Chapter 3

Destiny? or Scripted?

 

 

 


 

DARA’s POV

 

The scene infront of me was already perfect! It’s the dream date I imagined since I was a teenager. Well, I’m already 27, you know. And in my 27 years of existence, I only had one boyfriend. Imagine that? I’m pretty loyal, aren’t I? Before, my friends and classmates would always praise me for still being loyal for still being in love with my ex-boyfriend. But now? Almost all of them say the exact same thing.

 

Get a boyfriend, will you? You’re wasting your youth.’

 

Tsch. Is it really necessary to have one?

 

I’m busy with my work and I’m indeed inlove. I’m inlove with my WORK! Won’t that be counted? Hehe. I’m a loyal girlfriend and my work is my boyfriend. That’s why I’m loyal to my work. It’s my future.

 

I’m not in a hurry to fall in love. I do believe in destiny. Yah! Even though I’m like this, I’m still a hopeless romantic person. I want a love story like in the movies. “Kate and Leopold” is really nice. I love the scene were Leopold asked Kate to have a date with him at the rooftop of the apartment building with candle light dinner, violin playing and dancing to slow music. I like it for we can gaze at the stars while we’re having the time of our life. I love gazing at stars, you know. That’s why, my favorite flowers are stargazers. Stars always sparkle and I love sparkling things.

 

I want to experience something magical. Like, when I see my destined guy, everything will sparkle. But I don’t believe in love at first sight. Love for me takes a second glance. DUH??! Would you really fall in love with someone you just glance at once? What if you were just imagining things?

 

I’m the kind of person who wants to make sure about everything. I want everything to come out just the way I pictured it to be.  I want everything to be perfect and balanced. Yeah! Just like my work: balancing of accounts and making sure that everything is in the right place.

 

Anyway, back to this so-called date. It was indeed perfect! It’s close to magical and romantic if it weren’t for the guy leaning on the wall and grinning. What the? Where’s the gentleman? The prince charming? I was expecting someone who’s somehow in a formal attire. What’s with the jeans and t-shirt? And….a beanie? Whoah! He’s too out of place in here! X mark. He ruined my dream date. And what’s with the shades? Doesn’t he realize that he’s inside the restaurant already?

 

I won’t deny. With that get-up, he’s still charming. But, he is not the one I’m expecting to see.

 

“Ahm, you are?” I asked in a soft voice. I’m an innocent type right now, remember? Hehe.

 

He walked graciously towards me and offered his hand. Ok, that was good. He took his shades off and said, “Ahm, Hi. My name is Kim Jaejoong. And you are?”

 

“Sandara Park.” I stammered.

 


 

JAEJOONG’S POV

 

“Nice to meet you.” I can’t help but to stare at her. She is really captivating. Is this love at first sight? Haha. Funny, Jaejoong. The hell? I’m getting corny in here. I was still staring at her when I suddenly noticed her uneasiness. I was still holding her hand, for goddness sake!

 

“Oh! Sorry. Er,.. please have a seat.” I said as I guided her to her seat, pulling her chair. Well, can’t blame me, though. I’m a man. And a beauty like this must not disappear infront of me. I was afraid that I’m just imagining things and she might burst like a bubble and disappear. I don’t want that to happen. That’s all. How many times would you find someone like her.

 

Hmm. She smell so good. What’s her cologne? And her skin’s really smooth. Is she a model or something? Why did I only met her now?

 

“Ehem.” She coughed softly.

 

Damn! Stop the thoughts, Jaejoong . Focus! You’re losing it! 

 

“Oh! I’m sorry. I was just totally captivated.” And took my seat infront of her.

 

She blushed. Cuute!

 

“Ahm, are you a friend of Bom?” she asked.

 

Bom? Who’s that? But the name sounds familiar, though. Wait, is she a model? A director? Singer? Actress? Producer? An ex-girlfirend? No, I haven’t worked with someone named Bom before and neither did I had a girlfriend with that name. Girlfriend, girlfriend. Oh Seunghyun’s girlfriend! Park Bom! Right!

 

“Ahm, somehow, yeah.” I answered.

 

“Oh.” She smiled.

 


 

AUTHOR’S POV

 

‘Park Bom, I thought I already told you my dream date. Tsch.’ She thought.

 

Then silence enveloped them. They were getting really awkward with each other. They were looking anywhere except with each other. Afraid that their uneasiness will be revealed through their eyes.

 

As if on cue, two waiters suddenly appeared and brought them their food. The food was elegant. It was just like in the movies were royalties are having their meal.

 

‘If only he was in an attire fitted for this atmosphere, everything would have been perfect.’ She thought.

 

Well, you can’t blame him. He was expecting a chat with Seunghyun and not a date with a beautiful girl. But that one tiny detail about Jaejoong’s attire didn’t escape her being a perfectionist.

 

As the waiters were putting their meal on their table. The two can’t help but glance at each other. They were sharing shy glances until the waiters were done. As soon as the waiters have gone, they continued to glance at each other and accidentally, they’re eyes met. They both blushed.

 

Several minutes passed and they ate in complete silence. Neither one of them has an idea how to start conversation.

 

“Mr.- “

 

“San-“ both them started.

 

They stopped and started to laugh. Lightening the mood a bit.

 

“Were you just going call me Mr. Kim Jaejoong?” he asked, amused.

 

She blushed again. She nodded shyly. ‘She is really cute in every single way.’

 

“Please just call me Jaejoong or Jae for short.”

 

“Mr. Jae.” She said.

 

He suddenly laughed. “Please drop the Mr. It makes me feel so old.” He said, laughing continuously.

 

“Ok, Jae. Just call me Dara, then.” She beamed.

 

Then the awkwardness has left. They continued to talk with each other about random things. Everything that would pop out from their mind. They enjoyed each other’s company and haven’t realized that it had already been hours.

 

As they make their way out of the restaurant, the two were oblivious to the people staring at them. Some sees them as a lovely couple. But some sees them as mismatched? Well, by the look of their clothes, they really are mismatched.

 

They were still smiling when as they make their way to their cars. He escorted her to her car.

 

“Ahm. I think this is it.” She said before going in her car.

 

“I think so.” He said.

 

“Well, bye.” She went in her car and drove away. Jaejoong was still waving his hand when he suddenly remembered something. ‘Damn! I forgot to get her number! Choi Seunghyun’. He smiled as he thought of his friend and went to his car.

 


 

DARA’S POV

 

I think I’ll give him a chance. Clothes were the only ones that were lacking. Haha.

 

OMO! How will I meet him again? We haven’t gave our numbers to each other. Oh, well. Maybe destiny will play a big role in the future. Hehe.

 

Suddenly, her phone rang.

 

“Hello? What’s the matter?” she said in a business-like tone.

 

“Ms. Park, something’s wrong with some of the documents that are needed to be sent. The auditor told us that some of the transactions were not recorded in the right accounts. The documents are needed to be sent tomorrow afternoon.” Her secretary informed her.

 

“Ok. I’ll be right there in 20 minutes.” ‘I need to change my clothes first.’