Jealousy strikes

Pretty Boyfriend of Mine ~ FULL VERSION ~

 

I dragged Myung Soo towards the group and starts introducing.

 

“Hey guys, this is Myung Soo.” I clutched on Myung Soo’s arm and noticed that Ren was looking.

 

“Hi, I’m Myung Soo.” He introduced and JR shook his hand.

 

“I’m JR…nice meeting you.” He smiled.

 

“Hey, I’m Aron”

 

“Hi..I’m Minhyun.”

 

“I’m Baekho.”

 

Ren just stare at Myung Soo and everyone is waiting for him to do the introduction. After a few seconds of silence; he shooked Myung Soo’s hand.

 

“Ren.” He smiled and then went back to his poker-face mode.

 

“So you guys are dating?” Aron asked, then he smiled awkwardly.

 

I looked at Myung Soo and he turn to look at me. Both of us just giggled.

 

“Ahhh…we get it, we get it. Soo Min is just lucky huh?” Baekho nudge on Myung Soo’s arm and Ren just stare like he could kill me any second.

 

“I guess we need to have our food quickly we don’t have much time left before recess ends. Myung Soo should join us

as well.” Minhyun invites.

 

“Thank you so much, I’d love to stay and have a chat with you guys but I’m running late for an appointment. Actually I came by just to have a look on Soo Min’s new school and friends. Since I have known with whom she’s hanging around with I’m pretty much happy. Soo Min-ah, I don’t want to interrupt your school session so I guess I see you later? I also need to settle on something before the place closed.” he glanced at his watch.

 

“Oh? But I thought you’d stay for lunch with us? Oh well…okay…I’ll see you later then.” I smiled at him.

 

Myungsoo smiled and then he gave a quick peck on my cheek; he smiled and left. I am flattered by his action because he used to do that when I’m down and he still member that it will cheer me all the time.

 

All they guys stared at me with a cheesy smile, like they have some kind of hidden agenda that is unknown to me. Ren gave me a deep stare and I had the feeling that he’s not happy with it.

 

“What?” I asked them as they stare at me with a grin.

 

“So…you’ve been keeping secrets from us?” JR smiled and raised one eyebrow.

 

“Secret?” I frowned and Baekho wiggled his eyebrows as he turn to look at me.

 

“You think we didn’t know that look on your face and those gestures you’re making? Ya…Soo Min-ah, Myung Soo is one lucky guy to have you y’know.” Baekho said as he sat down next to Ren.

 

“No…no, it’s not like what you think it is…actually Myung Soo, he’s…” I try to explain but Aron cuts in.

 

“Don’t deny it, it shows even you didn’t tell. We’re happy that you have someone to take care of you.” Aron smiled and patted softly on my shoulder.

 

“Oh…I need to go.” Ren stood up and left the table.

 

“So soon? You didn’t even have your lunch yet. Hey Ren, where are you going?” Baekho asked.

 

Ren didn’t turn to look; he walks straight and just raised one hand, the gesture telling us just not to bother about him.

 

“What’s with him? Is he always like that?” I asked the group.

 

“Only when he’s annoyed.” Baekho replied.

 

*Annoyed?*

___________________________________

 

The bus dropped us at the junction and we had to walk a few meters to reach our houses. JR hasn’t talk much on our way home, he keep on staring outside the window while on the bus.

 

“Oppa…is there something bothering you?” I purposely called him oppa, hoping to make him smile a bit. JR paused and turned to look at me; I can see a smile in the corner of his lips.

 

“Soo Min-ah…Myung Soo really is someone special in your life isn’t he?” he asked in a serious tone, just like a brother would do when he’s worried about his sister.

 

“Yes, he is someone special…just like you.” I smiled, cling on his arm and lean my head on him.

 

“Oh, good. I’m afraid that he might hurt your feelings one day, but if you say that he’s special, I guess that means he’s the right person.” he raised both eyebrows and smiled as he looked at me.

 

“Oppa, don’t get me wrong, he’s special but he’s…” I was to tell JR that Myung Soo is not like what he thinks but Soo Jung cuts in; she called from across the road.

 

“Unnie!!! Unnie! Come home quick! There’s a surprise! Hi oppa!!” Soo Jung waved at us from the other side.

 

“Go on, your little sister is waiting for you.” He smiled.

 

“Oh well, okay. See you oppa!” I waved and ran across towards Soo Jung who could not content her excitement jumping up and down, skipping along as I walk by.

 

“Unnie, you have to close your eyes first.” Soo Jung said as we reach the front door.

 

“Nae.” I closed my eyes. Soo Jung took my hand and dragged me inside. “Unnie can open your eyes.” She said.

 

“Myung Soo?” I was surprised to see him in the living room talking to mom.

 

“Honey, you’re home. Come have a sit.” Mom patted on the sofa next to her. Soo Jung ran towards Myung Soo and sat on his lap. He just giggled. I sat next to mom, facing him.

 

“Whoa…little Soo Jung have become heavier huh?” he teases.

 

“No I’m not.” She pouted and then later changed to sit next to Myung Soo, clinging on him.

 

“Well, Myung Soo is going to his cousin’s wedding this weekend and unfortunately his parents couldn’t come on business matter. Since he’s close with our family and both his parents are my best friends, I was thinking if it’s okay for him to stay here? He’ll be using the guest’s room.” Mom informed.

 

“Oppa staying here? Yay!” Soo Jung clapped happily.

 

“So, will it be okay with you? I’m sorry to burden you and auntie but your place is the closest to the event venue.

 

“I have no problems with it. How about you Soo Jung?” I asked my little sister.

 

“I like it if oppa stays longer. I missed Myung Soo oppa so much.” Soo Jung hugged his arm and he patted softly on her head.

 

“Great. We should go out for dinner later, I’ll call your dad.” Mom left to the kitchen.

 

“Omma wait…I wanna talk to daddy too…” Soo Jung ran off to the kitchen, leaving us in the living room.

 

“Uhm, Soo Min…can I ask you a favor?” Myung Soo looked at me in a rather serious impression.

 

“What is it?” I wonder.

 

“Hmmm…would you come to my cousin’s wedding with me?

 

“But…I don’t have anything nice to wear”

 

“Oh…That’s not going to be the problem…hold on a sec…” Myung Soo bent down and took out a paper bag from under the coffee table and hand it over to me. “You can wear that…” he smiled.

 

“But how did you know my size?” I take a peek into the paper bag; it was a violet halter dress with little details of sequins at the edges.

 

“I just know. I hope it fits you just nice.” He beamed.

 

“It’s so pretty, thank you.”

__________________________________

 

On the wedding day

 

“You look great.” Myung Soo smiled ear to ear as I stepped out from the car and he took my hand to walk beside him.

 

“But you look better than I do.” I complimented him as he’s wearing a nice suit.

 

“Just stay next to me. You can’t be far away from me, not especially when you’re looking so pretty like this because I’m not letting anyone hitting on you.” He told me and then he laughed.

 

“Yaa..” I hit softly on his arm. We entered the garden wedding area, just by the lake. Everything was basically in pale pink and white, nice and pretty. Myung Soo had his arm around my waist as we walk towards the tent where they prepared some refreshments and suddenly Myung Soo paused.

 

“Hey, it’s nice to see you here.” Myungsoo said to Ren, who’s standing right in front of us.

 

That is the first time I saw him wearing a nice suit and he look so handsome. Suddenly my heart flutters and I could feel blood rushing up on my cheeks. *Why does he look so good today? Wait…why he’s here?* I figured.

 

“So…you’re relatives of the bride or groom?” Myung Soo asked.

 

“Oh, uhm…actually, the bride is my brother’s friend, so yeah…nice to see you too.” He said with a stiff expression and then he turn to look at me.

 

“Uhm, I guess I need to check on our seating with the host…I’ll get back to you later.” Myung Soo left. We exchange glance with each other and I noticed that Ren turn to the other side and smiled.

 

“Ya…don’t try to make fun out of me. I know I don’t look as good as other girls here.” I told him and he smirked.

 

“Glad that you realize that.” He said sarcastically and then he giggled. I stared at him and bit my lips; Ren just smiled and he leaned closer to me, whispering, “You look pretty today.” He shyly smiled.

 

*What did he just say? Am I hearing things or did he just spoke an alien language to me?*

 

“Please don’t make fun out of me. I know I’m not.” I told him and he just laughed.

 

“When are you going to put your trust in me? I thought we’re friends?” he said as he cutely pouted without realizing that he did so and I found him really cute doing it.

 

“How can I trust you when all your words said to me are mostly sarcasm and…” Ren took my hand and smiled; he kissed the back of my hand and then looked into my eyes as he beamed.

 

Myung Soo’s POV

“Hey, I believe I haven’t seen you around before. You came here alone?” a girl in red dress asked as she twirled her hair with her fingers and biting her lips.

 

“Nope. I’m with my date, I’m sorry but I need to find the hostess. See you later.” I excuse myself and the girl looked rather annoyed that I ignored her.

End of POV

 

“You really are pretty and I say it sincerely from the bottom of my heart.” Ren said and I draw back my hand from his grip.

 

“You think I buy that?” I told him but he just smiled.

 

“It’s up to you and I say this once and will never gonna say this again.” Ren paused, as I turn, I saw Myung Soo heading  towards us.

 

“I’ve found the table and we need to get to our seats before the ceremony starts.” Myung Soo informed and without notice he grabbed my waist and dragged me alongside as we headed to the table.

 

It was a surprise when I saw Ren pull the chair next to my left side and seconds later Hyuna came to join us and sits across the table next to Myung Soo. It was really awkward to have these two at the table.

 

“Oh I see, so she’s your date?” she looked at Myung Soo as she asked and turn to look at me with a smirk.

 

“Uhm..Myung Soo, this is Hyuna, my classmate… Hyuna, this is Myung Soo, my…” I told her but she cuts in.

 

“Yea, yea I know. Well I didn’t know that you’d be here as well…” she told me as she sipped on the glass.

 

As the ceremony starts and the hostess gives her speech and later the father of the bride and as well as the groom gave their speech. In the middle of the groom’s father speech, someone joined us at the table.

 

“Uh..I’m sorry I’m late” Kris told Hyuna and she folded her arms as she pouted looking back at him.

 

“You’re late.” Hyuna told him.

 

*What the hell is going on here? Is the hostess purposely put all these people to sit here with me? Can’t these be more awkward?* I held my forehead thinking of it and later that I know Myung Soo had his hand around my shoulder.

 

“Are you okay?” he looked into my eyes.

 

“Yea..yea I’m okay..” I told Myung Soo. He turn to look at Kris and then he said;

 

“Well, it’s nice to meet you again old friend…” Myung Soo grinned and Kris just smiled bitterly.

 

“It’s a small world after all.” Kris replied.

 

Then the hostess announced the bride and father dance. No one spoke a word and it felt really weird. Everybody just look and stare at each other. After the hostess announced that the dance floor is opened to everyone, Myung Soo took my hand and dragged me to the dance floor joining others. He had his arms around my waist and another holding my hand and we danced to the slow music. At a glance I saw Kris and Hyuna were on the dance floor as well and I noticed that Hyuna stared at me like she’s going to kill me.

 

“I think someone is jealous…” Myung Soo whispered to me and then he landed his chin on my shoulder, “Just look at her…” Myung Soo dragged me to face Hyuna and Kris, Hyuna looked rather annoyed. Then he dragged me to the other side and keep on dancing.

 

“Is Kris in the same school as you are?” he asked and turn to look at me.

 

“Yeah…we’re in the same Judo class.” I told him and he looked surprised.

 

“Glad to hear that you continued your Judo practice, at least I don’t have to be worry about your safety because you’re definitely well trained.” He smiled and wrapped his hands around my waist.

 

“Soo Min-ah, did you noticed that there’s someone else who’s jealous of us?” Myung Soo spun me around to face Ren, who’s still sitting at the table and as I look at him he turns to look the other way.

 

“What do you mean by jealous? Ren?” I asked and he just giggled.

 

“Pabo…I can tell that he likes you. Why can’t you see it?” Myung Soo asked.

 

“Ren likes me? Haha..no way, we always pick a fight with me, there’s no way that he could’ve liked me.” I told him.

 

Myung Soo dragged me to dance nearby our table, as Ren turn to look; he purposely wrapped his hands around my shoulder and kissed my cheek. I can see Ren’s eyes widened as he saw Myung Soo kissing my cheek and later he left the table.

 

“Isn’t that too obvious?” Myung Soo whispered to my ears.

 

“What are you trying to prove? What if that’s just coincidence?” I told Myung Soo then he hugged me tight. We paused for a moment. I’ve lost my sense to react and just stay still.

 

“I really care about you and I can tell when other guy has feelings for you. Even though we’ve said it clearly that we’re going to be best friends forever, I just want you to know that you always have me when you need me and I’ll be there for you.” Myung Soo whispered to me and his words felt like shooting arrows straight to my heart. I don’t know how to react towards his words.

 

“Myung Soo-ah…” I lost my words. He looked into my eyes and smiled.

 

“Let’s go and have some drinks.” He took my hand and led me to the table. “Wait here, I’ll take the drinks for you.”

 

“Okay.”

_________________________________________

 

Ren’s POV

*Why am I here at the first place? Why do I have to witness all this? Why do I felt jealous seeing them?* I sat at the lakeside, just a few meters away from the tent.

 

“Hey, the event is at that side, what are you doing here?” Myung Soo asked as he helped himself sitting next to me and hand me the punch glass.

 

“Oh…just taking some air, it’s too crowded in there.” I replied then turn to look at the lake.

 

“Ya, I know that you liked her. Why not just tell her straight?” he asked and it was a shock to me that he could notice.

 

“What are you talking about?” I’m trying hard to hide my awkward gestures.

 

“Don’t deny it Ren. I know you liked Soo Min and I can clearly tell from the way you reacted.” He looked at me and smiled.

 

“But, wasn’t it…you and Soo Min?” I want to say the words but it seems so hard to say and Myung Soo just laughed.

 

“So, you think that I’m Soo Min’s boyfriend?” he asked.

 

“Yeah…it’s too obvious, the way you kissed her cheeks and held her in your arms and such.” I told him.

 

Myung Soo laughed and later he paused, looking to the other side towards Soo Min who’s sitting at the table alone watching others dancing on the floor and then turn back to look at me.

 

“She’s more like a sister to me and I can’t betray her trust even though I do like her. I treated her just like my sister, more like my other half. She had been hurt badly once and I don’t want her to suffer again. But if you really liked her and sincerely loved her, I have no objection. I hope you could make her happy.” He patted my shoulder and smiled.

 

“But how can you tell that I liked her and what makes you so sure about my feelings?” I asked him as he confidently said that I like that girl.

 

“It’s my conscience, and I trust it because I always get the right answer through it. Anyway she probably likes you too. Uhm…I better get back to her. Just think of what I’ve just said, you’ll find your answer soon.” He stood up and left to the tent.

 

*This guy is really weird.*

End of POV.

______________________________________________

 

 

“Sorry I’m late, here’s your drink” Myung Soo hand me a glass of fruit punch.

 

“Thanks.” I told him and he sat next to me. After a seconds i felt the urge to go to the toilet and excuse myself, "Uhm..I need to use the restroom. I'll be right back." I told Myung Soo and he nodded.

 

I went to the restroom and get my job done. As I’m heading back towards the tent and pass by the main building, someone grabbed my hand and pulled me aside.

 

“Yaaahh! What are you doing?” I turn to look and it was Kris.

 

“So, you’re happy that your beloved one is here huh?” Kris held both my hands and stared into my eyes.

 

“What are you talking about?” I asked as I struggle to escape his grip.

 

“Don’t you know that it kills me every time when I see him with you? Why does it always have to be Myung Soo?” he asked.

 

“Please don’t make me ruin this nice dress and kicked your . Let me go!” I told him and then Ren passed by and he paused.

 

“Ya! What do you think you’re doing?” he stand still and asked Kris with his poker face.

 

“Just leave. This is between me and Soo Min.” Kris told him.

 

“Let Soo Min go!” Myung Soo came out of nowhere and stood a few feet away from us.

 

“How great, it’s a love triangle now huh?” Kris said sarcastically as he looked at Myung Soo and Ren. He let me go and I head towards Ren as he was standing closer.

 

“You guys go ahead. I need to have this one-on-one talk with him.” Myung Soo said and Ren took my hand and dragged me away.

 

Myung Soo’s POV

“How many times did I told you not to mess up with Soo Min again?” I asked Kris but he just laughed.

 

“Why? You still can’t let her go huh? It’s none of your business anymore man, just wake up to the real world. She’s not your toy that you can keep playing with and you have no rights to stop me because I can do whatever I wanted to.” Kris said with much arrogant. I stepped close to him and grabbed his collar.

 

“Huh…you still think that you can win her? Dream on Kris. You better stay away from her, and remember, I will have my eyes on you.” I pushed him away and he fixed his shirt.

 

“How can you be so sure? Are you still regretting that you didn’t grab the chance to get into her pants while you can but you let it go and now you regret it that you can't do that?” Kris laughed and in that mean time I throw a punch on his abs that sends him to lean on the wall in pain.

 

“I’m not a cheap scumbag like you and I would never do that. This is my last warning, stay away from her or you’ll get what you deserve.” I told him and left.

End of POV

______________________________________________________________

 

“Where is he? I just hope that he’d be okay.” I turn to look, searching for Myung Soo. Ren looked at me and then he smiled.

 

“He really is someone special to you isn’t he?” he said as he stared at the bride and groom couple that still dance to the music and then he turn to look at me.

 

“Who?” I asked him as I lost track of what he’s talking about.

 

“Myung Soo.” Ren look at me still, waiting for an answer.

 

“Oh…yeah, he is one special guy. I used to like him a lot, more than a friend did and I also wished that there could be something between us but he didn’t even notice. I am more of a best friend and a sister to him. So I just keep it to myself, until today because I think it is better this way.” I turn to look at Ren, he did listen with all attention he could give. “I’m sorry that I told you my crappy story, I shouldn’t have.”

 

“Oh, it’s okay. Sometimes things are better left unsaid.” He smiled and patted softly on my hand and quickly draws it back as he saw Myung Soo walks towards us.

 

“Are you okay?” I asked him and I’m glad that there’s no sign of injury on him.

 

“Yeah, I just took care of something back there. Everything is okay now.” Myung Soo said as he comfortably sat next to me.

 

“Oh my god…you didn’t kill him did you?” I joked and Myung Soo just laughed.

 

“Can we just go? I think there’s nothing more to wait for here, the even has ended as well.” Myung Soo asked.

 

“I guess so…” I replied and then Ren stood up from his seat.

 

“Yeah, uhm, I think I’m going off too. See you at school tomorrow.” Ren said as he waved and left us there.

 

“Is he in a hurry?” Myung Soo asked.

 

“That’s Ren, incase if you want to know. That’s him being him.” We both laughed it off.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mianhe…jeongmal mianhe…I was so busy with work, school and stuff..I apologize for keeping you guys waiting so long..so here’s chapter 8…I hope you’ll like it.

 

And I'm sorry if it's kinda bored ~ I'll write better...><"