The thing is getting better (?)

Masquerade

Jonghyun's POV:

Thanks God it is finally monday. I couldn't sleep these past two days after visiting Jinki's house. After Jinki said that words and left, I was so dumbfounded. I didn't know what I had done to get such a respond. Some of Jinki's words make me so curious. Mir refused to tell me more about it. And I decided to do the only thing that came to my mind. Eavesdropping. I managed to sneak up to Jinki's room and heard his conversation with Yoseob. I know it was wrong, but I couldn't help myself. I heard everything and matched up the informations into a whole understandable explanation. But I didn't get to hear the rest of the story as Junhyung grasped my collar and dragged me out, passing Joon who tapped his foot in annoyance, and Mir who avoided my eyes, of the house. That night I thought so hard. Why did I feel so curious about this man? I mean he is practically a stranger to me. I admit that he is cute as hell, with that nose and bunny front teeth and those beautiful eyes smile and that warm smile and...

The bell is ringing, waking me up from my daydreaming. Key is talking animatedly to Dongwoon, who looks so disinterested and keeps stealing glance to Mir, who stucks on his phone the whole time.

"Yaaaah!!!!! Don't ignore me when I talk to you!!! Jjong!!! Look what you do to Dongwoon!!! He starts to ignore me now!!! It must be because of you!!!"

"What now? I don't even say anything, Key."

I look irritated to Key. He crosses his arms on his chest. "I heard from Onew hyung that you, Junhyung, and Dongwoon was messing up with Mir."

Mir looks up at the mention of his name. His face shows a curiosity on Key's words. And, Onew? Who is Onew?

"And you didn't even tell me anything!!! I mean, what kind of friends are you? I needed to threaten Onew hyung to tell me everything when I called him last night."

"Onew hyung? Who is it?"

"Ahh.. I mean Jinki hyung. Well that's not important.. What I want to talk is..."

"You have Jinki's phone number?! How come??"

"Well, he was my lab partner. That's why I have his..."

"Give it to me!!! Palliiiiiiiii..."

The next thing I know, Key has hit my head with his freaking Vogue!!! It's like as thick as a brick!! Ow my pitiful head! I manage to yell but don't have time to pay back as he turns back and the teacher's coming in. Talks about a freaking right time. I can't concentrate at the whole class as I try to gain Jinki's number from Mir. If Key doesn't want to give his number it's okay. I mean, who need him when I can ask it from Mir. Huh...

----------------------------

Normal POV:

After three hours of trying to gain Jinki's number from Mir and fails, Jonghyun stomps his feet on the way to the rooftop. He doesn't know why Mir is so protective over Jinki. And what's with Key and Onew? Jonghyun doesn't know that both of them are close enough to the extent of giving Jinki a nickname. But he can't help but thinking that Onew suits Jinki.. When he arrives there, he sees someone already preoccupy the rooftop.

"Jinki?"

The boy is lying on top of his blazer. His hand covers his eyes. It seems that he is sleeping. Jonghyun walks closer to the sleeping boy.

"Jinki? Are you sleeping?"

It's hot outside. Jonghyun decided to use his body to avert the sunlight from the sleeping boy. He looks at Jinki. He questions himself, why does he so desperately want to know this man? He doesn't even know him too well, heck he knows nothing about him. But there's something in Jinki that makes Jonghyun want to protect him. Jonghyun still remembers the first time he saw Jinki. He bets he couldn't ever forget how beautifully sad was Jinki's expression. Since that time, Jonghyun can't seems to get Jinki out of his mind. Jonghyun's thought is interrupted by a whimper coming from Jinki.

"Euuuuuung... Minho.. Taemin.."

Minho? Taemin? Who are they?

"Why?"

Is that a tear coming down Jinki's face? Jonghyun's heart hurts seeing the tears on Jinki's face. He wipes the tears that keep falling down the sleeping boy's face.

----------------------------

"Ouch my back!!"

Jinki is awaken by a loud ring of bell.

"It's not a good idea to sleep on the rooftop. And since when the air becomes so cold? And whose blazer is it?"

Jinki picks up a blazer that covering his upper body. He looks at his own blazer that lying on the floor, then to the blazer on his hand.

"Was someone here when I sleep? Who?"

Jinki asks himself. He tries to find some identification on the pocket to find a piece of paper.

---------------------------------

I don't know what happen to you in the past Onew. But I would like to be the one who erase that bad memory. I know you can't easily like me. At least please open your heart for me. I'll try my best to heal any scar in it. We are having a big competition this month. I hope you will be there, Onew..

J

---------------------------------

"J? Joon? But he is skipping class today. And it's impossible if Joon did something like this."

Jinki ruffles his hair in frustration. He really wants to know who gave the blazer to him. He looks at the note once again and feels a warm feeling on his heart.

"Maybe I can try to open my heart to this person."

"Will you?"

Jinki snaps and looks around. His eyes get bigger as he see Jonghyun stands behind him, with a glass of steaming hot, I don't know, coffee (?) in his hand. He sits beside Jinki and hands the coffee to him.

"Here.. Drink this. It will help you to chase away the sleepiness."

-------------------------------

One month later.

Yoseob's POV: Something is different from Jinki. He seems more open and smiles more often. And what changes the most is his relationship with Jonghyun. No, they are not dating. Jinki looks more relax around Jonghyun than before Mir's accident. Even though they're still bickering to one and another. Jonghyun is clearly showing that he likes Jinki. I kinda understand if he is still not ready to date anyone. But if there is someone that can heal Jinki's broken heart, I believe it will be Jonghyun. Talking about Mir, he and Joon now are in a better term. They are not back together, but Joon is showing some effort to gain Mir's interest again. Maybe he is just panicking, seeing Dongwoon takes a liking on Mir. Serve him right. Joon short of becomes a good friend with Jonghyun. He even helps Jonghyun to get closer to Jinki. Ohh.. And Jinki is now more known as Onew. Key gave this nickname, and people start to call him Onew. I'm glad that everything is turning okay. We are no longer four alienate new students. Now we have friends to sit with when lunch comes. There are always Jonghyun, Key, Dongwoon, and Junhyung who will save seats for us. Talking about Junhyung....

"Junhyuuuuuuuung... Babyyyyyyy..."

I hand palm my own face as I hear that sickening voice. Hara. Junhyung's girlfriend. I don't know since when I start to have this feeling, growing back in my heart. Onew, who sits across me, looks at me with sorry. I can only give him a small smile. I really can't do anything about this. It's more to, I don't want to do anything about this. I come here to support Onew.

"Guys, me and Yoseob need to go to the Library now. We'll go first, okay?"

"Ehh?? I'll come with you!!!!"

"Yah!!! Puppy face!!! Sit down now!!! We still need to finish our project!!!"

Key scolds Jonghyun who wants to go with Onew. I chuckle at the sight before me. I look at Onew and give him a thanks smile. Onew knows my feeling for Juhyung. And I'm very grateful with his effort to take me away from him. As I stand up, I can feel a hand on my wrist.

"Want me to accompany you?"

I freeze and gulp hard. I let go his hand from my wrist.

"It's okay, Junhyung hyung. I'll go with Onew."

And then I immediately pull Onew away.

When we are in a good distant from them, I stop walking. I look down to my shoes, feeling ashamed as tears start to form on my face. Suddenly I can feel someone is hugging me.

"Seobbie. It's okay.. Everything is gonna be okay."

"Onew.. Jinki.. Why can't I be as strong as you?"

Onew rubs my back and shooting me down. After awhile, I start to calm down. The tears stop completely. Onew lets me go, which makes me pout. His hug is so calming. Inside my mind, I thank God for giving me a wonderful friend like him. We start to walk again. This time we walk in smile and small laughter. But it seem that the peace moment doesn't last long. Our steps are stopped by a voice. The voice that I hate so much. The voice that has hurt my beloved friend. His voice.

"Jinki? Jinki!!!!! Wait!!!!"

"Min... Minho?"

---------------------------------

A/N:

Hey again..

Here I give you two chapters.. Yay me... At first, I planed to make it into one chapter. But it became too ong and I didn't like it. That's why I divide it into two chapters. And I changed some of the spoiler too..

Tell me what do you think about the new chapters? Do I rush thing? And comments please? I kinda find myself lack in inspiration. Comments will help me write faster..

ONEW FTW!!!!!!!! XD