Jacket.

Robot Malfunction

Eunmi's POV

"Why she's being weirder than usual?", "Skinny jeans? Is she for real, what a wannabe.", "What's up with the hoodie, I can barely make out her ugly face."

These were on the lips of every student as I walked to my locker. As usual I ignored their rambling. Idiots, if you're going to whisper then whisper softly so I can't hear that you're obviously talking about me. At least they're better than Jay's friends. 

... Those 6 morons. Just thinking about living with 7 guys was unreal. What am I? A girl in one of those fanfics? 

Opening my locker, I got that tingly feeling I get when something's wrong. Ahh, now I see why. Inside of my locker it was reeking of something disgusting I don't even want to know, my books were gone and were replaced with garbage. 

The students around me snickered with one another. Yes, what a day today is going to be. 

RING ! ~

First period was starting and I had math. Which was on the other side of the school. I usually made it within 2 minutes but with my wounds it took me 7 minutes. The teacher was not tolerate with tardy students so she gave me punishment, kneeling down with my hands up outside the classroom. 

"And where is your uniform Miss Lee? After half an hour of this, report to the office at once." with that she strode off back into the classroom.

I got up just as the teacher turned her back and closed the door. The office? No thanks.  I made my way to the music room, the bandages were unwrapping after so much movement. 

Skipping class was no big deal to me, I'm pretty smart when it came to numbers and problem solving. Catching up in class was easy. Opening the door to the abandoned part of school with a bored expression, I made my way to the music room and went to the first aid-kit. 

Taking out the ointment and bandages and carefully placing them by my side, I unwrapped the now dirty bandage and treated myself. The ointment stung when I used it on the open wound. Enduring the sting, I quickly finished and tidied up. 

Seeing as I couldn't do anything else in the room and had a lot of time to waste, I decided to take a nap on the roof. This section of the school was also off-limits to students, but hey, if there was any place where I could do things without people around I take it as it is. People thought it be dirty with bird poop and such, it's actually really clean. 

Walking up the stairs was hell, I never noticed there were so many steps. My body felt incredibly stiff, yeah I needed that nap now. Once I reached the end of the stairs, I pulled on the lock and it gave. The lock was for appearances, if students saw it they would instantly think it's lock and no use to go up here. 

Stepping onto the roof and seeing the deep, baby blue sky was refreshing. The indoors were suffocating me. It was a good idea to take a nap here, a cloudy and breeze-ful day. 

Using my hoodie as a pillow, I slowly lowered myself onto the ground at the shady corner.

This.

This was what I needed. A rest from moving my barely able to move body. Taking my iPod out of my bag I plugged the ear buds into my ear and raised the volume. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMpm4nRtYo8&feature=related // CLICK ! to get the feel of the story. 

Closing my eyes I let his smooth voice drift me off. This is what I like, this surreal surrounding of peacefulness. Where I can just leave my worries until later, where I can be vulnerable, where I can be myself. But with leaving myself to the nothingness, thoughts of the past starts appearing with every tick of a second. 

Home. 

A big house, a mother, a father, a big brother. All together living life happily in Seattle. The past that I keep bringing up to calm myself for what's to happen in the future. 

"Umma..." I whispered into the sky.

I felt like crying. 

That's silly though, I haven't cried since I was 8. Taking deep breathes, I managed to get that thought out of my head. 

"I miss you," was the last thing I remember saying before I slipped into dreamland. 

-

Woohyun's POV

"Yah, why do we have to be left behind." I whined to Myungsoo. 

"We can't all just disappear, it'll cause a problem among the teachers and students." He calmly replied. 

"But why us?" 

"We were too slow." 

I pouted at the thought of how much fun Sunggyu and the others must be having right now. 

"OMMMMMMO, DID YOU SEE THAT?! SO CUTE." Girls around us were loudly squealing. I groaned, the girl students here were so annoying. Myungsoo and I were just aimlessly walking around the hallways during the switch period of 2nd class. 

I pouted again at the thought of 3 more periods to attend til' the day was to end. And again went the girlish squeals. 

"Can you keep your facial expressions neutral until we're not surrounded by hormonal girls." Myungsoo glared, "I have a headache already." 

"My looks is a curse." I sang ~

He just rolled his eyes at me. 

RING ! ~

"Want to skip class and wander around? It's just our second day and Seoul High is pretty big." I asked him.

"Anywhere without the crazy hyenas." Myungsoo agreed. 

Without the thousands of students crowding the hallways, it made the school look much bigger than how it usually is. When we thought we heard teachers we turned the other way and walked in a different direction. While looking around I had this image that kept popping into my head, of a girl bruised everywhere yet had a look of boredom in her eyes, as if she didn't care she was badly hurt. Every time I tried to shake the image away, it just came right back. 

"Myungsoo, do you think she's okay?" The atmosphere needed a conversation in it.

Nothing. 

"Yah, Myungsoo, do you think she's okay?" I repeated.

Nothing.

"Yah Myungsoo! Did you-" , I turned around only to find nobody there. I blinked twice. That's weird, Myungsoo was just behind me. 

Great. I lost a 18 year old teenager at school. 

I was walking around looking for the fool when I felt a breeze past by me. Was a window open? It's chilly outside, who would want to open it I thought. I walked in the direction of the breeze and came upon an open doorway that had stairs leading up. This must be the rooftop seeing I was already on the third floor. 

At the top, I pushed open the half-open door and came upon an image of Myungsoo leaning over a body. I crinkled my eyebrows, what was he doing?

Slowly making my way over to the corner as quietly as I can, I peeked over his shoulders.

No way.

I thought and said out loud. 

Myungsoo whirled around and tried to choke me but I was fast enough to catch his arm in the midst of him doing that. 

"What are you trying to do, give me a heart attack?!" He asked with a glare, while trying to regain his heartbeat and moving his hand away from my neck.

"Geez, sorry. If I had known you were going to be up here I wouldn't have had to search for you and then scared you to death." I replied.

"Stop being a baby." 

"I WAS LIKE BABY, BABY, BABY, OHHHHHHH-" before I could start a verse, a hand clasp onto my mouth. 

"Keep it quiet moron." Myungsoo hissed in a whisper. 

"MFFFPF? (WHY?)" He pointed at Eunmi. 

Oh.

I looked down and could see that she was sleeping. I could also hear the loud drumming and beats from her music. Who can sleep like that ?! I was shivering in the cold yet she was sleeping like a zombie.

The hand came off my mouth, we were both silently looking at her. I squatted down and raised my hand to touch the band-aid that was on her cheek. 

"Robots get hurt too." I softly said. 

Sweeping her bangs out of her face I found another band-aid. I traced the outline of that and just stared at her flawless complexion. She had such pretty skin. Man Sungjong will be jealous to hear this. 

Eunmi suddenly moving a little which caused me to instantly pull my hand away from her face. Seeing as she didn't wake up I let out a breath. 

DASI DORAWA DORAWA DORAWA ~

Myungsoo quickly took out his phone and answered the call. He didn't say anything as the person on the other line talked to him, by the rigid way Myungsoo was standing I could tell the call was urgent. With a snap, the phone went back into his pocket.

"That was Sunggyu, he said he needs us. Now." 

I nodded, finally some action time ! Wahoooo !

Standing up I started walking towards the door but not without looking back at Eunmi one last time. Walking down the stairs, getting all pumped up, I realized Myungsoo wasn't behind me yet again. I stopped moving. 

But then I saw him going down the stairs after closing the door. Something was different about him though ...

"Yah where's your jacket?" I asked him. 

"What jacket." he replied back.

Once he was beside each other, I began to walk again.

"That black jacket with the diagonal zipper going across the front, you had it on you this morning." 

"Oh that Jacket? That's Sungyeols, I just borrowed it." 

"Then where is it?" 

"Where's what." 

"Sungyeol's jacket that you borrowed."

"I don't know." 

Really. Is he playing mind games with me? I could've sworn he had a jacket with him. 

"YAH, stop acting like that. I know you had it a few minutes ago." I was getting annoyed.

But then a dawning realization came to me. Before going to the roof he had the jacket. After leaving the roof he didn't have the jacket.

Smirking I asked, "Did you give it to Eunmi?" 

"I don't know what you're talking about." 

Laughing, I socked him on the arm. 

"How are you going to explain to Sungyeol that you just gave away his $300 jacket?"

"He'll get it back." 

"I don't know what you're trying to do but count me in." I said.

Myungsoo just rolled his eyes but smiled a little. "C'mon, Sunggyu said ASAP." 

-

Opening my eyes, I was immediately greeted by the vast evening sky. Wasn't it a deep, baby blue colour before? 

I slept the whole day. 

Crap. Work. I reached for my cell and it indicated that it was 6:10pm.  

Dialing Maid Cafe, I explained that I wasn't feeling well and couldn't make it. Mrs. Yang said it was okay and told me to get better. I felt guilty for lying to her, but I just didn't want to do anything today, I wanted to sleep more. 

Jay was right,  Practically missing my classes today was equivalent to me staying at home.

While getting up, something fell off me. I looked down at my lap.

Who's jacket is this. 

I tilted my head to the right thinking who's it could be. 

Looking around there was nobody here except me. So someone must've put it on me while I was sleeping. 

Glancing back at the jacket, I thought 'I swear I seen this jacket before.' 

Checking it's pocket for any identification my hand found something that felt familiar. Taking it out of the pocket, I stared at the object in my hand.

It was my glasses. In half. Broken.

Turning my stare back to the jacket I tried to remember whose it was. Yet failing miserably. 

I'll deal with it later.

Standing up, I started stretching. My body was sore but it didn't hurt  to move that much anymore. Grabbing my bag after a moment I walked to the door and 'locked' it. 

Then advanced down the stairs and on my way home.