Chapter 4

Destiny? or Scripted?

 

 


 

AUTHOR’S POV

 

Dara immediately went to her walk-in closet as soon as she arrived home. She picked a long sleeve blouse and a pencil skirt that falls right to her knees. She then covered herself with a long coat that would fall just right above her heels. She erased her make-up, applied a lighter shade of lipstick and a little blush on her cheeks. She tied her hair in a very tight bun not letting a single strand fall or escape. She put on her glasses (the lenses have no grade..hehe) and got her leather bag. She’s back to her professional self. As soon as she finished, she went back to her car.

 

She was driving while reading some documents. Her left hand was on the wheel while the other was holding the documents. She stopped for a while when the traffic light glowed red. She was too engrossed with the documents she was reading that she failed to notice the car beside her.

 


 

JAEJOONG’S POV

 

I was banging my head listening to the loud music that’s been playing inside my car when I suddenly turned my head and noticed the driver of the car beside me. Unlike my car, the windows of the car beside me were not tinted so I can easily see the person inside.

 

Wait, she looks familiar. Where have I seen her? My eyebrows furrowed as I tried to remember her face. Several scenes were flipping through my mind until it fell to one person’s face. SANDARA PARK!

 

But. Why is she dressed like that? What’s with the serious atmosphere around her? What’s with all of the papers she’s holding? And, eyeglasses? Doesn’t she have good eyesight? Those eyeglasses are totally hiding her expressive eyes. The person I’m seeing right now gives off a different aura. She has a twin?

 

I was still staring at her that I failed to notice that the traffic light turned green already. Cars at the back kept honking their cars. Then, her car drove faster than a normal woman should drive. I drove fast passing every car infront of me. I tried to follow her but her car was nowhere to found. Damn! I lost her.

 

GAHD! Just who is she really? Am I too captivated by her that I would see her face when I encounter every woman? I really can’t forget about that SANDARA PARK. She looked so innocent and pure. She looks so warm and shy. She was really different from all the women I’ve met before. I can’t forget those inviting lips and those pair of brown expressive eyes.

 

‘Choi Seunghyun, I really need to get her number’ I muttered to myself excitedly.

 


 

DARA’S POV

 

I checked my watch. ‘Oh 18 minutes. I broke my record. Hehe.’ I arrived at the parking lot of my firm then got out of my car. I was reading documents I have in my hands when suddenly Chaerin, my secretary, whispered to me.

 

“You forgot your eyeglasses, ma’am.” Oh, yeah! I forgot that I took them off after I passed the traffic light. It was hard reading the documents when I had my glasses.

 

“Thanks, Chaerin.” I thanked her. She knows the reason why I always put them on. It’s just for show, you know.

 

My eyes are not really dull. My vision is clear. I have good eyesight. It’s just that wearing glasses would make me look older and more professional. That’s what I believe.

 

Before, I wasn’t really wearing these glasses. So, a lot of people mistook me for some innocent, no-clue young girl. I’m not bragging but I really look younger than my age. And that’s really an annoying thing in the industry that I’m in. they would always take me for granted. Argh. I really hate that. That’s why I decided to change my fashion style. I wanted to look more mature. And these glasses really helped me. Haha. Can’t believe it, huh?

 

I went inside the building and made a straight serious face. I just nodded to every person who greeted me. I’m known as the cold boss around here. I need that in order to survive in this industry. And so that no one would dare to question my orders. Am I really tha fierce? Haha. It’s just a façade, you know. I’m like this only when I’m in my firm or meeting clients. Bom, Chaerin, and Seunghyun knows the real me.

 

“I’ve left the documents that needed to be checked on your desk, ma’am.” She said and then turned to walk out of my office. She winked at me first, before she finally close the door.

 

I smiled and shook my head. I took off my glasses and coat and started to work.

 

‘Now let’s see what has gone wrong here.’


 

JAEJOONG’s POV

 

I drove to Seunghyun’s place fast. I don’t want to waste a single minute.

 

I really need to contact her. I really need to get in touch with her. Somehow, I feel like I need to get to her fast.’ I said to myself as I was ringing his doorbell.

 

That’s odd. He’s been ringing his doorbell for countless times already but no one’s answering. Did he went outside? What a luck.

 

Tsch. ‘It’s your fault! Damn! If only you were focusing enough.’ I banged the door and sat beside it. It’s only been a few hours. But why does she have this effect on me? SANDARA PARK, you are no ordinary girl. You really rose my interest. It’s just been a few hours. I must not lose hope! He went back to his car and began to relax. If I really am meant to see her, I will still see her someday. Let destiny play its game.

 


 

DARA’S POV

 

I was busy checking all the documents on her desk when Chaerin suddenly beeped.

 

“Yes?”

 

“Miss Park, there’s someone who would like to see you.” Chaerin said.

 

“Who is it?”

 

“It’s Mr. Kwon Jiyong, ma’am.” She answered.

 

What? Kwon Jiyong? Did I hear her right? “Ahm, who is it again?”

 

“Kwon Jiyong, ma’am.” She answered again.

 

I heard her right. Kwon Jiyong? But why is he here? What does he want? I know it’s been 8 years already but I’m still not prepared yet to meet him again. I still don’t want to meet him. I’m afraid that all of the feelings that I have kept in would come out. He still occupies a big part in me. What am I going to do?

 

“Ahm, I’m still on the process of checking the documents, Chaerin. Let him wait if he can.” I informed her.

 

"Yes, ma’am.”

 

Oh, God! I’m still on the process of moving on. What to do? What to do? I need to finish this first. I’ll deal with it later. Oh, gahd. Why is he even coming back to my life? I hate it. Then, I indulged myself with the work before me. It’s a long way to go. If he’s still waiting outside by the time I’m finished with all of these documents, I’m really destined to meet him right now.

 


 

AUTHOR’S POV

 

Three hours passed until Dara finally declared that she’s done. It’s already 5pm. ‘Is he still waiting outside?’ she thought.

 

She pressed a button on her telephone. “Chaerin, is he still there?”

 

“Oh, ma’am. He already left. He said that he’ll come back next time because he still had a meeting to attend to.” Chaerin answered.

 

“Is that so? Ok, Thanks.” She ended the conversation. ‘I guess I’m not destined to meet him again just yet.’

 

She stood up and started to clear her table. She grabbed her coat, leather bag and the documents and then went outside of her office. She walked towards Chaerin’s desk and handed her the documents that were double-checked.

 

“Retype these documents and send it right away.”

 

“Yes, ma’am”.

 

‘Ahhh.. what a tiring day.’ She said as she walked out of the building towards her car. When inside her car, she noticed a rose petal on the floor. ‘It’s a tiring day but my lunch date was fun, though.’ She giggled and drove away. ‘I wonder when we will meet again.’’