The Love & Hate

Pretty Boyfriend of Mine ~ FULL VERSION ~

I was running late and walked down the hallway in a rush, heading to class when Hyuna, Jiyeon, So Hyun and Hwayoung blocked my way. I stood still and they lined up in front of me.

 

“Move aside or else I’m going to be late for math class.” I told them but they just ignored me.

 

Hyuna took her step and starts circling me, staring deep into my eyes like a vulture circling its prey. She then smirked and took a step back, crossing her hands as she analyzing me.

 

“I don’t see what so unique or attractive about you Soo Min, you look just like a typical nerd that pretends to be the beauties that you’re not. I don’t get it why those boys are all on your side. Are you a witch or what?” she asked, the rest just laughed.

 

“Hyuna, I really don’t have time for your unimportant lecture.” I told her and she acted to look surprised. Once again she circles me.

 

“Why do you always trying to steal what’s mine?” she asked.

 

“I don’t even want anything from you, how could I be stealing from you? If I do steal anything, where’s prove? Like

anything that belongs to you matters to me. Tsk!” I rolled my eyes.

 

Hyuna was annoyed by my words and she tried to slap me but I manage to grab her hand and twist it to her back like a cop arresting a convict. All eyes were on us and then I said it to her ear,

 

“I don’t like to hit girls because that’s not a good manner, plus I don’t want to make it until you won’t recognize yourself in the mirror.” I let her go as I pushed her forward and just walk away and I could still hear her shouting my name.

 

“Yaaahhh!!!! Soo Min!! Aaaarrrgghh!!!” Hyuna screams as she stomped her feet like a little girl throwing her tantrum. Her friends tried to calm her down. I can see some other girls we smiling and laughing looking at her and some showing thumbs up to me.

 

Suddenly someone grabbed me by my shoulder from the back and I quickly grabbed the hand and ducked under the arm and twisted it to the back.

 

“Yaa..Soo Min-ah...stop it…stop it!! It’s me!! Aaahh..” Ren whined as I twisted his hand.

 

“Oh my God! Ren…I’m so sorry… are you okay? Does it hurt? Did anything broken? Gosh…I’m so sorry I thought someone’s attacking me…are you sure you’re okay?” I checked on him all over and he grabbed on my shoulder.

 

“Ya…calm down. I’m okay…just hurt a bit. Aigoo…if I didn’t know you I must’ve thought that you’re a guy.” He said as he smiled.

 

“Ya…you shouldn’t have done that…you’re lucky that I didn’t throw you forward on the floor.”

 

“That’s violence…” he replied.

 

“No…it’s self defense. Omo…we’re late for Mr. Lee’s class…he’ll totally freaked out!” I grabbed Ren’s hand and dragged him to class. As we reached class, everyone is already in…we’re late for 10 minutes.

 

“Ya! What do you think you’re doing?” Mr. Lee looked as us and noticed that our hand which is still holding each other. I quickly snapped my hand away and both of us bowed, apologizing to Mr.Lee.

 

“I’m sorry we’re late.” I bowed again.

 

“Go to your seats and pass up your work book that I asked you to do those homework on the weekend.”

 

We sat at our tables and then Ren busy searching in his bag. He paused for a moment and then turns to look at me with a shocked face.

 

“Don’t tell me that you didn’t bring my book too…” I told him and he nodded.

 

“Where’s your exercise book? Min Ki? Soo Min?” Mr.Lee pulled down his spectacles to have a better view on us.

 

“I’m sorry sir, I left it at home.” Ren told Mr.Lee.

 

“You, Soo Min?” he asked me, and before I get to answer Ren replied,

 

“I borrowed her book and I left it as well.” Ren said slowly.

 

“What? You should’ve passed it to me now. You two go outside and do the usual punishment. Now!” Mr.Lee ordered.

 

“But sir, she’s not at fault.” JR tried to defend me.

 

“They’re both late and didn’t pass up the exercise. Go, now!” Mr. Lee looked rather angry.

 

As I passed Hyuna’s table, she gave me that teasing glance and laughed with her friends. Mr.Lee followed us and ordered us to kneel on the floor with both hands raised up in the air.

 

“Stay there until I call you in.” Mr. Lee closed the door. It was a moment of silence then I started the conversation.

 

“I’m sorry.” Ren breaks the silence; he looked at me with a sad expression.

 

“Ya…you should’ve brought my book. You didn’t do the homework did you?” I turn to look at him and widened my eyes.

 

“Yah…don’t simply say things. I’ve done all the exercises…I really did forget.” He explained.

 

“You purposely dragged me into this didn’t you?” I whined.

 

“Why would I do so?” he asked.

 

“Because you’re always like that.” I told him and turn to look the other way.

 

“Ya! You think I would want to waste my time doing that to you?” he’s already annoyed and suddenly Mr.Lee opened the door.

 

“Yah! You two! I have already punished you and still you’re making noises and try to disturb your friends whose studying?” Mr.Lee had his hands on his waist and tapped his feet, showing that he could not content his anger anymore.

 

“He’s the one to blame, I’m just a victim.” I said to Mr. Lee and Ren stand up for himself.

 

“No sir, I honestly forgot. It’s not that I do it on purpose but she keeps blaming me.” Ren tried to explain but Mr.Lee doesn’t want to listen.

 

“You two get up now. Follow me to the principal’s office.” He ordered and walked straight ahead.

_________________________________________

 

In the principal’s office

“I have no idea what to do with you two.” The principal sighed and sat on his chair, scratching the side of his head.

 

“We’re sorry…” both Ren and I apologized.

 

“You know Soo Min…Min Ki…both of you were top students in class, but why is it that you two always cause this kind of problems? You had been to detention, even escaped from detention and did that detention again. It is rare for good students like both of you having such manners. I just don’t know what’s going on. What do you want to say for yourself? Huh?” principal asked the both of us. Ren starts to talk.

 

“We apologize for our behavior sir. We promise this won’t happen again.” Ren turn to stare at the floor.

 

“How about you Soo Min? What can you promise me?” principal asked me.

 

“Sir, we promise that we’ll improve on our grades and will never be in any trouble again.” I looked at him and he smiled.

 

“Very well, you two promised me and if I ever caught you again, you’ll not only be in detention, I might as well need to see your parents. Remember, I will keep my eyes on you. You can go now.” He said as he showed us the door. I didn’t talk to Ren after we left the office and we took the staircase to head back to class.

 

“Ya…are you okay? Say something...” Ren asked me.

 

I stopped at the last staircase before we reached the exit door. I turn to look at him and still, he’s waiting for an

answer.

 

“You want me to say something?” I asked him once again.

 

“I know you’re mad and I’m sorry. It’s not like I purposely make this all happens.” He tried to clear things off.

 

“I have no idea what’s wrong with you. What exactly is there in your mind? Last time I’m stuck with you in detention and you make us escape when Mr. Kim is out and even got me another detention. Now you’re making this excuse not bringing my book and left it with yours so that you can get me into another detention with you? Ya..Choi Min Ki…What are you trying to tell me here? Why you did all this to me? What have I done wrong to you? Did I…”

 

I didn’t get to finish my word as Ren suddenly grab hold of my cheeks and kissed my lips and he froze for a few second, then softly on my lips as to not let me say another word. I’m stunned by his sudden action and later he broke the kiss.

 

“We need to get back to class.” He told me as he turned around and walked ahead, leaving me frozen like a statue. He always did that…pretending as if he did nothing and just walk away.

__________________________________________

 

Class has ended and I had to get my stuff before I leave and as soon as I opened my locker, something cold and sticky splattered all over me.  A plastic cup had just fallen out from my locker and it hits my chest, the liquid in it smeared all over my white uniform shirt.

 

“Oh crap!” I looked around and there’s no one passed by. *! I totally gonna kill whoever did this.* I take a look on the cup and it’s actually blueberry smoothie from our cafeteria. I rushed my way to the washroom but I bumped onto Ren.

 

“Owh you surprised me!” I covered my chest to make it look least awkward. Ren frowned.

 

“What happened to you?” he looked straight at my chest where there’s some visible stain on my collar.

 

“Ya! Where are you looking at?” I crossed my hand over to cover my chest and he just laughed.

 

“Ya, Soo Min-ah…I’m not a ert okay. I’m just asking.” He smiled.

 

“Uh…someone put a prank on me. I have no idea.”

 

Ren took off his blazer and covered it over my shoulder and he took my hand, dragged me over to one of the empty classrooms.

 

“Ya..what are you trying to do?” I struggle a bit as I felt worried that he dragged me into an empty classroom. As we entered, he started to ed his shirt but before he could reach the fourth button, I stopped him.

 

“I don’t think this is necessary. Ren, are you out of your mind? What are you doing?” he looked at me with a smirk and continued to ed his shirt and then he took them off, leaving him with a white sleeveless top on.

 

“Take off your shirt. Now.” He told me as he leaned against the table behind him, looking straight at me with a naughty grin. Suddenly bad thoughts came into my mind. *What is he trying to do? If this morning he could just kissed me like that and leave, he could do something even more unpredictable. Does he have intention to do something bad to me?*

 

“You’re crazy!” I covered my body and he laughed.

 

“You wouldn’t want to go home looking like that right? Ya, I just want you to change your shirt and wear mine instead or else people would just laughed at you. Here, take my shirt…I’ll wait outside.” He hand me his clean shirt and took back his blazer and wear it. He left and closed the door.

 

Without any hesitation, I took off my stained shirt and wear his.*Gosh, why does he smell so good?* I smiled to myself and then walk out from the classroom. Ren waited for me outside and turn to look at me with a smile.

 

“I guess I have to walk you home as well.” He smiled and walked straight ahead.

 

We didn’t talk much while we’re heading to the school’s bus stop. Ren just stare at the ground as he leaned against the pole right beside me.

 

“Thank you for your help Ren. I’m sorry if I’m kind of rude with you earlier.” I told him and he turns to look at me with a smile on the corner of his lips.

 

“I also want to apologize, I always teased you and get you into trouble…and also make fun of you and such. I just can’t help it…it will be bored if we didn’t fight for a day.” He shyly smiled.

 

“Really?” I asked and we both laughed.

 

“I hope you don’t mind me walking you home because I need to stop by at JR hyung’s house to take my stuff.” He explained and at the same time the bus came.

 

“I’d be happy if you walk me home, especially in this kind of situation.” I step up the bus staircase and he followed.

 

When we reached JR’s house, Ren asked me, “Soo Min ah, are you still mad at me?” he asked and at the same time facing me, looking straight into my eyes.

 

“No. You’ve already said you’re sorry and I’m sorry too for everything. I do felt kind of silly when we always fight for nothing. ” I told him.

 

“Can we stop quarreling? I mean, I promised that I won’t tease you again and also hoping that from now we can be good friends?” he offered a handshake and I shook his hand.

 

“Okay. I promise you the same too but if we do fight once in a while, it’s not going to be a problem right?” I looked at him and he beamed as he grasped my hand smiled.

 

“Soo Min-ah…” he called my name and dragged my hand towards him. He whispered to my ear, “That kiss…I hope you doesn’t take it too serious, okay?”

 

My eyes widened as he said it and I turn to look at him “Ya! What do you mean by that?”

 

“I’m sorry!” he quickly let go of my hand and run for his life towards JR’s front porch and laughed his heart out.

 

“I hate you!” I walked across the road and just left. I still can hear him laughing but I just ignored him.

 

_________________________________________ 

 

That night Myung Soo came into my room as I was reading the book. He stood at the door and smiling as I turn to look at him.

 

“Can I come in?” he asked as he leaned against the doorway.

 

“Yeah, sure.” I closed the book that I read and waited for him to sit on the bed facing me.

 

“Soo Jung had just slept. She cried so hard just now, asking me to stay.” He smiled as he turns to look at me with those soft gazing eyes.

 

“She really missed you and in fact you’re her favorite person, even I got defeated by you.” I pouted and he just giggled.

 

“Yeah, I just missed those days…we used to go to school together, spend our weekends and vacations together…pretty much I’m missing those times, even we known each other for a short time but it felt like we’re family.” He looked out the window and smiled.

 

“Me too. I missed us too.” I told him and he turn to look at me with a slight frown on his face.

 

“You do?” he paused and smiled, “Soo Min-ah, I’m happy to see you happy and it means the world to me. Even if it’s hard for me when we rarely see each other, but now I can deal with it because I know there’s someone who can take my place.”

 

“What do you mean?” I frowned, I don’t quite get it.

 

“You’ll find out one day, there’s someone who cares about you more than I do and he will take care of you like I did. Trust me, he’s a nice guy.” He winked and then giggled.

 

“Myung Soo ya…”

 

Myung Soo took my hands and he hold them while looking into my eyes. He smiled and then he caressed my cheek with the back of his hand.

 

“You’re always being the one that I care the most and we had promised to take care of each other. What matters to me now is your happiness and I want to see you happy with the right guy. I will be there for you as I always did and now I don’t have to worry about you like I did before because I know you’ll find your happiness soon.” He leaned towards me; with his hand holding the back of my head, he kissed my forehead and he smiled.

 

“I’m going to miss you… a lot.” I hugged him tight.

 

“Me too.”

 

________________________________________

 

Myung Soo had departed back to Japan early this morning and I do felt rather sad but I’m glad that he’s happy. I headed to my locker to keep my books and Aron came up and greet me.

 

“Hey, Soo Min…let’s go for lunch.” Aron grabbed hold of my arms.

 

“Oppa, where’s the others?” I asked as I walk with him arm in arm.

 

“They’re at the table already. Ya, Soo Min, since when you make up with Hyuna? I thought you guys are rivals?” he replied.

 

“Make up? What are you talking about? I have never even talked to her. Did you ever see us talked in class? She hates me for sure.” I told him and he frowned, scratching his head.

 

“Really? But yesterday I came across Hyuna, she’s at your locker. I asked her and she said she’s helping you to take something from your locker.” He mentioned.

 

“What?” I started to freaked out knowing what actually happens. We reached the table where we usually hang at in the cafeteria.

 

“Yah…hyung, what are you doing?” Ren asked, looking at Aron who still had his hand around my arm.

 

Aron let go of my hand and just smiled at Ren. We both sat next to each other and Aron , “What? You’re jealous?” he wrapped his hands around my shoulder and wiggled his eyebrows at Ren.

 

“No way.” Ren making faces.

 

At the same time Hyuna and her gang passed by and looked at me and then they laughed. They sat right in front of our table.

 

*That …* I stand up to go to Hyuna’s table. “I’m going to buy my drinks.” I told the guys and they nodded. I purposely bought the blueberry smoothies and went to Hyuna’s table.

 

“Hey Hyuna…” I greeted her. The boys turn to look at me as I stood next to her with the smoothies in my hand.

 

“What do you want?” she rolled her eyes

 

“Oh nothing…I just want to say thanx a lot for the blueberry smoothies you bought me yesterday and I just want to treat you with one as well...here…” I splashed the smoothies on her uniform. She stood up and hysterically screamed while wiping off the stain.

 

“You! How dare you!!” she screamed at me and the whole cafeteria turned into silence.

 

“That’s for the prank you did to me yesterday, I really have a hard time getting the stain out y’know and oh, that’s also for breaking into my locker… I guess I just need to change the code now. Enjoy your smoothies.” I walk off to the table while Hyuna still stood there in embarrassment. The crowd cheers for me as I dare to do so to Hyuna, known as the famous annoying bish in school.

 

“You’ll pay for this!” Hyuna left as the crowd starts laughing at her. Her friends followed her as well.

 

“Ya…Soo Min, are you out of your mind? Min Hyun asked.

 

“Nope…I’m completely sane. She had embarrassed me more than that and I just can’t take it anymore. She deserves that.”

 

“You’re the first to do that to her. No one dares to fight back, they’d just forget about it but it’s not the same with you.

Gosh…you’re just awesome.” Baekho said to me and the rest nodded except Ren.

 

“You’ve just started war.” Ren said as he looks around, the rest in the cafeteria was focusing on me and busy talking.

 

“Well, I’m well prepared.”

 

_________________________________________________ 

 

As school ends, I walk down the pathway towards the gate and Ren catch up with me.

 

“Ya…Soo Min, wait!” he called as he’s slowly runs to walk next to me.

 

“I thought you had left.” I told him as he tried to catch his breath.

 

“We had a basketball team meeting just now.” He replied.

 

“You played basketball? Since when do we have basketball team?” I asked and he just giggled.

 

“Mr. Kim just informed the guys because there’ll be a competition between teams in our school. Winning team will be representative for the school level competition later.” He informed.

 

“I see…” I nodded.

 

“Soo Min-ah, are you sure you’ll be okay? I mean the thing with Hyuna and stuff kind of bothers me somehow. I’m afraid that she’d do something bad to you because she’s not a nice girl.” He told me with concern, I turn to look at him and I stop walking. I turn to face him and hold his cheek with both hands.

 

“Ya, Choi Min Ki…you don’t have to worry about me, I’m okay. Anyway I have you on my side right?” I pinched softly on his cheek and he frowned.

 

“That hurts…” he rubbed both hands on his cheeks and I just laughed. He blushed and joined the laughter. “I will try my best to protect you from harm, I promise.” He beamed.

 

“Thank you.” I replied and we headed to the bus stop.

 

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ 

I've reached 1022 views and have 48 subscribers for now and I'm so happy... I will try my best to update soon for all of you my lovely readers & subscribers ~~ enjoy the fic.. I LOVE YOU GUYS ~~~