Chapter 2

Nobody Knows

I've been only walking for hours, though it felt like I've left home days ago. I was so tired and it wasn't even dark yet. I wasn't quite sure where I was going... I didn't have a plan; but still, I felt free, and it felt good. I was no longer terrified of the thought of going home to my torture chamber. 

"Freedom". It felt weird hearing those words come out of my mouth. "I'm free." I whispered as I turned the corner to another long busy road. While walking I noticed a lot of homeless people. Some where adults, others were kids. Probably run aways too. I looked at them and wondered if I was going to end up like that.

Most likely. 

I don't even have enough money to rent a room at the cheapest hotel. I'm screwed. 

"Excuse me Sir..." I snapped out of my thoughts to see a little girl tugging on my jumper's sleeve. She was so tiny and looked so fragile that I thought I'd hurt her just by looking at her. "Do you have any change? Or food?" She stared up at me with these huge eyes and i just wanted to cry. She seemed so tired and dirty  that I felt like I could rob a bank just so I could give her some food and shelter.

I kneeled down, "I..I-" 

"Hana, how many times have i told you not to talk to strangers." A tall boy walked out from an alleyway and grabbed her hand, he looked just as tired and dirty as the little girl. "Sorry." He said as he looked at me and started to walk away.

"Hold on." They stopped and i quickly took my backpack off and looked for some food. I practically emptied the whole fridge back at home before I ran out. I found a couple of sandwiches and an apple. "Here, take this." I held the food out and waited for them to take it.

"No thanks." The  boy muttered as he started to pull the little girl way. I didn't understand, they looked so hungry.

"Oppa, I'm really hungry." The little girl cried and the boy sighed. He let her hand go and she ran towards me. She quickly took the food and ate one of the sandwiches right in front of me in a flash. She then ran over to the boy and held out the other sandwich. At first he didn't take it but she kept pushing it towards him. Once it was in his hands he ate it in a couple of bites. The little girl then ran up to me and jumped on me.

"Thank you so much oppa!" She hugged me so tightly that i couldn't breathe. 

"It's okay." I patted her head once she let go of me.

"Umm... well...thanks....i guess." The boy said while awkwardly scratching his neck. "Looks like you're going somewhere?" He pointed towards my overly packed bag.

"Yeah, I finally got my freedom." A huge smile appeared on my face every time i heard that word. No more pain. No more torture. 

"So what's the plan now... if you don't mind me asking.." 

"I have no idea..." I frowned. I really had no idea where I was going. 

"Well Good Luck." He gave me a small smile, "You might wanna be careful around here. Some people can be a little vicious." He took the girl and walked back into the alley.

"I'm Mir by the way." I whispered knowing he wouldn't hear me, but I felt the need to say it anyway. 

"I'm Joon." His laughter got further and further away as I stood there staring at the dark alleyway that looked scarier than the whole journey ahead of me. 

I decided I was too tired to go anywhere far, so i sat down on a nearby bench. I needed to think of what to do now. Where to go? What to do? I had freedom but I had nothing else. I was all alone. 

"Hey guys!" A loud voice shouted behind me, "Look who do we have here... Food" I turned around to see three guys towering over me...

Oh crap.