Conversation behind the door

Behind the glamour (Discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Your P.O.V.

“Honey, she isn’t old enough to know about this….let’s wait for a few years more.”  My mom’s words made me stop right on my steps…I wasn’t old enough? For what? I wasn’t the eavesdropper type, but I had to find out what she was talking about. After all, it concerned me, or at least that’s how I ignored my guilty conscience. “But, darling, she’s going to turn 16 in a few days. Don’t you think 16 is old enough? Don’t you remember how frustrating it was before these stuffs came in our lives? I bet _______ is bored out of her wits from being trapped in this mansion every day!”  Oh well, dad is right on that one. I AM bored. Oh, wait…what’s going on here? These stuffs? What stuffs? Unable to hold my curiosity any longer, I leaned closer to the door. I heard my mom letting out a sigh. “Let’s wait until her 16th birthday, alright? We’ll tell her that day….I don’t know how she’ll take it-“ “Miss, what are you doing here?” The sudden voice behind me made me jump in fright. I turned around to see our chief maid, Mrs. Kwon, eyeing me suspiciously. I decided to play it cool and answered her, "Mrs. Kwon, what I do is strictly my business, so I don't think I need to explain my actions to you." *I'm so sorry, Mrs. Kwon, but you caught me red-handed. It's better this way.*  Having been caught, I dragged my feet towards my room....there's still three days before my birthday, I can't wait to find out what they have been keeping from me.

 

Third person P.O.V.

 

It was soon dinner time and Mr. and Mrs. Song acted, much to your surprise, normal. They were fussing about how fast you were growing up, how they were so proud of you and everything. Observing the way they behaved, you could tell they were used to keeping secrets. You couldn't help but wonder how many other things they had kept from you. "Princess, do you want to hold a party? It's not everyday a girl turns sixteen." "Dad, I don't think so. It's not like I have much friends, anyway. How about we three go to a picnic? It has been quite some time since we three spent some quality time together." Your mom clapped her hands in delight and said, "It's a good idea. I'm running out of ideas to design my dresses too. We could go to the garden to celebrate your birthday and have a lovely picnic there. Maybe the flowers will give me some inspiration." You shook your head in disbelief, your mom and her work-obsession. 

The three days, thankfully, passed quickly. You couldn't concentrate in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter