The chase

Behind the glamour (Discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Tension was thick in the air and you could feel it enclosing you…it even seemed like the air around you had also got heavier. Suho and Kris…the two ‘leaders’ both had their eyebrows furrowed…SHINee was quick to escape. None of you guys where the people had gone to. “So, SHINee has four members?” Xiumin Min asked. Tao harshly replied, “No…..they’re five. ______ was right, one came into the office and we fought with him. We even took off his mask….but that guy was quick. He escaped.” Kai looked irked at the sudden mention of the “guy”.  Tao sensed his discomfort and said, “Although he looks a bit like Kai, he’s nothing like Kai….let’s not talk about this, let’s focus on finding them first.”  Lay who had been fiddling with his phone all this while quietly spoke, “Two of the guys went here…and two of them went there. As for that guy who held _____ captive-“ “His name is Key.” “Well, yeah….as for Key, I don’t know.”

Kenny raised an eyebrow at him, “How did you know?” Lay showed his dimpled smile once again and replied, “GPS. I attached it to their shoes. As for the little bit Kai-look-alike, Tao did it. I had also given one to him. But, I never got near enough to Key so I don’t know.”  You looked at him disbelievingly.  *That guy is something* He handed you all a device each and said, “GPS is also in this device. The Silver dots are our members and the green ones are theirs, the red dot is that guy on the office. Since, Tao had a different GPS tracker, he has a different colour. A spare GPS tracker is attached to the back of all the devices so if anyone goes near enough to Key, just activate it and attach it to his shoes….they are safer.”

He handed one to you and you questioningly looked at Kenny. He just chuckled and said, “Don’t ask me how Lay did that. He has his resources, that’s all I know.” You all got grouped in three and there were total five groups. One group only had two members- the one with Tao and Kris.  The group arrangement was Luhan-Sehun-Xiumin(team A), Suho-Kai-D.O.(Team B),  Chen-Kenny-you(Team C), Lay-Baekhyun-Chanyeol(Team D),  and Tao-Kris (Team E).  Team A went after one dot which seemed like it was lazily walking around, judging from its slow walking. “The person must be in a public area…otherwise he wouldn’t have let his guard down.” Chanyeol stated and no one opposed his idea.  They were assigned to that guy and they turned towards left, where the dot seemed to be. Before they left, Chanyeol quietly added, “SHINee isn’t behind this. Yes, they’re doing the field work but they aren’t the master mind behind this. I can see that clearly and there’s no question behind it. I don’t think all the members even know who they’re working for. But they’re our first step to this traitor-business, there’s no denying that.” All were shocked by his revelation but it seemed to make sense. Team A solemnly nodded and headed left.

“I want to go after Key.” Kai angrily stated, poison dripping off his malicious tone. You didn’t want that to happen…you didn’t know why but you felt like Key was the key…well….a key, literally…a key to the mission. He was your prey. You looked Kai boldly on the eyes, “No…we’ll go after Key. You go after the guy you met on the office…you know his face after all.” Kai knew he couldn’t oppose to that but he also didn’t want you to face Key again…not after he was so close to taking you away with him. Kai just nodded and left, his team mates following after him. He went to the right…...towards the red dot which seemed to be walking in a fast pace. His dot was moving quickly but it wasn’t that fast to signify that he was actually running.

 

Team D was assigned to the dot which was changing its direction constantly, perhaps to trick anyone who would follow him. He sometimes went straight, turned left, went round and came right back to where he started. Poor guy didn’t even know it was all worthless until he threw his shoes away…which would most definitely never happen. Team E was assigned to the dot which was moving rapidly…probably running 60 km/h.  They left immediately with blinding speed and you wondered if they had some kind of rocket attached to their shoes….

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter