Where, oh why?

My One and Only Love [HIATUS]

-Kris' POV-

It was late at night by the time I made it back home. If I recalled correctly, I remembered being out since the morning when I found Tao laying on the couch, wounded. Wounded! I exclaimed in my mind. If he wasn't treated those wounds could hurt him in the long run. I fought to rush into the house but I did quicken my pace. Instead of throwing open the door and calling out Tao's name like I so would have loved to do, I played it like the cold character most people made ms out to be. The one that didn't smile or laugh. -face charisma.

I walked inside, hands stuck inside my jean pockets. I sniffed in the stale air of the home. The house was no longer warm like it was when we first bought it. The fire was dead, the lights killed and everything else as plain as dawn: a vast color but nothing to see behind the color. I went to the kitchen for a glass of water but just as I was going to reach down for a glass of milk in the fridge I saw a note on the fridge so I instead bumped my head on the door. I picked the note up off the fridge door and read it silently with only the sound of my heartbeat for rest in the fact that I was indeed still alive.

It read as follows: "Kris. I decided to take a break from our relationship. I hope it's not too abrupt for you. It's just I havent been one with you in years. I haven't been able to have those once warm, kind and friendly chats with you and now..we're just distant. I left for my hometown. I don't want you to come out and look for me. I'll be back in maybe less than a month. With friendship, Tao "Panda"

I slumped down against the fridge, balling up the piece of paper in which the note was written on and cried. For more than 3 years I hadn't once cried and that was because my father had passed away. "Tao...", I whispered into the night. "I-I j-ust love..you so much. I'm sorry for wanting the best for you and for wanting to love you. I guess the rich do get richer while the poor get torn"

Kris heaved a long sigh out before he slumped back onto the dark, alienated tile floor of his lonely home. Without Tao, Kris would never see the sun shine again. But could he tell his love that, right now, as of now? Kris said no to himself, if indeed he could even still feel his breath and fell sound asleep, the tears wet as the morning dew, on his face.