Midnight Fight.

Robot Malfunction

Eunmi's POV

Achoo!

Am I getting a cold? Whatever. Shrugging that thought away I quickly stepped into the shower and twisted the taps. Allowing sprays of waters ranging from hot to cold to pour itself over my vulnerable skin. In the midst of showering, I had this odd feeling that I was forgetting something. Something important. 

Even after finishing my shower in 15 minutes, I couldn't shake that feeling off. It was then, when I unconsciously reached my hands out trying to grasp this object after every shower that I began to understand what I was forgetting. 

My glasses. Those thick, rimmed ones that I left at school when I fell on top of that guy. 

.

I didn't need prescriptions. I had perfect 20/20 vision. Those glasses helped me hide my face. The only thing which I was self-conscious about. I did not like anybody seeing what I looked like without them, besides Jay. But he didn't count, he's my dimwit brother. 

What the hell, do I do now. 

Stumped with the inevitable, I made my way to my room and started changing. Sweatpants accompanied with my signature white t-shirt and black hoodie. I grabbed my backpack, slipped on my black and white Nikes, and headed out the door. With the hoodie covering my head. 

Living in the biggest city, South Seoul, you expect finding a job would be easy. It wasn't. Everywhere I went, they complained about my lack of personality. The only job I could find that could deal with the way I was was in West Seoul. Working as a waitress. The pay was alright, the manager was a sweet, old lady that didn't care I back talked the rude customers. The only thing I disagree on was the uniform I had to wear. A black skirt with white ruffles complimented with a white loose t-shirt that had black ribbons attached to the sleeves. Otherwise known as a maid outfit. 

Since I had no other options of jobs, I had to take the maid one. Thank god it's all the way over at West Seoul where nobody from Seoul High goes to. 

After 40 minutes, I arrived at the front entrance of Maid Cafe. Just in time I thought as I walked in and the aroma of fresh, baked bread instantly filled my nostrils. My stomach started growling. I forgot I hadn't eaten anything since this morning.

Quickly walking to the employee's changing room I stripped myself of my comfortable clothes and into my uniform. Once done, I went outside to greet the manager and customers that were slowly coming into the cafe.

"Welcome to Maid Cafe, please follow me to your seats." 

"What would you like for this evening ma'am/sir? I recommend the sweet, apple tart." 

Blahblah I monotonously said. Yup, this was pretty much how I worked. Writing down their orders and waiting for the food to be done so I could deliver them to the customers. Except today where you usually be greeted with my expressionless face, it was replaced with a notebook. Allowing the customers a pleasant view of papers with scribbles written on it. 

The time flew by quickly because before I knew it, it was already 11:00pm. 

I cleaned up a bit then went into the changing room to rid myself of the ridiculous outfit. As I was about to leave the room, my pants  began to vibrate. I pulled up my phone from my pocket and checked the new message.

"SORRY OPPA WAS BEING MEAN THIS MORNING. FORGIVE ME BABY SIS <3 & I also forgive you for ditching last period, just no more in the future araso ?! Anyways, something came up. Won't be home tonight so you don't have to waste any more food cooking for two. Get home safe and if anyone suspicious comes up to you, kick `em in the groin." - Dimwit Jay

Walking towards the night outside I replied a simple 'whatever' back to him.

The manager, Mrs. Yang, suddenly flung two bags of sweet bread just as I reached my hands out to open the entrance door. I swiftly caught the bags and looked at her. 

"There were leftovers and I could hear your stomach rumbling every minute today," she sweetly smiled at me.

"Kamsahamnida." with that, I opened the door that lead outside to the darkness. 

It was cold out tonight but the warmth from my hoodie protected me from most of the chill, same with my grey mittens and matching scarf.  Pulling my hoodie closer to my head I started my way home. 

-

Jay's POV

AISH. JUST GREAT. JUST FRICKIN` GREAT.

One moment I got Taec in a headlock and then the next I'm sitting in my car driving to who knows where with 3 complaining s cramped in the backseat and Nichkhun in the passenger side whistling like the happy idiot he usually is. 

This was how I planned to tell the guys about Eunmi: get home and chill while waiting for her to get back from work and then spring it on the guys like no big deal. They see a girl walking into my home, give us all a look, and retreat into her room. While I shout out ' THIS IS EUNMI , MY BABY SIS ' and casually walk into the kitchen to grab something to eat and let them deal with the moment. 

But no. Instead we're all on our way to DBSK's mansion who needed some help from 2pm. All the way in North Seoul. The things I do for my friends. 

"I just don't see why all of us have to go!" Junsu complained. 

"Yaaaaah ! Couldn't some of us stayed behind and like, watch your house or something." Junho whined.

"QUIET IN THE BACK, YUNHO SAID THE OTHERS WANTED TO SEE YOU GUYS SO WE'RE ALL GOING." 

"Just think of it as a reunion, we haven't seen them in years," the optimistic idiot cheerfully said.

"JAY HYUNG! NICHKHUN HYUNG! LOOK WHAT I DID!" Chansung interrupted and was silently trying to stop his laughter.

I looked in the rearview mirror and was greeted by a passed-out Taecyeon who now supported a fully, grown marker mustache. 

My grumpy mood was instantly erased.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA OH MY GOD HE LOOKS SO STUPID. I GOT TO TAKE A PICTURE AND SHOW IT TO EVERYBODY.

Junho reading my mind, immediately got his cellphone and took pictures of the ridiculous sight.

Wait until Wooyoung sees it, speaking of him ... I looked over to my side and sure enough, there he was on his motorcycle. He saw me looking and gave a small wave then proceeded to add more horsepower allowing him to pass the car. 

I felt something vibrate in my pocket, swiftly getting it out l glanced down at the message. 

"Whatever." - BABY SIS <3

I grinned, that was just like Eunmi. No emotions in her text as well. I quickly put the phone back in my pocket before Nichkhun, who was curious about the text message that had me grinning, could see. 

Aish, that girl. She better come home without a scratch. 

-

Sungyeol's POV

"Where do you think you're going you frickin` idiot?" Sunggyu angrily kicked the guy who was trying to flee.

The others and I were walking along the street minding our own business when this gang appeared out of nowhere and demanded us to give them our belongings. Clearly, they did not know who we were otherwise they wouldn't dare approach us. Next thing you know, there's lots of cursing and Dongwoo, who clearly had enough of the bickering, punched one of their guy in the face. 

That initiated the fight. 

They were no match for us of course.

Elbowing the last remaining guy down, we were ready to leave the scene in case someone caught us. I turned my back on the fallen guy and when I did, he started to stand and took out a metal rod from his jacket. Woohyun, who saw and knew what was about to happen, shouted "SUNGYEOL, BEHIND YOU!". 

I turned around about to punch the guy when the metal came down upon me. The damn guy slammed it right into my side. I was caught off guard as the air inside me escape my mouth. 

I saw Hoya immediately come to my side and knocked the metal rod from the guy's hand then Sunggyu proceeded to punch the guy. 

"Yo Sungyeol you okay?" Hoya asked then helped me stand.

"I'm" breathe "fine." I struggled for air. 

"Let's just go home, before someone sees us and calls the police." Myungsoo said.

Before we could take a step, 10 or so guys came running to the field. Looks like we have more fighting to do. Sunggyu, who looked ready for another fight, suddenly turned to me and said, "Sungyeol, you go first. We'll handle this." 

Not waiting for my reply, the guys charged forth. 

I slowly and treacherously walked away from the fight. Every step I took, I needed an intake of air. That bastard I thought. When I couldn't handle walking anymore I stopped at an alleyway and took a seat with my back against the wall. I was breathing heavily and it was cold. 

Numb, can't feel your fingers cold. 

I was only wearing a leather jacket and a red shirt with a white wife beater underneath.

Trying to ignore the weather I concentrated on getting my breath back. With eyes closed, air began filling my lungs which caused the pain to recede. All of a sudden I sense somebody coming.

I kept my eyes closed, thinking that if they thought I was dead or a hobo they leave me alone. I thought it had worked since I heard no movement for quite a while. All of a sudden, the approaching figure stepped in front of me. Then ran away after placing something on me, I opened my eyes and saw the black outline of the retreating figure who was only wearing a white shirt.

Looking down at myself, I saw that what the figure had placed on me was a hoodie, and a scarf with matching grey mittens. I turned my gaze to where the figure ran away. Then back at the hoodie and matching stuff. 

'It's warm' I thought. '-and it smells like vanilla.'