Chapter 6

Nobody Knows

A/N: Good news, I think I passed my Maths exam !! So I'm in a good mood and I decided to upload a chapter !! Also did anyone else watch the Eurovision Semi-finals?? Go Lithuaniaaa <3

Enjoy ~

Only two days have passed now yet I still feel like we are becoming closer each minute. I no longer wish to remember my past as I see a brighter future, even though there is a hard road ahead as we are running out of food. Hana had gotten better, but we need to keep her warm and feed her if she is to fully recover. 

"I don't know what to do Mirue." A nickname. I still haven't had time to get used to it. Only Thunder called me by my name, other nicknames were horrible, like loner or the useless kid. Now Joon calls me Mirue while Hana still calls me Oppa.

"We will figure it out..." I paused and smiled at him, "Together."  A small smile appeared on his face. We still managed to be a little happy even in these bad situations. While Hana was taking her nap we tried to come up with a solution.

"I need to get a job or something." Joon scratched the back of his head, it was a habit of his that I have gotten used to. "There is just nothing for me to do."

"With your looks you could be a model." I laughed awkwardly, I can't believe I just said that.

"You really think so?" He laughed while he tried to pose. 

"Definitely." My cheeks started to hurt from all the laughter. "Must.Stop.Laughing." I said in between my loud laughs. 

"Okay okay calm down. You're going to wake Hana up." Joon said as he patted my back. Every time he touched me I felt a warm feeling inside me. I realized a while back that my feelings for Joon had been growing and his thoughtless touching made me breathless. I couldn't tell him that though. The thought of loosing him and Hana made me shudder. "You okay?" He looked up at me with concerned eyes, moving his hand onto my shoulder. I nodded as I feared to open my mouth.

I needed some air, and some distance between Joon. I got up and headed towards the door." Mirue what's the matter?" He got up to follow me. 

"I'm fine." I said stretching my hand out in warning for him not to follow me, "I just want to take a walk." My words seemed too cold. Why was I acting this way? I could feel that my words somehow hurt Joon as he didn't follow me outside. As I stepped out I noticed that it was already getting late. I wanted to clear my mind but all I could think of was Joon. Why can't I think about something else, anything? Just as we started to get closer I start to mess things up. 

Family.

Yeah, they kinda do feel like my family already. It's probably because I never felt like anyone ever took care of me like the way Joon does. Or because I never took care of anyone but myself, whereas now I look out for Joon and Hana. Family. This is definitely what family feels like, right? This feeling made me happy and I wanted to run back to the warehouse but a familiar voice stopped me dead in my tracks. It was the same thugs from a few days ago and this time Joon wasn't here to save me. 

Before they noticed my presence I hid behind the dumpster hoping they wouldn't find me. 

Hours have passed and they were still hanging around the corner. I was trapped and there was nothing I could do about it. Joon was probably getting worried, but he won't come now will he?

"Damn check that girl out." I heard one of them say.

"Yeah she's a good one." Another one laughed, "Too bad you can't get any." 

I wanted to go back home. And by home i mean the warehouse, of course. That place has become my only home now. Home,sweet home.

Another hour later they finally left. Every muscle in my body hurt as I relaxed after hours of being tense. I could barely stand up as I head their voices getting more and more distant. "Finally" I thanked God as I ran back home. 

Joon was pacing back and forth across the giant room as i ran inside. When he heard me he stopped and looked up at me.

"Where the hell have you been pabo?!" He shouted as he ran towards me and hugged me tightly. "I thought you left us." 

"Sorry"I hugged him back. I didn't want to leg go but Hana ran to me shouting,

"Oppa!Oppa! I missed you." I let go of Joon and gave her a hug.

"I could never leave you guys. You're like my family now." I smiled. 

"Hehehe, i feel like i have two daddies" Hana laughed as she ran away happily. My eyes nearly jumped out of their sockets as i stared after her. How could she just say it like that? So carefree. I could feel my cheeks burning red.

"Aww look at you Mirue." Joon pinched my cheeks, "You're so cute when you blush" He smiled his signature smile and my heart melted. 

"Shush." I whispered as i looked away from his eyes that made my heart beat three times as fast. Joon laughed as he sat down at his usual place by the window. 

"Tomorrow is going to be a long day." He said as concern filled his eyes that were burning a hole in my heart. At first I had forgotten all the troubles in the world, but when he looked over to my bag I remembered our troubles. Our food is running out and we didn't have any money...

What are we going to do Joonie?....