kyuhyun! Bro! We have practice later after lunch. See you at the band room!" A guy who looked like he's in a band said to the "evil" guy.
"Kyuhyun? Kyu...Kyu..."
"Unnie, who's Kyu?" Bomi suddenly asked.
"Huh? No one..."
 
 
After lunch, Yoona took a walk and left her frinds in the classroom. She wanted to be alone even just for a while. "the name "Kyuhyun" seems familiar to her but she can't point out the memory of him. She was walking along the corridors when she passed the band room. She heard that song again. She remembered the title of the song, "I believe" from the Sassy Girl movie. She has the urge to take a peek and see if DongHae's singing again. The door was open a little. She put her head between the door and the wall and saw a guy on the piano. She took all her courage to call out DongHae's name.
"Donghae?"
The guy stopped playing and looked at the door.
Yoona was surprised to see not DongHae, but someone else. His eyes seem to read Yoona's soul.
"Can I help you?"
"I'm sorry. I thought you were someone else.."
"Yoona right? I just wished you'd knock before you enter. That's a bit rude."
"I'm sorry. I should go now,: Yoona walked away, when...
"Nice to meet you, Yoona," Kyuhyun called her and went inside the room. Yoona felt her heart beat faster. The way he called her name... Yoona....
(Flashback)
"Thanks Yoona."
(End of Flashback)
* from chapter 1 - the dream
 
She went back to the band room. Her feet were having a mind of its own. When she opened the door, the first thing she saw was the face of Kyuhyun. He raised an eyebrowat her, signaling why did she came back.
"I....I just want to ask...That song, is it 'I believe?' "
He nodded and put his hand by the door so taht their faces are so close that their noses almost touched. Yoona was helpless. She stepped backward and she felt her heart beat again. She never felt this way to someone before, especially to someone she hardly knew. Because of weird feelings, Yoona ran as fast as she can and went to the girls' restroom. Kyuhyun just stood by the door and thought," Nice to meet you again.... Yoona... I hope you remember me sooner or later."