Realization

Masquerade

 

A few days after party were very weird for Jinki. He didn't know whether it was only his feeling or not, in every place he went, he would see Taemin. When he went to his club and practiced singing in the auditorium, he could see Taemin was sitting on the spectator's seat. He could feel his eyes boring into him and he was terrified by it. When he was in class, through the window, he could see Taemin stood outside looking at his place. He talked about this to Jonghyun and Yoseob and told them that he would talk to Taemin, but they didn't allow him to go any nearer to Taemin. That's why one of them will always wait for him after his class and accompany him to his next class.
 
One time, he saw Taemin and Minho talking in the back of the school, but he couldn't say that as talking when both of them looked like they were trying to jump and beat up each other. Not only that, Key also acts strange to him. He looks distant and hollow. When Jinki tries to talk to him, Key looks like he is torn and hesitant. He looks like want to say something comforting, yet he looks at Jinki bitterly.
 
Nothin seems right for Jinki, unless his relationship with Jonghyun that is getting more and more blissful with the time goes. He's never felt this cherished before. The next morning after the party, Jonghyun stood in front of his house, backpack on his back and smile plastered on his face. Mir and Yoseob teased the hell out of Jinki and Joon purposely didin't unlock the fence, just because he tried to annoy Jinki's lover (yes, from that day, Joon calls Jjong like that). Jonghyun ended up throwing tantrum to Joon because he didn't let him see his morning sunshine (and yes, Jonghyun really said that, more like screaming that out loud, even Jinki could hear it from inside the house, an those words immediately made his face red. With that teasing round two began). Everything would be perfect if only there wasn't this uncomfortable situation with Taemin and Key.
 
In the canteen...
 
Jonghyun looks at his bestfriend slash cousin who is sitting in front of him, his hand playing with his food, while his eyes are looking far away. His mind seems not be with him lately. That night, after the party, when he arrived at his room, he was surprised with Key's presence. He was sitting at the corner of Jonghyun's room, hugging his knees, and looking at one spot with blank stare. He seemed broken. Jonghyun immediately ran across the room and brought Key in his embrace.
 
"Key, what's wrong?"
 
 At first, Key didn't say anything. After five minutes whispering shooting words on Key's ear, Jonghyun could feel the body inside his embrace was shaking greatly.
 
"Hyung... I fall for the wrong person."
 
With those words came out of Key's mouth, he cried so hard. He was wailing, calling himself stupid, which was one thing he had never done before, to be called stupid.
 
And right now, Key is still in his state of mind. This sight hurts Jonghyun. He misses the cheery Kibum. He wants to share his happiness with his beloved cousin. Yet, seeing Key's condition right now, Jonghyun can't help but feeling sorry for him.
 
At the corner of his eyes, Jonghyun can see Yoseob and Jinki walks inside the canteen while talking animatedly. Seeing his boyfriend, Jonghyun smiles and stands up, waving at them.
 
"Jinki hyung!!! Over here!!!"
 
Hearing Jonghyun calling a name that he tries to avoid, Key immediately straightens his posture and his expression. It's never been his intention to act awkward towards Jinki. In one side, he wants to elope him in his hug and protect him from Taemin. But on the other side, his devilish side, a whisper keeps playing on repeat that this man, this beautiful man is the one that Taemin loves, not him. That Taemin will never look at him. That he is nothing but a passing wind or even stepping stone to Taemin, because Taemin only sees Jinki. And oh how key hates himself for having that kind of thought over his new friend who has taken a dear place on his life. He doesn't know he can be this pathetic.
 
The table's air immediately goes awkward with the arrival of the two. As if sensing it, Yoseob tries to loosening it.
 
"Yah you Dino. I'm here too!!! Why did you only call Jinki, huh?"
 
"Oh you were there too hyung? Sorry, couldn't see you. My eyes are dedicated to this sunshine and this person only."
 
Jonghyun answers sarcasticly as he is teasing Yoseob. Jinki's face immediately turns red after hearing Jonghyun's words. Damn his cheesiness. But as his eyes meet Key's sneaking look, he smiles. But his smiles immediately turns into pout as Key looks away. But at that time, Key's eyes catch Taemin's figure, who is standing on the entrance, looking at their direction, or more to Jinki's direction, and his heart clenches so hard. The tears start to pool on his eyes. He wants to stand up, but his movement is stopped by a hand on his shoulder, forcing him to sit back.
 
"Sit here, Key. Hold on. We are here with you."
 
Key looks up to the voice, and finds Minho moves to the seat next to him. The other three look at Key as if begging to not go and Key sighs in defeat. Minho moves closer to Key and whispers something. It's weird how someone who is supposed to be a stranger to him can calm his nerves down.
 
"Everything is gonna be okay, Key. We won't let you hurt. Jinki too. Either you realize it or not, he is aware of your feeling to Taemin. And he vows to himself to not let you harm because of that feeling."
 
Key looks down on his salad and starts to eating. But actually, he cries silently. The table is getting more crouded with the arrival of Joon, Mir, Junhyung and Dongwoon. Even though the air is thickening after Min and Joon look at Minho who calmly eats his lunch, with Jink's words the two just sit down and eat like nothing's happening. He steals another look at Jinki and his friends. At that point, he realizes how powerful Jinki is for bringing them together like that.
 
---------------------------------------------
 
In Jinki's class...
 
It is english class now. A class that Jinki has mastered and it doesn't take Jinki a sweat to learn. He looks at Mrs. Hwang who explains animatedly to the unwilling students who sits here only to drooling over Mrs. Hwang's beauty and body. Jinki rolls his eyes seeing the boys trying to persuade Mrs. Hwang, or more known as Tiffany, to go out on a date with him in horrible english. Jinki can't help but snort at that boy's failed try. Jinki's amusement is cut short by a vibrated phone in his pocket.
 
From: Uri Jjongie
 
Hyuuuung... Tokkiiiiii... I'm with the nurse now. Don't you want to accompany your sick boyfriend? *pout
 
Reading that message makes Jinki scrunches his forehead. Jonghyun? Sick? He looked find before. At the back of his head, a name is called. He whispers the name.
 
"Taemin... Don't tell me..."
 
Jinki immediately leaves his seat and gets out of the room. Faintly he can hear  Mrs. Tiffany calls his name but he could careless. The only thing on his mind is Jonghyun. When Jinki arrives at the nurse room, He immediately run inside and search for Jonghyun. But when Jinki sees him, his legs give up. The energy was dragged out of Jinki's body. There he is on the bed, with his cellphone on his hands, and Jinki can faintly hear the sound of Anipang game from it. Jonghyun looks up at Jinki and waves to him to come closer. With stomping out his feet, walk to his place and whack the back of Jonghyun's head.
 
"Ouch!!! Appoo!!! Hyuuuuung... Why did you do that?!"
 
"You pabo puppysaur!!! Don't you ever do that again, okay!!! I thought... I think something happen to you..."
 
Jinki hits Jonghyun's chest repeatedly as he is screaming at him. Seeing how panic his boyfriend is, Jonghyn scolds himself for doing this. At first, he only wants to enjoy sometimes with Jinki there and he thought it would be a great idea. They could cuddle together. Nurse noona is out eating with her boyfriend. everything was perfect. But he never expect Jinki to come here in panic.
 
"Gosh, I'm sorry, Tokki... I don't mean to scare you like that. Come on, come here..."
 
Jonghyun pulls Jinki toward the bed and hugs him, making Jinki to lay on top of Jonghyun as Jonghyun pats his back.
 
"I'm sorry, yeobo. I promise I won't do that again."
 
Jonghyun whispers some sweet nothings on Jinki's ear, trying to calm his boyfriend down. He even serenades to him. Secretly he grins in victory. It seems that his purpose has been fulfilled.
 
"Yah Jjong!!! Let me go!!! What if somebody watch us?! You pabo dino!!!"
 
Hearing Jinki's whine makes Jonghyun grins wider and tightens his hug, trapping Jinki inside his embrace.
 
-----------------------------------------------
 
Outside the nurse room.
 
Taemin can hear the sound of laughter. Jonghyun's laughter and Jinki's whine. He opens the door slightly and looks through the small gal there. His blood is boiling. The intimacy of Jinki and Jonghyun is killing him. Taemin knows that the blackmail doesn't worth anymore.
 
"It's about the time, then. Just wait Jinki... You'll be mine in no time."
 
Taemin walks away, phone in his hand as he calls someone that will help his plan. Without he realizes, Key is hiding behind the wall next to him, and listening to anything that Taemin said.
 
------------------------------------
 
A/N:
 
Wohooooo... It's getting serious there... Personally, I'm happy with the way this chapter. And it's quite rare for me to be happy with my own chapter. Teheheheheee~
 
Hope you like this chapter too...
 
@SnHiromi: Taeminnie underestimated the almighty Key!! Here's the next chapter.. Hope you like it..
 
@renchop: I update agaaaaain.. Yay meeee.. Taemin's losing it right now. Wait for something big on the next chapter.. *hint
 
@pradiv1819: Jongyu is waaaay too adorable. Well, seems like Taem will take an action now.. Hmm...
 
That's all? Three comments? Well, I shouldn't hope for more. Knowing that someone even only three or five people reading my story is a bless... Anyway, thanks for reading... All of you, hope you like it. If you don't want to comment, thenit's okay.. You can deliver your comment through telepathy. Mufufufufuuu~
 
Okay, I'm done babbling. Byeee~
 
Onew FTW!!! XD