Chapter 13

Nobody Knows

I couldn't believe it. A mix of emotions washed over me.

I've missed you, Thunder.
I cannot believe I've forgotten you.
Its just that Joon has made me so happy... I've been trying to forget my past.
But that's not an excuse. You were the only good thing in my life and I blocked you out.

"You're back." Thunder gasped. Joon stood in front of me in a defensive position. He was overly protective sometimes.

"It's okay Joonie, he is my friend." I said as I gently pushed him away walking towards Thunder, who was looking at me like I was a ghost.

"You didn't tell me you had friends." Joon frowned walked beside me.

"Ouch" Thunder said as he picked up the bag he had dropped before.

"I just didn't want to remember my past, I'm sorry." I paused looking at them, "Both of you." Thunder smiled, he could never hold a grudge against me.

"I've missed you so much." Thunder hugged me as he smiled. I heard a small growl from Joon, he grabbed my hand and pulled me towards him, breaking mine and Thunder's hug.

"Let's go Mirue, we have a lot of work to do." Joon grumbled as he started to pull me away.

"Joon, calm down. I haven't seen my friend for so long and you won't even let us talk, what is wrong with you?!" He was being overly unreasonable. I wanted to catch up with Thunder, to find out what he has been doing and how was everything after I ran away.

"Tch, fine stay and talk all you want. I'm leaving." He scowled and got in our new car. Well it was his really, its not like I could drive yet. 

"Is he okay?" Thunder asked me with a puzzled look on his face.

"He's fine. Its not like he will really leave me." But he did. That pabo actually drove off and left me. " That idiot!"

"I guess you can come round mine then." Thunder smiled as we walked towards his house that was a couple of blocks away.

"I'm sorry I didn't say goodbye Thunder." I finally said after a moment of silence.

"It's okay, I knew there must've been a reason for you do so." He unlocked his front door, "Do you want to come in?"

"I would, but I think I should go home. I don't know what came over him, he isn't usually like this." I gave him a weak smile. 

"Okay them let me drop these things inside and I'll give you a ride. You live at your old place right?" I nodded.

....

The drive home was quite. Thunder could see that I was deep in thought and so he didn't try to disturb me. All I could think about now was Joon. Its not like he was jealous, right? I mean its just Thunder. I tried my best to keep bad thoughts out of my head but they still managed to creep in.

What if he is bored of you?
What if he doesn't love you anymore?
What if he is tired of waiting for you all time?

All you do is waste his time Mir, a voice whispered. I didn't want to hear it. A tear escaped and rolled down my cheek. Thunder noticed it instantly and he no longer was silent, "What is the matter Mir?"

"Nothing, really I'm fine." I said as I wiped the tear away. "I'm just tired, its been a long day." I faked a smiled as I got out the car.

"Well now that I know you are back, I guess I'll see you around." He smiled as I closed the door. 

I watched him drive away. I didn't want to go back inside the house. Joon has never acted that way before. I knew this feeling. I knew this feeling all to well. 

Fear.

....

After some time I decided to go inside. Maybe I was just over thinking it, Joon must be tired too.

"Look who finally strolled in." Joon grunted from the living room. Anger washed over me. Who does he think he is? I'm not weak anymore, I know I can defend myself.

"Well soorrryy, but SOMEONE drove off without me." I raised my voice. It wasn't much but it was clear.

"Don't you shout at me." I heard Joon stand up. He marched to where i stood and towered over me. The fear came back. I flinched away. "How could you do that to me Mirue?" Joon's anger was replaced by sadness, while I was completely confused.

"I didn't do anything!" Why was he acting this way?

"STOP!" He punch the door behind me making me jump. "Don't you lie to me and pretend that you weren't flirting with that guy right in front of me!"

"What?" He thought I was flirting with Thunder? "He is my friend you PABO! I was not flirting with him!"

"Yes you were stop lying to me." He grabbed my chin and stared into my eyes.

"Let go, you're hurting me Joon!" He wouldn't let go. I tried pushing him away but he was to strong. "Let me go!" I shouted. Tears started streaming down my face as this reminded me of the memories I've been trying so hard to forget. "You're just like him." I sobbed, "A monster."

Joon staggered back as if I'd shot him. I saw different emotions in his eyes. He seemed so lost.

"Mirue.." He reached out for me but I backed away, pressing my back against the door. He fell to the floor on his knees taking his face in his hands. "I'm so sorry Mirue. " He was shaking, "I... I don't know what came over me." 

I ruined him. He was a shattered mess and it was all my fault. I didn't mean what I said. He was nothing like my awful father. That man hurt me everyday, and hurt me a thousand times more than anything ever did. Joon could never do that to me, I knew that. 

"No Joonie." I kneeled in front of him, "I'm sorry I didn't mean what I said." I took his hands and mine and moved them away from his face. He was crying. 

"Don't." He sobbed, "Don't apologize when you're right." He shook his head, " I can't believe I just became the monster you are so scared of." 

"You can never become that Joonie." I whispered as I hugged him tightly, "I love you." He cried into my shoulder as he hugged me back.

"I love you too"

Please forgive me.

I always will.

 

A/N: This story is coming to an end ! I'll update another chapter soon to show my awesome readers what happens to these two in the future.
I hope you all enjoyed this story as much as I enjoyed writing this!