Chapter 9

Nobody Knows

I can't wait to see them again ...especially Joon. I hoped they were still as healthy as I left them, but doubt started filling my mind.

You left them alone for days.

What if they didn't get any food?

What if they didn't surv-

No. I cannot think like that. They are fine. I'm sure they are. They have to be.

Joon, I'm sorry.

The car stopped and I snapped out of my thoughts.

"This is it right?" She eyed me curiously. The neighborhood didn't look friendly at all, with gangs hanging around every corner and homeless kids running around.

"Yep. Thanks for the ride ma'am" I gave her a smile and left the car. I waved to her and waited until she drove off before i started my journey. I wanted to go home.

Home is where your loved ones are.

I ran past the familiar streets and in my mind I could clearly see Joon and Hana waiting for me in our usual corner in the warehouse. They must be waiting for me.

I turned the last corner that gave me a full view of the warehouse...that was no longer there.

.....

Ashes. Ashes were everywhere. I must be in the wrong place. Where is the abandoned warehouse? I frantically looked around for signs telling me that I had the wrong place, but my mind already knew. 

"Why?!" I shouted. There was nothing left. Just burnt up framework and ashes. Where is everyone?

"Hey Mir!" A familiar voice shouted. No it wasn't Joon, but maybe, just maybe this guy knew where he was.

"Seungho! What happened?!" I met Seungho when I started living with Joon. He was also a run away who lived in the warehouse. He was only a year older than Joon.

"It was an accident. The warehouse caught fire and burnt down two days ago." He paused as his smile disappeared and was replaced by a frown, " A lot of people died Mir"

"Joon...Hana...where are they?!" I shook him as his answer didn't come quickly enough.

"I don't know." He sighed and looked away from my eyes, "I haven't seen them, I don't know if they made it." The floor crumbled beneath me as I fell to the floor.

No.

No.

They must have made it.

They had to.

He told me I wasn't alone anymore, he couldn't have left me.

Joon wouldn't leave me.

"Mir." He grabbed my shoulders, "Mir, there is still hope that they are okay!" 

Hope.

I never had hope. 

It was a feeling I never experienced before, I don't even know how it feels. Tears started to run down my face.

"Joon." I whispered as I hugged Seungho tightly. "I have to find them."

"I'll help you Mir." Seungho gave me a weak smile as he helped me up.

"Thanks." I got up and thought of the places they could've went to. "Aish, I have no idea!" I scratched my head and looked at Seungho.

"Well honestly I hardly talked to Joon until you came. He used to be so quiet and kept to himself. Then after you came he suddenly started talking to everyone." He laughed at the memory. "I think you were a good influence on him."

"I guess so...." Where are you Joon? "Where could he be?!" 

"Think Mir, did he tell you about a place where he could go? Anywhere?" 

Think Mir, think!

Where could Joon and Hana go?

"I got it !" They had to be there, i was sure of it. I suddenly started to run.

"Wait Mir! Do you want me to come with?" Seungho shouted after me.

"Thanks for all the help but I'll go alone from now on!" 

They have to be there....

 

A/N: Where do you think they are???? Hmmm hmmm... if they are there at all...... MWUAHAHHA >.<