Time To Let Go Selection 2 (1/2)

My One and Only Love [HIATUS]

Enable Reader Mo

-Tao still at the rest stop-

"Sir, will there be no one that can take me?" I sounded like a wining child now instead of a man. 

"I need to make it back ASAP", I was nearly yelling at him. The few people in the front reception area were now eyeing me, undoubtfullly like I didn't belong here but in a crazy house. "Please I'm begging you with all my heart. There's nothing more meaning than to make it back now."

He was starting to melt into my words but I needed something that would make it to his heart. (Thinking he was one of those emotional ahjusshis that actually had those moments when they would just sit in front of the TV watching sad, sappy dramas crying non-stop; sobbing like the end of your mom's trail.)

"If I don't make it back today... My child won't make it. I not only have to make it back to my lovers home but my child. She's in the hospital and I'm carrying the medication that could help her see another day, the next day, tomorrow. Will you not even take slight pity on me sir?!?!" 

I heard mumbling emerging from the crowd waiting, sitting on the chairs in the same room as me. I think they were on my side when they stood and cheered me on. 

I kept thinking about that deadline I had given Kris. Since he was still there I knew if I didn't make it back by tonight, he would leave as soon as the sun rised. But see I didn't want to think about that. 

"Well, ummm, if you." The recptionist didn't know how to respond but I was sure I had reached out to him. "It's late so if you can get a driver to drive you out where you need to be, than that would be fine with the company. On ONE, sole condition."

I waved my hand forward, signaling for him to continue. "If you are mentally, physically or emotionally hurt you do not sue us. I am taking an extreme step to getting you where you want so if you sue, I loose my job and when/if I do, I'll find a way to get back at you. It's not a threat but a promise."

I heard even more commotion in the back. A man around 40 stood and started booing the receptionist. Soon almost everyone there was doing same; trying to make the receptionist back off. I guess my story, as untrue as it was, got to them as well. I smiled at them, turned and bowed my head (90 degree style). 
"Everyone thank you for your kind support. But please leave this man alone. He's at least trying to give my...precious daughter another chance to live. Thank you and please continue your support for her life, mentally." I hated lying to these people--no, I hated lying to anyone...

----------------------------------------------

I ran around the laregely built area, like goose on a wild hunt. My legs burned, my breaths were coming in short rasps and I felt like my heart would pop out any second but I couldn't give up. I couldn't give anyone the benefit of a doubt. I had to----NEVER give up. I would never be able to live with myself if I gave up. 

Three cycles around the whole res-stop area and I didn't find ONE single driver to take me. Why hadn't I just asked the receptionist for a dirver? I guess I wasn't thinking clearly at the moment. I skidded to a stop when I made it back to the front area. I stopped and caught my breath before walking up to the front desk. The man from before wasn't there. There was a platformed sheet of paper that read "Closed". I turned around frantically to see if anyone else was still here. 

I was officially loosing my mind. There was no one here anymore. The place was left dark, alone and desolate. I started yelling out ; just wanting to hear a response but there was nothing. No voices. I went back around the whole area again. Where were the people who were eating, the last time I came around, in the dining area? Where were the people that were in the restroom? The ones that would hand you tickets for the bus routes? The ticketers? Had I imagined everything. Where was I really? I couldn't have-no, nothing was a figment of my imagination. I HAD seen those citizens, the receptionist, the man who officiated the booing. No-I

I dropped to my knees, holding my face in my hands. Tears couldn't have been held back anymore. I was loosing my mind. Please Kris, this is what happens to people who love; to the person who continues to strive for happiness but everything and anyone else forbids and does anything for the love to not blossom. 

"Kris, I still lov you. Please, anyone. Anyone that can take me?" Who was I damning. Even if there was a soul still left here no one would take me. I realized they were all just booing because they could see through my facade of a father who wants to save his sickly daughter. They saw through it.

"KRISSSS" I yelled, a blood-curtling yell, before a small, fragile like voice answered to my question.

"I'll take you."

--------------------------------------

-Kris, still under the table-

My whole body feels numb. I can't seem to understand the difference between my body and mu imagination anymore. Is that a snake I see in the corner staring at me. What is it waiting for. It should just slither out as fast it can and attack me; all it wants to see is see me suffer.. slowly and painfully. 

Kris had remembered every last detail about his memories with Tao. Everything about his lover had overclouded his brains' thoughts and anything they brought was just pain. No matter the happiest memory all they brought was sadness. 

"Maybe I'm finally dying...maybe after all the Gods do understand all the suffering Tao has caused me. Maybe now I can be happy again."

It was still pouring, thundering and lightening outside. Kris thought to himself that the Gods must really be sad. They finally feel every sad emotion that he's ever felt. Maybe Tao was only an obstacle in his life. Kris smiled. 

"Yes, I never needed Tao. He was only a bother, acting like he was Prince of the House. Who ruled? Yes, yes, you did Kris."

He stood slumping himself against the wall. Just a few more steps and he would be outside. He would finally be free of this pain; these stupid emotions that were doing his body no good. It was just eating at his insides; knawing and clawing until he would be no more. 

"No more. Yes, no more Tao. You and me are no longer one. I hate you as much as the stars above send light to us; as much as humans belittle one another. Humanity isn't perfect. I've realized that now, thanks to your stupidity and selfish acts."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Thank you very much sir. Thank you for taking me. But really if there's anything you could do for you, I'd be glad to. Money, I can't exactly offer you much, only my bus fare. But if it's jewelry you want, Gucci, me to work for you a couple of days."

I had finally found someone to take me. I was glad I wasn't totally abandoned yet. His apperance was casual and he looked like a cool guy. Almost to kind not to want anything in return and yet he responded he didn't want anything..materialistic. 

"Well than what is it? Anything. I could-"

He spoke up again before I had the chance to complete my half-eaten sentence. 
"Your really gorgeous. Your very handsome. You can beat the crap out of anyone. It's like (silence) like your like every woman's ideal type. Please if you could." The stranger gulped his saliva down before speaking again. 

"If you could seduce my woman back into loving me the same as 16 years ago, I'd" He abruptly stopped the car in the middle of the streets crossway (like when theirs four streets going different ways and your in the intersection) getting down on his knees. He clasped his hands together as if he were praying to an almighty god. "I will, be your slave!" He bowed his head down low as a sign of gratitude. Tao turned and looked if there were no cars coming. Luckily enough, none. 

"Sir" Tao called out gently, lifting the strangers' face up smoothly, but was met with a shock. The man had abruptly kissed him on the lips, trying to stick his tongue in. Tao pulled away by stomping on his knee. 

"Sir! What the hell did you do that for!!?!?"
"I thought you were gay?" 

Tao blushed a deep crimson red. 

"Well yes, no I mean yeah." Tao looked out the windows once again to see if there were no cars coming. He shot a lucky score again because there were none. Guess the rain really was scary. That means they only had to get out of there as soon as possible. Tao smiled, looking out the window and up into the sky, past the leaves and branches that stood as a boundary between gravity (Earth) and limitless freedom (the sky). He was remembering all the things Kris had taught him up onto this day. And he would still love if Kris would teach him more. Tao was finally starting to forget the sadness of the memories that his cruel and dark past had brought upon his soul. He couldn't ever forget the first time he met Kris. Tao was only a lost child, seeking help; any type of guidance to sustain his existence on this Earth. The boy was lost, wanting to feel special again. The world had cursed him; until they opened their eyes to his pain. That's when they gave him Kris. Kris outstretched his hand that cruel dawn. Kris was willing to give him life, a home, but importance to be alive. Tao would never forget the miracle that was, no is and forever will be, Kris, his lover;his best friend; his angel. He shook his head to snap out of those thoughts at the moment. 

"I am sort of on the "same" side. But my heart already belongs to someone. So whether you would like to work as my slave or not, I will not allow it."Tao smiled now at the man who's eyes no longer saw pain and anguish but happiness. Just like when Tao was a kid....

"But, even if the pay is rather small, you can work for me, just to work for me. No slaves involved. That is, yes, on the occasion that I will help you and your wife out. I'm sure I can understand her better, if you tell me the whole story."

Again Tao's head wandered all throughout the streets, seeing if no cars were coming. Vehicles all clear. He was getting anxious to get back to Kris. But thier safety was in moving from this section of the intertwining streets first. 

"Sir, get up. Quickly."

He took my hand, a bittersweet smile on his face. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I really am sorry." He dropped his head back down low. He wouldn't let go of my hand. 

"Sir, sir please. I know no one's out at this time but we have to take precautionary measurements. I don't want an accident. Besides once I see my love again, we can talk all you want. I'll give you my plan and everything. 

I tried reaching for the steering wheel. He didn't let go. Was he mad or was he going paranoud? I swinged his face with my Gucci bag, in an attempt for him to let go of me. 

Just than I caught glimpse of a fast automobile. It was a car. No it was a truck. Even worse it was a trailer truck heading our way. It was coming faster than the speed limit. In terms it looked like it was really flying. It saw us. I knew it did. But it was on a mission. It was death railing towards the two of us. Panic ran through my mind. 

-------------------------

Stranger's P.O.V


"Should I really go through with this? Such a kind soul. He'll help me with my problems. But if I allow him to die here than I'll get a good pay. They said anything I wanted....anything...anything", the word echoed through the man's head. "No, I am no supreme God to take his life. Money can solve everything but a life can aid anyone. It's more important" 

I grabbed his hand, not wanting to let go of fear that I was making the wrong choice. I kept repeating I'm sorry, sorry, I'm really sorry. 

I don't know why I let go of his hand. He started making a dash for the steering wheel but I sat there, my head dropped low. 

Not until I heard Tao yelling and screaming, kicking me; just trying to escape that I knew death was only a matter of seconds away. 

---------------------------------------------

(Back to Tao's P.O.V)

I heard the man call out "Quickly, we must move." I had no time to react or say anything before he jumped back into his seat, pushing me away from his driving space. I gasped at the pain I felt when my back hit the corner bend, metal part of the slide-in door. That would surely be a bruise, I thought, but it doesn't matter when I think we'll have a chance to make it. 

Even so I couldn't help thinking back on the last bit of memories I could recall. The good ones; the ones that are actually worh treasuring in my heart. 

I remembered the day Kris came home with a giant, white teddy bear. You pressed it's paw and it called out in a melodious tone, "I Love You". I had went to the store at night that day to return the favor. I bought Kris his favorite kind of chocolates and a box of ice cream. It wouldn't last him as a present but it was always the thought that counted the most. When I returened I saw Kris was their waiting on the couch, two mugs of hot chocolate in his hands. That night we both had spent the rest of dawn drinking our hot chocolate, a blanket wrapped around us and snuggling up to one another. When I pulled out his presents, the warm smile I received were impeccable. I would remember that special smile at odd times and smile to myself. Some people would stare at me oddly, others ignoring me, but when I remembered his smile, I was in my own little world, so absolutely NOTHING mattered outside of my bubble.

To this day I wondereed why I was gifted with such a perfect human being. He was the epitome of perfection. An dhe belonged to me. Me alone. 

I remembered all the days Kris and I would go walking outside, to the park, holding hands and right before we would enter the park @ the entrance he would pull me close, give me a sweet & delicate kiss before whispering into my ear "My prince, your kingdom awaits". Something about how he would say it would always drain the blood from my face and down into my pants. I could never understand him. But he was the other half to my heart. 

The most memorable would always be the tree one though. He was so tempting I could have made love with him than and there but with kind and gentle words like that I knew it wasn't the right time. 

Memories flooded back in me and I couldn't fight it back anymore. The thought that would always wander, silently and skillfuilly (when least expected): Maybe I was the reason Kris was going to work somewhere he would never tell me. Maybe I was the reason he would always come home with red splotches (hickeys but Tao doesn't know this) on his body especially his neck and shoulders. Maybe that's why lately, he wouldn't want to sleep in the same bed as me. Maybe it was me always being so arrogant. 

"No, sir." I was crying now. The tears came in streams, like delicate roses sending their thorns to battle, the tears struck me across my face with an intesity of hurt. "I want to die here. You need to get out. Leave now." 

"Sir. I can't. No-"

The engine started rumbling, roaring to life. The whiff of outside gasoline struck through my nostrils like a tornado whipping through a toppled city. 
"DAMN IT. I said I want to die."
I pushed him out of the seat, and he fell backwards. But I knew better than that. He was stronger than me. Stronger than the grasp I had on the steering wheel. He leaned forward grabbing my hands, trying to push me off, while also trying to manuever the car away from the on-coming trailer. 

Only than did I realize the close proximity the trailer truck was to us now. It was no longer a game of death or life. Death had called checkmate. Death had won this time.

And so we went swerving directly into the rapidly approaching truck. The last thing I saw was the front view of the vehicles mouth, coming into contact with my side of the car. Blackness enveloped my body. I saw nothing but darkness taunting at my strings. Was I dead? Was I alive....

 

 

Tao finally realized why Kris was leaving early in the morning and coming home late at night, even sometimes at the break of dawn, to only receive 2 hours of sleep. Tao understood why Kris was trying his best to make Tao happy. Finally Tao understood...

He understood it was his arrogance. He finally comprehended that it was his own negligence towards Kris' own sufferment that made Kris the way he was lately. 

But I promised my mother I would change..... How can I change now, when I can't see anything and when I can't feel my own body?

God is this the time when you send your angels down to retrieve me, your child, and guide me "home". Is this...where I die?

 

 

 

A/N: There you go! Woot. I'm kind of done with the whole TaoRis part of the fic. I don't know how long this fanfic will continue., but please do keep supporting me daebak readers and subscribers! <3 An author who wants to write. keke (Even though as I'm wrtiting this, my fingers throb with numbness cos I'm tired writing. -+-