Chapter 2

Destiny? or Scripted?

 

 

 


 

 

DARA's POV

 

As I was on my way to the restaurant, i can't help but smile as I remember my conversation with Seunghyun before.

 

(FLASHBACK)

 

"Hi, I'm Sandara Park. Nice to meet you." I greeted him and offered my hand for a handshake.

 

He stared at me from head to toe first as if assessing me. "Hi. I'm Choi Seunghyun. Nice to finally meet the person who have contacted almost all of my friends." he laughed softly then shook my hand.

 

We took our seat as the waiter put two glasses of water on our table. Then, the staring began. It was like I came for an audition and he's the judge. He once again stared at me from head to toe. A lot of people are telling me that I'm too cold, well, except for Bom, ofcourse.She's the only one who knows what I'm really like. But his stares seems like melting the ice I've built out me. True! I'm getting hot with embarassment at his stares. Why is he staring at me like that in the first place? Damn! I must not let him show how embarass I am right now. Back to poker face.

 

"Ahm-".

 

"You should dress more fashionable, you know. Your choice of fashion right now makes you look older. And what's with the glasses? I can totally see that your eyes are not dull. I know that you're an accountant but seriously, no need to show it off. You won't be able to find a boyfriend, you know." he smirked and continued to stare at me.

 

'What the? Are we close? And how was he able to know that I'm an accountant? and most of all, he need not to concern himself about me finding a boyfriend!

 

"My friends whom you contacted told me some things about you," he said as if reading my thoughts, emphasizing the word CONTACTED.

 

I'm beginning to loose my composure. The ice I've built is melting. I've dealt with so many people before and almost all of them are men. I was fine dealing with them. But what's with him? I seem to be lost for words. He's really blunt. He somehow reminds me of someone.

 

PARK BOM!

 

"I'm sorry but, its not any of your concern if my fashion sense is not good and most importantly, you don't have to concern yourself whether I will have a boyfriend or not." I said coldy. Take that, huh!

 

"Oh, feisty. So, I'm right. You really don't have a boyfriend," he smirked again. I'm beginning to hate that smirk! Grr.

 

BOM! You should really thank me for this. You should even treat me around the world!

 

"So, what if I don't have one? And, do you even have a girlfriend? What's with the mint blue hair, tight jeans, eyeliner and omo, you're covered with make-up! Aren't you gay?" I shot back.

 

Then, he laughed. I was shocked at my outburst then the ice I've built out of me completely melted. I began to laugh too.

 

"That's more like it. You look prettier when you smile," he said. He stopped laughing and stared at me again.

 

I felt heat run into my cheeks and became speechless.

 

"So, why did you want to see me? You've contacted almost all of my friends. I presumed that this would be something important," he said.

 

Oh! how will I say this? Aigoo! I haven't thought of a good way to say this to him. I was busy with all the thngs I need to do so that I'll be able to have a free time for this appointment.

 

"I want you to be my bestfriend's boyfriend." I said straight-faced.

 

I stared at him. I think he was caught off guard with what I just said. Does it sound really weird?

 

"Wha-? What? You've got guts! You practically made an appointment with me just to ask me, no wait, seems like you're ordering me to be your bestfriend's boyfriend," he said incredulously then drinking almost all of the water from his glass. "You're crazy!"

 

"I'm not crazy! I want you to be my bestfriend's boyfriend. And I'm not taking "no" for an answer." I said. Please say yes! *fingers cross*

 

"You really are crazy, huh!" he once again gain his composure and relaxed on his seat. "What's in it for me? except for being your bestfriend's boyfriend, ofcourse." he said as he crossed his arms on his chest.

 

I never thought about that. "I just wanted you to be my bestfriend's boyfreind. That's all!" I answered.

 

He eyed me for more than a few minutes, then he sighed and laughed.

 

"I will only agree if I see her and for one condition," he said.

 

"Omo! Really?" I brightly said. He nodded. "Wait! What does your so-called bestfriend look like?"

 

"Is a photo already enough? I have one with me." I said ramaging through my bag searching for my wallet. "Here! That's her, with red long hair." I suddenly realized one thing. He has blue hair and she has red, Whoah! What a combination. War and Peace? Haha. Cuute!!

 

"Hmm...she seems ok. Ok. I agree. Because you've amused to me today, I'll be his boyfriend." he decided.

 

"Omo! really? really? Yes! Thank you!" I happiliy said.

 

What the? Why am I acting like this? I'm supposed to treat him coldly! We are not close! Na-uh! Back to straight face.

 

"Thanks for agreeing, Choi Seunghyun. You're nicer than I thought."

 

"You really are amusing! I saw different expressions today!" he chuckled.

 

"Oh! wait! I did said on one condition."

 

Condition? Argghh..."What is it?"

 

"I will also find you a boyfriend," he smirked.

 

My jaw literally dropped. I can't believe this! Bom, you owe me BIGTIME! "Ok. I agree."

 

"Well then, it's a deal." He said. Now, the dates I'm going with guys are going to double. Tsch.

 

(END OF FLASHBACK)

 

Weird, huh. After he and Bom have met and finally hit it off, Seunghyun also became a bestfriend to me. He was like a guy version of Bom. Trust me, they really are alike. Except with their hair colors, ofcourse. I really find it cute when they're together. They look so...COLORFUL??? haha.

 

But, I'm still wondering, though. It was always Bom who set up dates for me. Seunghyun never set me up yet with someone before. Heh. Maybe he forgot about that condition. Hehe. Lucky me.

 

Finally, I arrived at the restaurant. As I entered, I didn't fail to sense the stares of the men on me. Why are they staring? Is there something on my face? OMo! maybe my make up got smudged and is messy already. Grr..

 

"Ms. Sandara Park?" the man said as I went to inquire on the counter.

 

"Yes."

 

"I'll assist you to your table,  ma'am." and he lead the way.

 

While we were walking towards "my and my date's" designated table, I can feel myself tremble a little. I'm nervous! Duh! This is the first set up date that I haven't dicthed! Before we could reach the table, I suddenly stopped and talked to the man leading me.

 

"Excuse me, sir. Ahm- Do I look OK?" I asked innocenly. Duh! My image is supposed to be different now isn't it?

 

The man immediatley replied, "Oh! No, ma'am! You look really lovely today!" he said.

 

That boost my self-confidence. "Thank you." and smiled at him. I saw him blushed.

 

 "Here you are, ma'am." he smiled, bowed and went back.

 

I was not paying much attention to where we were going so I was not prepared for the sight that appeared before me. I marveled at it. it's the kind of date I was dreaming. Romantic ambiance, Rose petals on the floor, and champagne on the table. (LOL I'm not good in describing...hehehe) Only one thing is missing. A gentleman smelling so good in a tuxedo-... 'Wha-? What?' My only reaction when I darted my eyes towards the guy who is leaning on the wall.

 

He ruined my dream date.

 

PARK BOM!

 

AUTHOR'S POV

 

He was leaning on the wall when suddenly a girl came into view. He expected Seunghyun to come because he's going to for this set up. But the sight of her made him speechless. He eyed her from head to toe. He marveled at the beauty that appered before his eyes. He had worked with so many beautiful women before but unlike them, this petite beauty infront of him had caught his breath. She looks so beautiful, innocent and warm. Her smoky eyes and red lips only added up to her oozing charm.

 

'Hmm...This is really going to be interesting.'