The Wall Between Us - Chapter 16

The Wall Between Us

Woohyun was determined to see Sunggyu.  Initially, he was in shock after finding out about his parents, but he wanted to tell Sunggyu that his feelings for the older man had not changed.

Woohyun arrived at Sunggyu's apartment and using the spare key he was given, he opened the door.  The place was dark and cold.  There was no sign of Sunggyu.

"Sunggyu," he cried to the empty room.  "Please, I want to see you."

He exited the building with head hung low in disappointment.  As he wandered about aimlessly, he heard a voice call out to him.

"Nam Woohyun," someone called out, attracting his attention.

Woohyun turned to find a masked figure in black standing behind him. 

"Come with me," ordered the figure.

Woohyun shook his head in fear as he took several steps back.  When the figure approached him, Woohyun ran.

"Tsk!" The figure immediately pursued him.


Woohyun ran as fast as he could but the figure soon caught up to him in no time.  The figure grabbed Woohyun's arm and restrained him.  Woohyun struggled as the figure kept a firm grip on him.

"If you don't want to die," warned the figure.  "You'd better do as I say."

"Let him go," a voice interrupted them.

The figure felt a gun pointed at his head and unwillingly released Woohyun.

"Hey kid, can't stay out of trouble can you?" said Dongwoo with a smile.  "There's an idiot who said he's giving you up and yet he still orders me to keep an eye on you.  You're the first person he's ever cared about this much."

Woohyun looked at the doctor, who now stood with a gun in his hand.  He couldn't believe what was happening.

"Now, let's see who's after you," said Dongwoo.

As he reached for the figure's mask, the figure suddenly grabbed Dongwoo's arm and flipped him onto his back.  The sudden attack caught Dongwoo by surprise.  Before Dongwoo could even react, the figure grabbed the gun from Dongwoo's hand and pointed it at him.

"You're wasting my time," said the figure.
 

Sunggyu arrived at the dock with his men following.  He surveyed the surrounding and glanced at his watch.  It was time but there was no sign of their enemies.  He knew something was not right.  As he was about to head back, his men suddenly blocked his path and aimed their guns at him.

"What are you doing?" he asked them in confusion.  "You want to betray the clan?"

"You would know all about that, wouldn't you?" a voice asked.  A figure stepped out from the shadows and smiled when he saw Sunggyu surrounded by his own men.

Sunggyu was surprised when he saw who it was.  "What are you doing here?" he asked.

The figure smiled mockingly.  "How does it feel?" asked the figure.  "To be betrayed?"

Sunggyu seemed surprised at the question but did not respond.

The figure laughed.  "I guess you don't feel anything," mocked the figure.  "Since the one betraying us is you."