Chapter 11 - Third!

Destiny? or Scripted?

 


 

AUTHOR'S POV

 

'I knew there was something fishy going on here!'

 

The couple thought. They eyed each other and signaled for them to talk somewhere else. They definitely need to clarify things once and for all!

 

But before that, both of them went to Dara's room first to fetch a pillow and a blanket. Bom gently tucked the pillow under Dara's head while Seunghyun covered Dara with the blanket. After making sure that Dara's comfortably venturing tralala land, Bom signaled Seunghyun towards the kitchen in order not to disturb Dara's sleep.

 

"Is there something you're not telling me, Seobang?" Bom immediately said as soon as they reach the kitchen. 

 

"How about you?" Seunghyun answered back, crossing his arms over his chest and gently leaned against the sink.

 

"Why was Kim Jaejoong in the park with Dara?" Bom asked straight away, sounding so sure that Seunghyun has made him go there.

 

"And why was that Kwon Jiyong there at the park with Dara?" Seunghyn asked the same.

 

"Argh! Stop copying my question!" Bom annoyingly said.

 

"Then stop thinking the same thing as I do!" Seunghyun said with equal annoyance.

 

Then silence came.

 

This is the first time that the two has ever quarreled like this. They've never had any arguments before, and they never expected that the cause for their very first argument would be Dara.

 

The two fumed and engaged in a staring battle for almost an hour before finally giving up. They both sighed and just leaned their backs against the sink.

 

Seunghyun drew Bom closer and embraced her sideways. As a response, Bom snuggled close to him and had her head on his shoulder.

 

"Mianhe," both of them spoke at the same time. Realizing it, they both bit their lips and laughed softly. Silence enveloped them for a few more minutes before Bom finally spoke up.

 

"But Seobang, Dara is for Jiyong only. You just don't know how much she still loves him. There's a reason why Dara broke up with him and Jiyong still doesn't know about it. If he knew about it, I'm sure he will understand and they will eventually be back together," she explained.

 

Seunghyun was silent for a while before he spoke, contemplating on what Bom has said.

 

"But Yeobo, I believe that what's past is past. I want Dara to find a new love. Someone that will not let her go no matter what happens. Someone that will love her deeply enough to go out of his way to know the reason if ever Dara will ask for a break up. And I know that guy is Jaejoong. We've been friends for so long. So, I know how he is when he's in love with a girl and I know he'll definitely treasure Dara," Seughyun defended his side.

 

"But, Dara's feelings for Jiyong still lingers. She's definitely still into him and I can really see that after all these years. So, Seobang, just let them be," Bom continued to explain her side.

 

Seunghyun didn't say anything. He doesn't really know the whole story regarding this Dara-Jiyong past love affair. But one thing's for sure! He would definitely support Jaejoong all the way.

 

"Ehem!" Seunghyun faked a cough to distract Bom. "I know you have a copy of Dara's list for his destined partner," he continued and changed the topic.

 

Bom jerked up and stared at him. "How did you know about that list?" she said and squinted her eyes, becoming suspicious.

 

"It doesn't matter how I knew about it," he answered and fished out his phone from his pocket.

 

Bom looked over to watch what he has doing and saw him browse over his gallery and clicked on a very familiar picture. 

 

Her eyes grew wide as soon as she realized what that picture was.

 

"So, the next thing is.." Seunghyun mumbled as he scrolled down the picture. Before he could even see the next thing on the list, Bom immediately snatched his phone away.

 

"Why, you! You're not being fair!" she quipped and embraced his phone, trying to keep it from him. "You stole this from my phone, didn't you?" she accused and turned her back from him.

 

But, Seunghyun, being the tall and strong guy as he is, locked her in an embrace. He reached for her ear and whispered," Sorry, Yeobo. But may the best friend win!" 

 

He lightly kissed her on her cheek, making her numb for a moment, and snatched away his phone.

 

Bom blushed deeply. 

 

"You really are unfair!" she shouted and stomped out of the kitchen.

 


 

DARA'S POV

 

"Good morning, ma'am," Chaerin cheerfully greeted me.

 

Eh?! what's with her cheerful atmosphere? While here I am, annoyed as ever with all the anonymous texts I've been receiving since yesterday. They even tried to call me a lot of times already but I never answered it. I don't really answer calls or texts from people whose numbers are not registered on my phone. Argh! How did they even get my number? 

 

"Good morning, Chae," I greeted back. I tried to greet her with as much as half of her cheerfulness. I do hope I did.

 

Now, I just wanted to head straight towards my office in order to not let her see my annoyance.

 

But, I failed.

 

As soon as I grabbed the knob of my office door, she called up to me.

 

"Ma'am, what's wrong?" she asked softly, worried.

 

"Nothing, Chae!" I answered and smiled a bit, trying to hide it.

 

But she smiled back so brightly, like a cute puppy wagging her tail so vigorously.

 

Ok! There's definitely something going on here!

 

"Ok, Chaerin! Spill it," I said, stopping myself from opening the door.

 

"What are you talking about, ma'am?" she asked innocently as if she doesn't have a clue.

 

"What's with that big smile on your face? Did you finally find a boyfriend or something?" I teased and she blushed.

 

What the?! She actually blushed!

 

"Eh? What are you talking about, ma'am?" she asked.

 

"What do you mean what I'm talking about? You seem so happy today that a lot of pink glitters are radiating out from you," I said, exaggerated. 

 

She just smiled back at me and lightly laughed. "There's nothing to it, ma'am. You don't have to mind me." 

 

"Chae, it's just the two of us here right now, so stop calling me ma'am for now," I said and went closer to her. "Come on! Spill it! Why are you so excited so early in the morning?" I probed again.

 

"Oh, Dara! Just go to your office now! Pali! Pali!" she said and pushed me towards my office. What the?! What's with her today? 

 

"Ok! Open the door and go inside now. Just beeped me when you need something. Bye!" she said and excitedly went to her post. 

 

I just shook my head and was not able to stop myself from smiling. Was she up to something?

 

I felt like my annoyance this morning has gone away. I took off my fake eyeglasses before finally opening the door to my office.

 

*Blink*

 

*Blink*

 

*Blink* *Blink*

 

Omona!

 


 

AUTHOR'S POV

 

Two elegant vases stood on each side of her table. The other one in purest white while the other in shiny black, filled with beautifully arranged blooming blue roses.

 

Dara stood there, not believing what she's seeing. She accidentally dropped her bag and her cell phone fell out, remembering that she forgot to zip it again earlier.

 

She picked up her phone and saw that she has two unread messages. She unlocked her phone and noticed that it came from the two anonymous numbers who has been bugging her since yesterday.

 

"Hi, Dara! I was waiting for you to answer my calls before I introduce myself. I already had the feeling that I will not get any for I know that you don't answer or reply to numbers that are not registered on your phone. But, I was still want to try my luck. Keke. This is Jiyong. Did you like the roses?"

 

Dara's eyes widened. She was about to open the other one and she feels like she already knows who it is.

 

"Hi, Sandara Park! Er, Dara! I'm still getting myself used to calling you that. Keke. Actually, I've been texting and calling you since yesterday but you didn't answer any of my calls or replied to any of my text. Maybe because I didn't introduce myself? Keke. This is Jaejoong. By the way, have the roses arrived? Did you like it?"

 

Dara couldn't say anything. She stood up, and hurriedly went to open her pink notebook that is hidden inside her drawer. She quickly flipped on the pages and stopped on the list she has made when she was still in high school. Her finger froze as she stopped on item no. 3.

 

3. Will give me a vase full of blooming blue roses.

 

"This is crazy...." was all Dara could say.

 


 

Er.... Hi? 

Hehehe...

It's been so long..

 

Mianhe, subbies..

:(