Fireworks

Pretty Boyfriend of Mine ~ FULL VERSION ~

 

“Soo Min? You’re here?” Ren said as he looked a little confused.

 

“Ren…what’s with the apron?” I asked him and giggled.

 

“Chingu-ya…that’s my lovely nephew Min Ki…but he’s more comfortable being called as Ren. Ren…meet my friend, Mrs. Kim.

 

“Annyeong omonim…”Ren bowed to mom and then turns to look at me smiling.

 

“Omma, Ren oppa is unnie’s classmate, he’s really nice. They’re good friends too. Hi oppa!” Soo Jung waved at Ren.

 

“Oh really? How great…so, Ren, you help your aunt here? What did you actually do?” mom asked Ren. Before he could answer her aunt cuts in.

 

“He’s really good in nail arts so I asked him to help out if customer wants to have a creative nail job or manicure.” Ren’s aunt praised him.

 

“I’m not that good and there’s still a lot to learn…I just love to help aunt out during my free time.” He informed.

 

“Enough with the talking...let me treat you with a soothing massage. Ren, please attend Soo Min with the hand massage and manicure…Soo Jung can follow me here with your mom.” Ren’s aunt said as she escorted mom to the other side of the place. She turned to look at Ren and wiggled her eyebrows which make Ren frowned and shyly smiled as he turns to look at me.

 

“Your aunt is cool…” I smiled as he escorted me to the manicure table.

 

“She loves to joked around, that’s why I love to spend my time here.” He told me as he pull the chair.

 

“You know how to do all this? Wow…I never knew, I thought you get a good manicure with all those nice nail arts.” I told him and he blushed.

 

“Come, have a sit.” He offered me the seat and then he took my hand. He analyzed it and shook his head.

 

“How can you call yourself a girl? You didn’t even take care of your hands and nails? Tsk..tsk…” Ren shook his head again and then giggled.

 

“Ya, if you’re here just to make fun of me then thanks a lot, I don’t even need a manicure.” I pouted. Ren grasp my hands tighter and then he looked straight into my eyes.

 

“No I’m not making fun of you, I just love to tease you because you look cute when you’re angry.” He laughs.

 

“Ya…why are you…” I paused as Ren pulled me closer to him and his hands still holding mine.

 

“Just let me take care of you. We don’t usually get the chance like this right? Just relax and let me treat you nicely.” Ren said softly and he let go of my hands. My heart beats faster and I felt like it’s going to pop out of my chest any time.

 

I looked at his hands as he preparing his kit, he had different design on each nails and he did it nicely, better than a girl’s nail art. He then took my hand and starts the manicure routine.

_________________________________________________________________

 

Author’s POV

Hyuna pass by Ren’s aunt manicure saloon and she saw Ren and Soo Min talking while Ren polishing Soo Min’s nails. She gets closer and sneak at the window to get a closer look. She took out her phone and take pictures of them.

 

“Hah…this can make one hot gossip for you Ren, let’s see if Soo Min got your back or not.”

End of POV.

 

“So, how would you like your nails to be paint?” He asked as he checks on the range of nail polish on the counter just at the side of the table.

 

“There’s too many to choose. I don’t know, I don’t even use nailpolish.” I told him and he giggled.”

 

“Ya, you should start using some on your pretty nails or it would just be wasted like that. I love girls who have nice fingernails.” He teased.

 

“Just do whatever you think would look nice on my hands.” I told him.

 

“Okay.” he replied and starts painting my nails.

 

After he had finished on one hand I take a closer look; he made some cute drawing on it and I’m amazed.

 

“Wow…this is pretty. Thank you.” I told Ren as switched to my left hand. I stretched my hand and have a good look at it.

 

“Yah..Stay still; it hasn’t dried up well yet. Gosh, you’re such a kid.” He said as he took my hand and rested it at the side of the table.

 

“Like you’re not.” I replied and make faces to him and he just laugh. There’s a silent moment between us.

 

“So what are your plans afterwards?” he suddenly asked as he paused and looked at me.

 

“I don’t have any…why?” I’m curious because he had never asked me anything like that before.

 

“There’ll be a firework display at the waterfront tonight, and it won’t be fun if I watch it alone. There’s also night market at the end of the street later…I can take you there if you’d like to come.” Ha said with his eyes focused on my fingers. *He’s asking me out isn’t he?*

 

“Well… I..” I was about to answer but suddenly being interrupted.

 

“Soo Jin…oh, you haven’t finished with your manicure?” Mom came from the other side of the room, her nails were painted soft pink and it’s shimmering.

 

“I’m sorry Mrs.Kim…Soo Jin’s nails was just terrible so I had to make sure I fix them right.” Ren grinned at me after he told my mom.

 

“Ya…what’re you trying to say?” I bit my lower lips as I raised my eyebrow like asking Ren to have a fight. “You’re done? Where’s Soo Jung?” I asked and mom turns to look, more like peeking into the room.

 

“She falls asleep after her nails done and I’m going to take her home now but you’re still not done.” Mom said as she brings herself to sit at the table next to me.

 

“Uhm..Mrs. Kim,” Ren said with a pause; fixing his voice and then continued, “ Would it be okay if I bring Soo Min to the firework display later tonight? I’ll send her home afterwards.” He smiled, waiting for an answer. *What are you doing Ren?*

 

Mom’s eye widened and glowing hearing as she hear it, she turned to look at me with her hand holding the side of my arm and she smiled. She turns to look at Ren.

 

“Of course, why not? Soo Min doesn’t go out much at night; I guess it’s time for her to have a look around. Just please take care of her, would you?” Mom patted on my shoulder and Ren slightly blushed.

 

“I guess I better take your sister home, it’s nearly dinner time. Make sure you’ll be home before midnight okay?” mom stood up and was about to leave us and then Ren replied.

 

“Thank you Mrs. Kim.” Ren smiled, mom looked at us and she giggled; making her way to pick Soo Jung.

________________________________________________________________

 

We walk our way down the streets where the night market is. It spreads alongside the road heading towards the water front, not so far from the manicure saloon. Ren walks beside me with both hands in his sweater. It’s pretty cold that night and I cursed myself for not wearing thick enough.

 

“That’s pretty sneaky. Why don’t you just ask me out instead?” I break the silence between us after 5 minutes of silence and accompanied only by the rhythm of our footsteps.

 

“You think that this is a date?” Ren turn to look at me with a smirk.

 

“If it’s not then why did you ask my mom in a formal way?” I turn to face him but he just giggled looking down on the walkway bricks.

 

“Ahh…seriously…” I’m quite annoyed that he always teased me; making me feels like I’m all crazy about him. A sudden chill runs through me as the cold breeze brushed my cheek and blows my hair backwards. I felt the hair on my cheeks stand up upon greetings of the frigid air. I crossed my hands to rub off my shoulder; I blow my warm breath onto my palm and rubbed them to my cold cheeks.

 

Ren noticed my action and he took off his scarf and covered my shoulder. “You should wear something thicker next time.” He said as he wrapped the scarf around me.

 

“I didn’t know that I’m going out with you and I don’t have the ability to do weather forecast.” I told him as I get hold of the scarf, “Thank you, anyway.”

 

Ren smiled, pulling up the zipper of his sweater, probably felt cold as the breeze blows over him. While we’re walking a couple of guys rushed towards us with no sense of direction as they laughed and without a warning Ren grabbed my waist and pull me to his side. I turn to look at him, surprised by his moves but he just keeps a stiff face.

 

“Your mom asked me to take care of you and I’m just doing so.” He told me while wrapping his hand around me tighter. I just smiled with his action and we walked into the crowds.

 

“I can’t believe there’s so many people here…” I looked around as we pass by the stall selling tteok kkochi and kimbap.

 

“What did you expect? It’s a firework display, for sure there’ll be a lot of people.” Ren smirked.

 

“I’m just saying. Hey, you want some tteok kkochi?” I asked him as I tug his sleeve and dragged him over.

 

“Annyeong…What would these two lovely couple have for tonight?” the seller lady asked us.

 

“Oh…ahjumma, we’re not…” I didn’t get to tell that we’re not couples to the lady when Ren suddenly grabs my shoulder and hugged me close to his side.

 

“Uhm, we would like to have two tteok kkochi and two kimbap.” Ren ordered.

 

“Is that enough?” the lady smiles as he’s packs our order.

 

“Nae.” We both nodded in sync.

 

Ren pays for the food and the lady gives back the change; as she pass the money to Ren, “You two look so lovely together, have fun watching the fireworks.” She wishes.

 

*Ah, ahjumma you’re so nice…I wish that was true.* I sighed and smiled as we left the stall.

 

We walk through the crowds looking for the best seat. In the middle of the crowds, Ren grabbed my hand and dragged me to the other side, there are not much people there but there’s still a few park bench available. There are two couples sitting nearby, so I felt relief.

 

We sat at the bench and I slipped my hand off Ren’s grip, pretending to rub off my cheeks because I’m blushing.

 

Author's POV

Kris, Luhan, Kai and Sehun happens to be at the waterfront to watch the fireworks, they sat on top of the railings while joking around and trying to pick up on girls who passes by. Kai turned to look at the other side and saw Ren and Soo Min sitting at the bench. He patted on Kris's shoulder and making gesture with his pouty lips; showing where Soo Min and Ren sitting.

 

"Ya..that's the gay guy right? He's dating Soo Min?" Kai asked and Kris turns to look. He saw the two of them but he tries to just ignore.

 

"Ya, yah...the fireworks going to start any second...look...look.." Sehun announced and all of them focuses towards across the lake. Kris still feeling unsatisfied and he turns to look at both of them again.

End of POV.

 

“You’re still cold?” he asked me with concern as he put down the food at the other end. I just nod in reply and was looking around to escape his stare.

 

“Let’s eat while we wait for the fireworks to start.” He offered me the tteok kkhoci and I took it and have a bite.

 

“Emmm…this is just nice.” I closed my eyes as I was munching on it and enjoying the sweet spicy taste. I turn to look and Ren just smile, taking a bite of tteok kkochi off his skewer.

 

“It has been a while since the last time I went to a firework display…” I sighed and smiled taking another big bite off my skewer.

 

“Soo Min…” Ren called my name and I turn to look at him; he smiled and later giggled.

 

“What?” I asked him; still confused on his laugh.

 

“You have sauce on the side of your mouth…there…” he pointed, smiling. “You’re just like a little kid, getting all messy.” He giggled.

 

“Uh? Really?” I was busy looking around for something to wipe it off but failed. “There’s nothing can be use to wipe it, where’s the stain?” I asked him again as I’m trying to wipe my mouth with my hand but Ren grabbed my hand, stopping me from doing so.

 

“No, stop. Your hand will be sticky and it’s dirty.” He said, getting closer to me.

 

“No it’s not…” I was shocked as Ren dragged me closer and with another hand he lifted my chin and brings me even more closely to him. Seconds later his lips landed on the side of my mouth and his tongue swiped the side of my lower lips, wiping off the sauce. I gasp by his sudden move; he smirked against my mouth and he kissed the corner of my lips.

 

At that exact moment the fireworks starts and surprises me; quickly I backed up, biting my lower lips as I felt my cheeks are burning. I turn my gaze to the night sky, escaping the embarrassment and adoring the beautiful fireworks.

 

 

Kris's POV

I felt like I've been stabbed with a sword, more like my heart being cut open and stomped on few times. *What have i just witness? They're kissing? But why Soo Min? First it was Myung Soo and now Ren? That guy? This can't be. No." The questions run through my head and makes me felt like jumping into the lake at that exact moment.

 

*You'll get what you deserve...just you wait.* I try to ignore my feelings and focusing on the firework display.

End of POV

 

Ren’s POV

*What are you doing, pabo? Stop playing around and tell her the truth* my irritated conscience speaks. I’m not sure if I were to tell her about my feelings because I want to keep teasing her. I love the way she responded to my acts but after that she hesitates and just forget about it, but I know that she likes me too.

 

I do feel bad playing with her feelings but I need to wait for the right time to tell her. She looked so pretty in the dim lights of the fireworks sparkles and once in a while she catches a glimpse of me, watching her. I need to just wait a little more.

End of POV

 

______________________________________________________________

"We're going to ride this? And why did you wear your jacket like that?" I asked while Ren wears his helmet and put on his leather jacket the other way round. He turns to look at me and held my cheeks with both hands to keep my head still. He took another helmet from the backseat and put them on me.

 

"I don't own a fancy car...this is the only that I have." he said without any expression, probably annoyed.

 

"Ya...I didn't mean that way... I'm a little scared, this bike is..." I took another look at the fancy bike, the seat is rather slanting down towards the front. I covered my chest while Ren gets on the bike and is not looking, I swallow hard.

 

"You're not just going to stand there right? Or you want me to carry you up here?" he patted on the empty backseat as he giggled.

 

"I can get on myself..." I wonder where I should hold onto and Ren took my hand, placing my hand on his shoulder.

 

"Hop on, don't be afraid." he told me and I climb up. Later that I noticed Ren was laughing as he turned to look at me.

 

"Soo Min-ah, you're going to fall off if you hold onto that backseat bar." he said with a grin. Ren took my hands and wrapped them around his waist. I could feel the toned muscles on his abs through his sweater.

 

"This is why I wear the jacket backwards, so your hands won't get cold." he told me as he patted on my hands. I was so close to him that my s are leaning against his back. I hope he didn't say anything about it as I felt so embarrased that I'm clinging on his back like a baby sloth. After I'm comfortable, Ren sped off.

 

It was an awkward ride as I kept on sliding down on him everytime he hits the brake and I could feel my chest were pressed hard against his back. Much to my embarrassment, I think he's enjoying it as i can see him smiling through the side mirror. We reached home after a 15 minutes ride.

 

“Thanks for tonight..” Ren said as I return the helmet to him.

 

“You’re welcome…” I fixed my hair as it gets all tangled up by the wind.

 

“You’re cute.” He giggled and then he stoked my hair to help me fix it when he saw me struggling to get my hair back in place. “Thank you for spending your evening with me, watching the fireworks.” His eyes softened as he looks at me, pulling a cute smile at the corner of his lips.

 

“Oh, your scarf…” I was about to take it off but he stops me.

 

“You can return it to me later; it’s still cold out here.” He smiled.

 

“Thank you. So, I guess see you tomorrow at school?” I told him and he nodded.

 

“Good night.” He smiled and without hesitating I took a step towards him and gives a peck on his cheek. He looked at me with his eyes widened and then shyly smiled.

 

“Good night.” I smiled and quickly turned around; fasten my steps to get into the house before he could say a word.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm for the late update...I was so busy...hope you like this one, it's a short one but there's gonna be more in the next chapter.

Thanks for reading ^^