Detention

Pretty Boyfriend of Mine ~ FULL VERSION ~

I love PE class because this is the time we get to play and forget the books for a while. I went to change at the girl’s locker and then heard a group of girls were talking about me. I slowly close my locker and eavesdrop on what they were saying. That voice…it’s really familiar.

 

 “I don’t really like that new girl Soo Min. She really annoyed me.” A girl whine and her friend try to comfort her.

 

“Come on, she’s just a newbie…you’re far more better than her, in grades as well as looks.” They all giggled.

 

“I know right, I am prettier and brighter but, I don’t like her become so close with JR’s group…seems like she’s trying to make her way in. I don’t know what they see in her, I’ve been trying to get to close to them but it was so hard. Why does it look so easy with her?” she commented.

 

“Don’t worry, that won’t be long.” Another girl said.

 

“Didn’t she even know that JR is mine?”

 

“You better let her know who your man is then…”

 

“She better not mess up with me or else she’ll get what she deserves.”

 

Then there was silence and I heard footsteps heading towards the exit. I took a peek and it was Hyuna, So Hyun, Jiyeon and Hwayoung.

 

It was our PE session at the school basketball arena, the teacher ask us to do some warm up before we play. Some did their own stretching and some were busy bouncing the balls to practice. I was stretching up with the group where suddenly something gets into my eyes and it hurts till I can barely open it.

 

“Ah…shhhhoot! What the…” I murmured and JR noticed that I was busy rubbing my eyes till it’s red and watery.

 

“Ya…Soo Min-ah. Stop doing that.” JR said as he stand in front of me and grab hold of my hand. I paused but still closed my eyes.

 

“It hurts…aaaaah…” I told him as I try to open one eye. He just smiled.

 

“Wait…let me see.” JR holds my chin and lifts my face up and he checked my eye. “This not going to hurt, open your eyes and look up.” He ordered and I just follow. Softly he blows on my eye and surprisingly the pain is gone.

 

Ren’s POV

What are they doing? My heart wonders as I saw JR hyung lifting up Soo Min’s cheek and it looks like he’s going to kiss her eyes. Suddenly my heart raced and my face felt warm. Why do I felt uncomfortable seeing all this? Am I jealous? What is going on with me? They didn’t suppose to do that…no.

 

I make my way towards them, so do Aron hyung.

End of POV

 

582829_175891172533820_163136047142666_2

“Yah..what’s going on? Soo Min-ah, you’re crying?” Aron asked anxiously while checking on me and he turn to look at JR… "JR, did you bully her?”

 

“No. Aron…it’s just dust get into my eyes. Nothing’s serious.” I told him and then Ren approaches, together with Minhyun and Baekho.

 

“Guys, let’s get practicing…” Baekho suggested and everybody starts practicing bouncing the ball. In the middle of the practice there’s a ball bounce hard and hit my thigh. I turn to look at it was Hyuna’s group and they all looked at me and laugh.

20110324_hyuna_1.jpg

“Oh, I’m sorry…does that hurt? Seriously I didn’t even see you.” Hyuna said and the rest laughed. I took the ball and throw it back to them, without saying a word I turn to face Baekho.

 

 “Just look at that…who does she thinks she is? She’s a newbie and already acted all cocky and getting close and flirty with them? Ahhh…this is so annoying.” Hyuna stand in the corner and stared at me. Then she turns to look at So Hyun. Baekho looked at me and then shook his head in disagreement.

 

“Ah…really, she doesn’t even act like a girl supposed to…maybe that’s why she can get along with those guys…and oh, I think Ren is more feminine than she is.” Jiyeon said and they all burst into laughter. I try to ignore as I don’t want to cause trouble.

 

As I was stretching my arms in the air, a ball flung out of nowhere and hit me on the back of my head. It was a hard throw that I nearly lost my balance and managed to grab on Min Hyun. Then I heard laughter from Hyuna’s group in the corner.

NU%E2%80%99EST38.jpg

“Are you okay Soo Min?” Min Hyun  ask with concern. “Ya!! Watch out where you’re throwing!” Aron said to the girls and then I heard a girl said...

 

 

“Sorry! We have no idea how the ball would bounced there.” then they giggled.

 

“Oh…did I break your neck? I’m sorry!” Hyuna said as she’s making a cry baby gesture.

 

I cracked my finger and turn to look; they were busy whispering at each other and had their eyes focused on me. I took the ball and make my way to the group. I felt as annoyed as I didn’t even mind their business at all and it’s time to straighten things up.

 

I stand a foot away and throw the ball harshly to Hyuna and she managed to catch but her eyes widened in disbelief that I would react that way.

 

“What is actually your problem with me?” I had my hand on my waist and tapped one foot on the floor, annoyed and rather disturbed.

 

“Oh, sorry…we didn’t mean to hurt you; it’s just that we lost control of the ball. Are you angry? I’m sorry if you’re hurt.” So Hyun giggled and making a -look gesture at me.

 

 “If you guys didn’t mean it then why were you talking about me just now? Did I ever cause trouble with you guys?” I crossed my hands. The rest of the class starts to focused on us.

 

“Ya, we don’t like you okay? Stop being all gangsters on us and acted like you’re the best and the innocent one in here. Wake up girl! You’re just a rookie.” Hyuna said to me and I went close to her and grabbed her shirt and pulled her closer til our eyes met. It felt like there’s an electric current running through our eyes.

 

“I am a rookie, but I’m not gonna let a fake, blood- senior to step on all over me. I don’t like to hit girls but if you made me pissed, won’t hesitate to.” I clenched one fist but then someone grab hold of my hand.

 

“Soo Min, stop it before the teacher comes in.” JR said as he tries to cool off the situation. “Hyuna, please, stop causing trouble. We’ve had enough from you.” He said to her and later he dragged me away. As I walked beside JR, Baekho and Aron gathered next to me and at that exact moment I heard Hyuna said.

 

“Huh…I bet she just want to get her way in his pants…”

 

I was at the edge to explode as I turn to strike and beat the crap out of her but Baekho manage to grab me by the waist and I was throwing tantrum, kicking the air crazily.

 

“You!!! !! Burn in hell bit**…” Baekho covered my mouth before I could say that word but I still trying to kick her , Hyuna rolled her sleeves up her shoulder and about to strike but JR blocked her.

 

“Hyuna, please don’t make anymore mess.” JR said softly to her while I was taken away by Baekho and Aron. Minhyun just shook his head in disbelief. Ren just stood still looking at me like he had been under a spell.

 

Ren’s POV

*Is she even a girl? I have never seen a girl that would want to fight like boys did…wow...*

End of POV

 

They drag me to the other corner then Baekho let me go.

 

20120331_seoulbeats_nuest_baekho.jpeg

“Soo Min…what was that?” he asked,"That doesn’t look like you..not at all. Have you been possessed or what?" BAekho had his hand on my shoulder.

 

“She’s just about to beat the hell out of that Hyuna girl.” Ren mentioned.

 

“Well she’s such a b…” I didn’t get to finish up my word as I look at Minhyun and he shook his head. I then continue…” I have never caused her trouble, why did she hated me so much?” I bit my lips and still stare at Hyuna.

 

“Why don’t you go and freshen up a bit? Maybe a cold drink will help you cool off?” Aron told me and I just left as I want to go to the washroom as well.

 

“Fine…” I stare at Hyuna, she look back at me with a killer look. I just ignored and left to the washroom.

 

After done doing my business, I head back to the basketball arena and at the other end of the hallway I heard some girls screaming like they’re seeing an idol walked by. I wonder what’s going on and decided to peek just behind the wall. It was to my surprise seeing that very familiar figure standing not that far from me.

kris4.jpg

“Kris?” My heart stops beating for a second. I hid back behind the wall and started to crab-walk against it just to escape from that guy. I saw the PE storeroom door was ajar and decided to hide there until he’s gone. I went in and close the door behind me and as I turn I saw Ren was asleep in between the futons. He looks so cute when he’s asleep…just like snow white.

 

tumblr_m2bkm8c5wL1r5zxqpo2_500.jpg

As I try to peek outside I turn the door knob but I won’t open. I turn it again and again a few times but it didn’t work. “Oh no, don’t tell me that it’s stuck” I whispered to myself.

 

Ren woke up from the noise I made with the door knob. “Ya! What are you doing in here and why is the door locked?” he stood up, fixing his hair.

 

“What are you doing in here at the first place?” I questioned him bust he answered me with a question.

 

“Don’t you know that the store door can’t be opened from inside? Why did you lock it?” he started worrying.

 

“How would I know? I’m not someone who sneak in a storeroom just to skip PE class.” I said to him but he pushed me aside to try opened the door.

 

“Great…now I’m stuck in here with you.” He said in an annoying tone.

 

In that sudden we heard a sound from behind the boxes. I turn to look but there’s nothing and because of the dim lighthing, we could barely see thing inside. Then the noise becomes louder, Ren decided to pull the box to see what’s behind it and when he did a huge rat flung out and landed on his feet.

 

“Kyaaahhh!!” Ren freaked out and hugged me tight, I was shocked and scared at the same time and we both hugged each other. I took a glance, the rat hid under the cupboard and I turn to look at Ren, his eyes still closely shut and his arms wrapped tightly around me.

 

And at that exact moment Mr. Choi opened the door and to his surprise, his eyes widened and it seems like his jaw almost dropped to the floor. Quickly Ren pushes me away and fixed his shirt.

 

1a7c7__151884_choi-min-soo_300_225.png

“Yah!! What do you punks think you’re doing in here? Such a disgrace, how could you two hook up in here while your friends are at the court?” he asked angrily as I could see flames in his eyes as he sneered at us.

 

 

“But sir, it was the rat that scares us and we…” I try to clear things up but he didn’t want to listen.

 

“Save it later young lady. Both of you are coming with me to the principal’s office, now.

 

*Great…I smell detention.*

___________________________________________

 

After what happened in the PE store room, both Ren and I have to go for detention as the principal said it was a wrong doing that we wasn’t suppose to commit. It’s only the two of us with Mr. Choi together in the class. He had his eyes plastered on us while we’re doing the math question given by him. I sighed and then I heard Mr. Choi giggled.

 

“Why, are you regretting it now?” he said and had his eyes on me. I just focus on the paper but I could sense that Ren was laughing at me silently.

 

Someone knocked on the door and it was Ms. Song, she informed Mr. Choi that there’s something important that he need to be there and help he to get it settled. Then Mr. Choi turn to look at us, “You two better stay put…I’ll be back in a minute.” He said and left to follow Ms. Song.

 

After a minute he left, Ren left his table and pulled the chair in front of me and sat there, looking straight into my eyes.

 

“Ya…what makes you go there in the PE store room? Are you stalking on me?” he asked.

 

“Tsk! What would I stalk on you? Like I have nothing better to do.” I said still focusing on the paper but then later he put his hand on it to not let me continue.

 

“Choi Min Ki! Stop it.” I told him…his eyes widened as I called his full name. I took his hand and put it aside. He just giggled.

 

“Ya, did you see that antique piano at the corner?” he try to start a conversation.

 

“What’s with the piano?” I didn’t even turn to look as if was not interested.

 

“It was haunted. Don’t you know that was the legendary Jae Song couple’s piano?” he turn to look at it at look back at me. When I took a glance at it..it definitely looks scary. His eyes widened and he dragged the chair to sit closer to me.

 

“Let me tell you the story. There was this loving couple, which is very famous in school called Jae Song couple. They loved each other so much but the school is against this kind of couple relationship that makes them hard to see each other. So they would do things that will make them get detention and they will use that time to be in here and play the piano and just to sit next to each other, holding hands. The situation becomes worst when both of them commit suicide, jumping down from the school’s rooftop hand in hand just because the principal noticed their tricks to see each other by getting detention. And it was really tragic because they died together with their hands still holding each other.” Ren paused.

 

“Gosh…that was really tragic.” I fell for the story.

 

“Yeah, and every year, it is said that during their anniversary the piano played on its own and the sound could be heard until the front gate.” Ren turns to look at the piano and at the exact moment the piano does make a sound that makes us froze in our seats.

 

“Don’t tell me that you can play piano using telepathy.” I said sarcastically.

 

“You know what…I guess their anniversary is today!” Ren quickly stood up and run for his life, leaving me behind.

 

“Yaa!!! Ren!! Don’t leave me like this…you! Just you wait!!” I chase him and both of us left the detention class.

 

I was nearly out of breath as I reach the front gate and saw Ren standing there with his arms crossed and a big smile on his face. I slowly dragged my feet, exhausted and out of breath. The moment I get closer to him, he pick up the pace and walked beside me.

 

“Ya…Soo Min-ah, I just can’t believe you fell for the make-believe story.” Hi smirked and giggled.

 

I paused and turn to look at him. “Make believe? Then how did that piano…” I’m getting confused.

 

“Ya…it was just a rat walking on the piano hammers because I saw the end of its tail.” He then patted softly on my cheek, “Yaaaaah, the look on you face was priceless.” He laughed and walked ahead of me.

 

“Ya Choi Min Ki!!….You’ll pay for this.” 

 

~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*

 

I'm so sorry to keep you guys waiting....I hope you love this chapter...^^