The Battle with a Voice (pt.1)

Behind the glamour (Discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Onew stared in amazement at the scene playing infront of him. When the three guys took him away from the fare, he had expected to be brought in a dimly lit underground basement of some sort, meet with a swollen-faced and bruised Taemin and get tied up to an old chair. But, here he was, in the apartment of someone called “Kenny” only to see that Taemin was sprawled in the couch, apparently asleep. He curiously looked around the bright-lit room. Everyone looked deep in thought and he didn’t know what to do. The three guys that had brought him here weren’t there yet. They had told him to go inside the room and had said that they’ll be back after discussing something among themselves. However, the other three guys inside the room were too busy on their own train of thoughts to even notice his presence.  He shifted from one foot to another uncomfortably.  Out of all the three guys, one was the most solemn. The others were angry and somewhat worried but this guy had the saddest expression in his face.

 Onew cleared his throat and the solemn looking guy suddenly looked up at him. Before he had time to register what was happening, that guy was right infront of him. This led to the other people there, including Taemin, to circle him. The solemn-looking guy blocked Taemin with his hand, not allowing him to come any nearer to Onew. He frowned at this and the solemn-looking guy spoke, “Tell us the lines that Key taught you.” Taemin was whining like a puppy behind his back and said, “Kai…he’s my hyung! Let me at least speak to him.” *So his name is Kai.* Kai sighed and motioned towards the couch. Onew hesitantly sat down, aware of the fact that three pairs of eyes were observing his every move.

Kai expectantly looked at Onew. *Finally a new trail.* Onew merely shrugged and said, “I don’t exactly know what these lines mean, so here you go:

The Cinderella with her shoes of glass,

Oh what a beauty the mermaid was,

Snow White and the seven dwarves,

Don’t forget the magic mirror her stepmom had.”

Kai noted it down and recited those lines to Team C. To be honest; he had no idea what this Key guy was up to. He thought that Key should’ve become a script writer….his movie sure would be a great hit. Kai was going to exit the room when he heard Onew and Taemin speaking. “Hyung? Do you think the next one will be who Key hyung thought it’d be?” “I think so. But of course, Key must’ve helped him. I can’t wait to see that dino.” *Dino? Will he be the next one? Damn…I should’ve been there with __________. I just hope she’ll be safe.*

 

-Team C-

Team C was already inside the mall and was looking for Key. However, he was nowhere to be found. There had been no recent riddles so they couldn’t pin-point Key’s location. Out of nowhere, a little flicker could be heard in their ear-pieces. This sent everyone to their alert mode. Kai’s voice boomed out from it-loud and clear. He told them that another guy had been caught and recited the riddle. With an exclamation of ‘Good luck’ and ‘fighting!’ he went off again. Kenny looked at his team members and said, “What do you guys think?” Chen just quizzically looked around and told the first thing that came in his mind, “Ummm…fairytales..?” Kenny didn’t know whether it was supposed to be a question or a statement but didn’t question him any further.

“Chen, you’re a genius.” You turned your head to see Kenny beaming happily while his gaze was locked faraway at something. You turned your head to see what Kenny was looking at when you saw a huge store with a banner that read ‘The Fairytale Cupboard’.

The door had a beautiful design with a mysterious feel to it.

Chen finally caught on with what you two were looking at. He didn’t say anything but darted to the door.  You and Kenny also ran after Chen,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter