The handsome neighbor

Pretty Boyfriend of Mine ~ FULL VERSION ~

 

I lay down on my new bed with my hands spread wide, swiping up and down the sheets, enjoying the feel of new things. I love it so much to the fact that I’m too lazy to get everything organized yet. I stare at the wall of bright pink in which the color that I hated so much but had eventually come to like it.

 

I missed school, friends, and the neighborhood. I missed Canada even though I only live there for only two years. I pretty much hated this new place because I’m getting tired of moving around so many times but dad say this time will be the last and we’re going to be a permanent residence. That’s great, well at least we don’t have to be like pilgrims back in the days.

 

“Aigoo..Soo Min-ah. Why haven’t you clean up your room yet? Why are you like this? Even Soo Jung can clean up better.” Mom pushed me aside so she can sit on my bed, right next to me.

 

“Mom…” with an annoyed tone I bring myself to sit, still pouting. “Soo Jung is different, she’s only eight and most of her stuff will be arranged by you. I will get my stuff on its place later.” I look down, playing with my fingers.

 

“Are you sulking on me? Honey, I know this is hard for you, but you’ll get over it soon. I also missed our home, friends and all but this is the best for both of you. You girls are the only treasure that we have and we need to make sure that you get the best.” Mom slipped her fingers through my hair and tucking it behind my ears.

 

“Hmm…” I sighed. I’m sorry mom, I was just a little upset. I will get use to it soon.” I look at her and smiled. Mom’s frown turned to bright smile as told her so.

 

“Now, get yourself ready. We have a dinner invitation from Mr. and Mrs. Kim, our friendly neighbor across the road.” Mom said as she patted on my shoulder.

 

“Mr. & Mrs. Kim? What a coincidence huh?” I smiled and at that same time my little sister came into the room.

k09Kim_Soo_Jung.jpg

“Mom…do we have to go to that dinner?” she asked as she slowly climbed up my bed and sat in front of me.

 

“Yes dear, why did you asked?” mom fixed her fringe, the usual gesture mom will do.

 

“Uh..em..it’s just that I have nothing good to wear? Only Soo Min unnie have all the nice dresses.” she pouted, crossing her hands.

 

“Ya, we’re not attending any award ceremony or party…it’s just the neighbor’s house.” I told her.

 

“I’m not pretty like unnie…so I have to dress up better…” she said with a jealous look and raised one eyebrow.

 

“You both are pretty. Enough with your nonsense…let’s go, unnie need to get ready, so do you.” Mom carry Soo Jung and left my room.

 

“Huh..what to expect? It’s just a dinner anyway.” I told myself and make my way to the bathroom.

 

___________________________________________________________________

 

The dinner

 

We were invited warmly by Mr. and Mrs. Kim. Their house was neat and nice and I love how the pictures were hanged on the wall. Mrs. Kim sat the dinner table like the fine dining, with details and lovely silverwear.

 

“Please do make yourself at home.” Mrs. Kim said as she vanished into the kitchen.

 

“Let me help you.” Mom offered and followed her. Dad were busy talking about business with Mr. Kim. I looked at Soo Jung who sat nest to me and she shrugged.

 

“Sorry I’m late.” The voice breaks the awkwardness.

 

My eyes widened as I was surprised to see this handsome guy stepped into the dining room. I turn to look at Soo Jung and her eyes were glowing, she pulled my sleeve and I bent slightly at her as she whispers.

 

“He’s handsome.” She said and then brightly smiled. Even though she’s just eight, but her thoughts were just like 18 years old. I nudge softly on her arms and she slapped back on mine but she smiled as she got her eyes on that guy.

 

“Where have you been?” Mrs.Kim said as their son makes himself comfortable sitting in front of me. He just smiled and turn to look at Mrs.Kim as he replied.

 

“I’m sorry, it’s just that we had to finish up on the school’s project.I’m sorry.” He apologized.

 

“Oh, Mr. and Mrs. Kim, this is our son Jong Hyun but friends called him JR. I believe he’s the same age as your lovely daughter.” The father introduced.

 

“It’s rather awkward with introduction as we have the same family names. Jong Hyun, this is my daughter Soo Min and Soo Jung. I hope you guys can get along well.” JR bowed and I followed, slightly bowing as well. Jr turn to look at me and smiled, at the same time I felt kind of weird inside. I guess I like this guy.

 

“So let’s have our dinner then…” Mr. Kim announced.

____________________________________________________________________  

 

After the dinner, mom and dad thanked Mr. and Mrs. Kim for the lovely dish and they even packed some desserts for us.

 

“It’s a lovely dinner. Thank you so much and I’m sorry I need to tuck this girl in already.” Mom said as she had Soo Jung in her arms because she had fallen asleep.

 

“You’re mostly welcome.” Mrs. Kim replied.

 

“We better get going.” Dad said and I bowed as we’re leaving. We walk across the street to our home which is not far. As we reached home, mom send Soo Jung straight to bed and dad went into the living room. I turn the door knob to lock but at the same time someone knocked on the glass frame. I was surprised and pull the curtain to see who it was. It’s JR.

 

“Oh...you surprised me.” I told him as I opened the door and he just smiled, showing his teeth. In that sudden my heart flutters and beats faster. *What's going on here?* i questioned my self.

 

“Sorry to interrupt but I believe this belongs to your little sister?” he hand me Soo Jung’s sweater. Mom must’ve left it when she carried Soo Jung. I took it from him but he didn’t yet let go.

 

“We didn’t get to talk yet, but I hope I can see you around sometime soon? It’s nice to get to know you.” He let go of the sweater and had one hand rubbing the back of his neck. He seems shy but he’s just cute.

 

“Yeah...of course. Thanks anyway. It’s nice to get to know you too.” I smiled as I fixed my hair, I’m rather nervous actually.

 

“I better get going. Well…see you around. Bye.” He took a few steps back and waved at me and the turned away, slightly running back across the street.

 

“Bye.” I waved as well and he already reached his door. He turned to look again, waving once more and get inside.

 

“He really is cute.” I smiled as I get back inside and closed the door.

 

“Who was that?” dad asked as I passed by the living room.

 

“JR.” I answered short and make my way upstairs.

 

“You seems to like him huh?” dad teased me and I took a few steps back down and tilted my head to look at him.

 

“Do you approve?” I raised my eyebrows and dad just laughed.

 

“Just go to bed Soo Min.” dad ordered and I just laughed my way to my room. I lay down on my bed and still smiling.

 

“It’s not that awful as I thought it would be. How lucky to have a handsome neighbor who live just across the street. I got up and went to the window to take a peek at his house. I just smiled as I know that every day I can look at the window just to see him pass by or maybe waved at me.