The Secret

Pretty Boyfriend of Mine ~ FULL VERSION ~

“ Okay, since that we have reached chapter 7 this week on this subject, there’ll be a quiz for you guys next Monday. So please go home and read all the chapters because it’s going to be a tough one.” Mr. Lee announce and everybody whined and making sound.

 

“Silence! You should start studying now. Anyway, don’t forget to do homework from page 167 until 173. Thank you class.” Mr. Lee left as the period has ended. Then JR assisted him with his briefcase and files.

 

“Ahhh…I hate homework and quizzes.” Baekho scratched his hair and then landed his head flat on the table.

 

“Me too.” I said as I stretched myself to lean on the chair. I glanced at Ren on my left, he’s probably asleep with the earphone in his ears and he’s leaning against the wall on his side. *Lazy bum* that’s what came into my mind.

 

“This weekend going to be a bored one… I was just planning to go out and play with you guys but it seems that we have to stay home and study.” Aron said as he flipped the pencil in his hand.

 

“I want to go and play at the theme park… I hate math.” Baekho whined, still lying flat on his desk.

 

After a while JR came back into the class and headed straight to Ren’s table.

 

“Ya…Min Ki-ah…the principal wants to see you…” then he turn to look at me,

 

“You too Soo Min…now.” he then went to his seat.

 

*Uh..that was cold.* I stood up in sync with Ren, we looked at each other and then I walk myself out from the classroom and then Ren followed. As we walked, I suddenly stopped and made Ren bumped into me.

 

“Ya! Can’t you walk a bit more properly?” he said backing up a bit from me.

 

“Then who asked you to follow me so close? Ya…if this call is regarding the detention, I’ll never going to forgive you.” I told him but he pulled his poker face. I turn to walk but then I stopped once again as another guy stood still right in front of my face.

 

list-top-10-most-attractive-foreign-k-po

“Soo Min?” Kris said as he analyzed my face.

 

“Er…uhm…” I lost my words. I can’t even move seeing him standing there before me. Without a warning, Ren grabbed my hand and dragged me away.

 

“I’m sorry, but we can’t be late, the principal is waiting for us.” He told Kris and just dragged me away. I turn to look and Kris was still standing there, looking at me.

 

“Thank you.” I told Ren and he let go of my hand. He didn’t say a word and we headed straight into the principal office.

 

“I’ve been expecting you two…Choi Min Ki…Kim Soo Min… Hmm…you both are bright students; I wonder how you could get yourself into detention. I got a report from Mr. Choi saying that you left detention class while he’s away?” he stare at us, pushing his spectacles down to his nose.

 

“Yes. But sir, we didn’t leave on purpose…actually we’re…” Ren didn’t get to finish his sentence because the principal cuts in.

 

“Don’t expect me to believe in your nonsense. Since that Mr. Choi reported this and your action is actually against the rules, I have to double your punishment. Four hours of detention on Monday.” The principal said in a serious and firm tone.

 

“But sir, Monday…” I try to explain the actual thing happened but he won’t listen.

 

“No use to appeal for the punishment. Just make sure you go for that detention or else I might have to send a warning letter to your parents. Understood?” He looked at us as if he’s going to take our soul out. Just like a reaper.

 

“Yes sir…” both of us replied slowly and look down the floor.

 

“Now go back to your classes.” He pointed to the door and we make our way out. I don’t even say a word because it’s all his fault that I get into this mess.

 

Ren had already walk far ahead of me, as I reach the hallway junction someone grabbed my hand and dragged me to the other side, pushing me to lean against the wall.

 

“What the…” I turn to look and it was Kris. He had both his hands on my shoulder and pinned me still to the wall.

 

“I knew it was really you.” He said and then he hugged me. The feeling was overwhelmed at that moment but I just froze  in that moment. “I never thought that we could meet again.” he still held me in his arms.

 

Then suddenly the recess bell rang and from afar there’s sound of students rushing through the hallway. I break myself from his hug and was about to escape but he manage to grab my hand.

 

“I will make sure that I didn’t lose you again this time Kim Soo Min.” he sounds serious but I just ignore his words and walk away.

 

----------------------------------------------

Recess time, at the table…

 

“Ya, what actually happened to both of you?” Aron said breaking the awkwardness, normally we would talk and play games at the table but there’s too much happening in one day that makes me turn into silent mode.

 

“Hey…what actually happened in that detention? It’s just the two of you right? Did you guys do something in there?” Baekho starts assuming on things. He smiled as he turned to look at Ren, wiggling his eyebrows.

 

“Ya hyung! Stop giving me that ert look! Nothing happened, okay.” Ren said as he pushed Baekho away from him.

 

Ren’s POV

*What’s wrong with her? She didn’t even say a word after meeting that guy? Who is he?* my heart wonders as I looked at Soo Min who slowly sipping on her bottle of chocolate milk, seems like there’s something playing in her mind. There must be something between him and her, but why do I have to bother? Why do I have to worry?

End of POV

 

*Why do I have to be in the same school again with Kris? I thought it was the end for us back in Canada. Now how am I going to avoid him since I’m going to spend years seeing him in this school? I got to do something, I have to.* Then Minhyun wake me from my reverie as he waved his hands right in front of me.

 

“Soo Min…are you okay?” Minhyun looked at me with concern. I turn to look at him and just nodded.

 

“I’m sorry guys…it’s just that too many things going on today.” I told them.

 

“Mind to share? We’re your friends, you can tell off your problems and we can help if we could.” JR told me as he patted on my hand. I noticed Ren looking.

 

“No it’s okay…I think I could handle this on my own.” I told them, I don’t want to share as I don’t want them to get involved.

 

“Well, you can tell us anytime when you’re ready or if you’d like to share with us…hey, we better make our move, class will start in five minutes.” JR said and we make our move to class.

 

Author’s POV

Kris just stares at the table where Soo Min and the gang sat. He just observed from far. He can’t believe that he ever get to meet Soo Min again, there’s a lot of things he wanted to make it clear to her as he felt he had done wrong to her. He owes so many things with her and he didn’t get to say what he wanted to before he left. If only he could get her to listen to him for once but she’s so hard to get hold of.

 

“I’ll just wait for the right time Soo Min...” He said and then left to class.

End of POV

___________________________________________________

I went back home and discovered that mom, dad and Soo Jung had left to visit uncle Tablo. I took off the note from the fridge door saying…

 

“We left to visit uncle aunt Hye Jung, she had just given birth. I have left some money in your drawer if you need anything. We might be home by tomorrow.

Love, 

Mom”

“Great…” I sighed, then help myself with a can of soda and sat by the counter. Then someone knocked on the door. It was Ms. Kim. I greeted and bowed to her, “Oh…omonim…please come in.” I show her to the seat.

 

“I’ve just been informed by your parents that they’ve gone to visit your uncle and might be home by tomorrow. I just want to invite you to come over for dinner as we’re having family dinner at home tonight…it would be great if you could like to join us.” She said as she looked at me with much love and sincere.

 

“Oh…um, I’d love to but I need to study for our test and I don’t want to be such a burden to you to have to make extra dinner for me. I can cook for myself.” I told her but she just smiled.

 

“Don’t be silly dear, you’re already like my own daughter, and you can come over to study with JR…he’d love that too.” He said with hope for me to come over. I just can’t say no to her because she was so nice.

 

“Well okay…but I need to get clean up and I’ll come over with my books later. I’m sorry if I’ve troubled omonim for this.” I bowed to her.

 

“Don’t be sorry…just come over later okay.” she caressed my hair softly, and I can see her eyes glowing. 

 

“Uhm… I better get back now. Don’t forget to come okay?” she reminds me.

 

“Yes ma’am.” I bowed to her as she left.

____________________________________________ 

 

That evening I went over to JR’s but he’s not at home. I help Mrs.Kim to prepare the dinner.

 

“I’m glad that you finally come over. I’m so happy that you would join us for dinner.” She said and she beamed.

 

“ Where’s JR?” I wonder.

 

“Oh, he went to pick up some books and meet his friend. He’ll be back before dinner.” She mentioned. “Oh, Soo Min-ah, can you please reach that black soy sauce on the top shelve for me? I told JR to put thing on the lower shelve because I couldn’t reach them but he still put it up there” she told me as she pointed to the top shelve of the cabinet.

 

“Uhm… I might need to step on the chair…”I told her as I have tip toed and couldn’t reach it.

 

“It’s okay, go ahead but becareful.”

 

“Nae.” I said and step on the chair, as I grab on the bottle it slipped but I managed to catch it in my arm but the sauce spilled on my shirt as it was stored in the dispenser. “Oh..mianhe omonim…I got it spilled, I’m so careless.” I come down from the chair and bowed to her repeatedly. She took the bottle from me and asked me to go clean up.

 

“It was just an accident; you need to get that clean with soap before the stain stays. Just go up to the second room from the stairs on your left, that’s the guest’s room. You can clean up in there.” She told me and I help myself up to the room.

 

I went straight to the bathroom and get cleaned up.

 

Author’s POV

“Thanks hyung for having me over. I really need your help to study on this subject. I just can’t study math on my own.” Ren told JR as they reach the house porch.

 

“It’s nothing. Ya, it’s not like we’ve just met yesterday…we’ve known each other for years and now my house is yours as well. Just make yourself at home okay.” JR told him and both of them get inside. “Mom! I’m home..” JR announced his presence.

 

“Oh..hyung, I need to use your bathroom.” Ren told him.

 

“Can you please use the guest room’s toilet, mine is a bit mess. Just go up, second room from the stairs on your left.” He informed and makes his way to the kitchen while Ren headed upstairs.

End of POV

 

“Yaassshhh...this is just a total mess…the stain gotten worst.” I murmured, taking of my shirt and left me with my bra, the stain got on it as well. I scrubbed on my bra, just enough to not get it all wet and wash off the stain and it slowly faded. *What a relief* I sighed.

 

As I wiped up the wet part on bra with the hand towel, the door knob turned open. With my hand still on the bra, I turn to look and it was Ren, standing still right in front of me like he had been hypnotized and his eyes widened. I then noticed that his eyes were focusing on my s and at that exact moment I screamed as he had witnessed my half body and quickly I covered my chest as it was exposed clearly to his eyes.

 

Quickly I ran over towards him and pushed the door closed. *It’s all over…he had seen my precious treasure…I’ve been by his eyes…auughh…otteokae?* I leaned against the door and looked at my chest and then covered it as I felt so ashamed.

 

Ren’s POV

*I did not just saw Soo Min half before my eyes. It’s beyond my imagination. Her soft skin…and her s? Omo…* “Yah..Min Ki…get hold of yourself.” I slapped myself, just to not think of it. My heart raced like crazy as I recall seeing her chest, her soft supple chest. This is my first time seeing a half girl like that. Then I felt something warm flowing down from my nose. I wiped on it and it was blood. *Oh damn.*

 

Then JR hyung came rushing into the room looking at me with surprised.

 

“Yah..what happened? Your nose? Is Soo Min still in there? Did she punched you hard?” he look worried but I still stood there,still in awe and still in disbelief.

 

“Soo Min?” JR hyung knocked on the door. Then I heard Soo Min said “I’m not going to come out now! Please leave…I’ll be down later. I’m sorry!”

 

“What had just happen Ren?” he turned to look at me, confused. Then he replied to Soo Min. “Okay, just make sure you came down okay.” JR hyung looked at me and hand me the tissue. Then he went back to the door.

 

“Soo Min-ah, if you need to change, there’s some shirt in the drawer, I’ll lock the door on our way out okay?” he told her and she replied short, “Nae!”

 

“What on earth happened to you? You need some ice. Come lets go” JR hyung assisted me downstairs.

______________________________________________ 

 

At the dinner table I just keep silent, I didn’t even dare to look at Ren as I felt so embarrassed. I didn’t notice that I’m blushing off as I felt so ashamed. I just can’t forget his reaction looking at me that way. Ren didn’t talk that much either.

 

“Honey, you’re face...is the food too spicy for you?” Mrs.Kim asked.

 

“Uh…no. I just…” I didn’t get to explain when JR spontaneously pour the iced water into my glass.

 

“Maybe you’re just feeling a little hot by the soup. This could cool you off.” He said then turned to look at Ren.

 

“It’s good to have dinner like this once in a while. Ren is also like our second son.” Mr. Kim mentioned and Ren just nodded and smiled.

 

“Don’t feel shy Soo Min, you’re more like our daughter since JR is your friend. Don’t hesitate to ask if you need help, our door is always open for you.” Ms. Kim told me and Mr. Kim nodded in agreement to his wife’s say.

 

“Mom, dad…just let us do the dishes later. You guys just relax and have a rest.” JR proposed.

 

“Oh, the ice-cream shop is still open right? Why not we go grab some ice-cream for the kids?” Mr. Kim suggested.

 

“That’s great.” Mrs. Kim answered.

 

After Mr. and Mrs.Kim had left, I helped Ren to do the dishes while JR took out the trash. Ren who’s washing the plate paused then turn to look at me.

 

“I’m sorry. I didn’t know you were in there.” He said then turned to do the dishes.

 

“It was an accident. I should’ve locked the door.” I said, wiping up the plates.

 

“I…” ren was about to say something but I cut in.

 

“Whatever you have just witnessed…please, just forget it. Erase that from your memory. It wasn’t supposed to happen. Never.” I told him straight. I just don’t want him to explain what exactly he had just seen. Then JR came back in.

 

“Hm…things are getting weird between you two these days. Is there something going on that I have no knowledge of?” JR asked as he helped himself to sit on the kitchen counter, facing us.

 

“Nothing.” I told him. I turn to look at Ren and he nodded and then I turn back to look at JR and he smiled.

 

“Well okay, if you say so. Now let’s get things settled before mom and dad gets home.”

 

 

--------------------------------------------- 

 

Later that night, after had finished studying, Ren went outside as he received a call from his dad. I looked at JR who’s busy checking on the answers and there’s something that I really wanted to ask him about.

 

“Can I ask you something?” I asked him and JR paused; he smiled and closed the book in his hand.

 

“What is it about? We had just finished, is there something else that you’re not clear with?” he look a little concerned on the subject matters.

 

“No, it’s not about math. May I know why you are being so nice to me?” still, I looked at him, waiting for answer. He looked at me with his cute dimples shown on his cheeks.

 

“Why? Did you felt uncomfortable with it?” he asked with a frown.

 

“No…it’s just that I have never been treated so nicely by a family like yours and especially a friend like you who is so concern and protective about me. We’ve just been friend and I have just moved here less than two month and it felt like we’ve known each others for years. I’m just curious.” I let it all out.

 

“Come with me.” He pulled me up to stand and grabbed my hand, dragging me upstairs, heading towards a room. The door was pink in color. JR turned the door open and we entered. The room smells sweet and everything was in its place nice and neat. JR led me to the dresser and there’s a picture of a girl in a single frame and another one is a family picture.

 

The girl has long dark-brown hair just like mine and she’s smiling brightly. As I looked closer, she does look similar like me. I turn to look at JR, he just stood there gazing at her pic.

 

“She’s…?” I was about to ask and he answered.

 

“She’s my twin sister and she died a year ago because of leukemia. My parents loved her so much that they felt hard to let her go, that’s why we still keep her room as it is and had never let anyone to use it. But since we met you and your family, it felt like as if we still have her around because you look just like her, your voice and your attitude…it’s like a perfect resemblance. That’s why mom felt so happy when you come around. She felt like looking and talking to her when she’s with you.” JR told me, and I can see tears in his eyes. Quickly I hugged him.

 

tumblr_m4luqnq0kT1qheyhqo2_500.jpg

“I’m sorry for asking…and thank you, thank you so much. Now I have a twin brother huh?” I let go of him and he smiled. “So we’re like brother and sisters now? Soo Jung really likes you a lot. So now she can call you her oppa? So can I right?”

 

“Ya, why do I have to be your oppa? We were the same age.” He said as he wiped the corner of his eyes.

 

“Because you were born in June, I was born in July.” I giggled. “I’m so grateful to have a friend like you. It’s good to know that you think of me as a sister because I would love to have someone like you as a brother.”

 

“Well we better get downstairs or else Ren would freak out, he’s a scary cat.” JR told me.

 

“He is? No wonder…” I said and JR turn to look at me with a frown.

 

“Huh? Did anything happen?” he asked but I just simply answered “Nothing.”

_______________________________________________ 

 

It was late night that I suddenly woke up from sleep. It’s a little warm and I felt rather uneasy. Then the thought of JR’s sister came to my mind but it wasn’t a scary thought. I glanced at the clock and it was 2.00 am in the morning. I help myself going downstairs and sat down on the sofa in the living room.

 

From the staircase I heard the sound of tv turned off and then saw JR’s father heading towards the stairs. He stood still, frozen like he had just seen a ghost.

 

“Owh! You scared me Soo Min…how can you be so discreet?” he rubbed his chest, probably surprised seeing me standing still on the staircase as I had her daughter’s white night gown on.

 

“I’m sorry but I can’t sleep. Can I watch the tv for a while? It really helps me to get sleepy.” I asked his permission.

 

“Oh, sure. Would you be okay watching alone? I’ve just finished watching a game.” He informed.

 

“It’s okay, I’m not scared. Anyway I can just ran upstairs if I do felt so.” I smiled.

 

“Very well. Don’t stay up too late okay. I’m going in. Good night.” He tole me and climb up the stairs. I went down to the living room and the tv, a moment after that I didn’t realized that I had fallen asleep on the sofa.

_____________________________________

 

Author’s POV

 

Ren woke up as he felt like going to the bathroom. After he is done, he woke JR up to accompany him downstairs as he felt like drinking a glass of water.

 

“Hyung…hyung, wake up. Aisshhh.” JR had fallen into a deep sleep. Hesitating, Ren slowly went downstairs with much carefull, then he heard the tv was on and decided to have a look. The light was , so does the tv, but there’s no one there.

 

“It can’t be?” he got goosebumps just to think of it. “Yah…there’s nothing to be scared of…” he told himself. Ren took a glance from the back of the sofa and saw Soo Min, falling asleep on the couch. He turned the other way to face her and that moment he froze, looking at her from head to toe. Soo Min slept just like a baby, slightly curled up on the sofa, with one hand rested under her chin.

 

 Ren knelt down beside her, analyzing the beautiful form of God’s creation lies before him, soundly asleep.

End of POV

 

Ren’s POV

*She’s so pretty from a closer look with her soft hair and beautiful lips.* my heart beats faster and when I get myself closer to her I could smell her. She had the scent of peach and baby powder. I can’t help myself as I felt a sudden urge to kiss her.

 

And at that moment all the thoughts of JR hyung being so nice to her most of the time that makes me wonder does he likes her? And the guy she came across at school, do they really know each other? This makes me worry, before I lose all the chance there is, I might as well take the advantage, just to know how she really tasted like.

photo176659.jpg

I bent closer, carefully controlling my breath as I don’t want to wake her up and seconds after that, I had my lips landed on hers. Her lips felt so soft against mine and it draws me to really kiss her this time. I kissed her lower lips and after a moment I felt her lips moved and the second I know her eyes are wide opened and focusing on me. *Oh my God...I'm dead.*

 

End of POV.

 

I had a dream of a guy kissing me but I could not see him. It was like in a very dim light but the kiss was so sweet that I would not want to wake up but I suddenly woke up and saw Ren was up in my face, so close that I actually can feel his lips brushed against mine. I was shocked to see him but I was confused, did he just kiss me? Why would he kissed me?

 

Ren backed away and quickly stood up. He looked as surprised as I was supposed to be and then he just left, going up the stairs. I touched my lips and it does felt warm. I got all fuzzy inside and it got me thinking, why would he do so if he had just kissed me just now? Doesn’t he hates me? We would quarrel every single day and annoyed each other most of the time but what had just happened makes me more confused. I head up back upstairs, still with the thought in my mind, what has got into him?

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

I'm sorry this took me quite a while to get it done ><"...I really hope that you'll love this chapter...please do let me know if it bores you or what...do leave your awesome comments as well ~

 

i'll be back with the next chapter a.s.a.p..thanx for reading !!!