Chapter 7

Nobody Knows

Me and Joon haven't had any food for the last two days but we somehow managed to persuade a local old lady to give Hana an apple. But that wont last her long either.

"Mirue I don't know what to do." Joon whispered into my shoulder as I tried to comfort him.

"It's going to be okay Joon. I'll think of something!" I gave him a tight hug and leaving my empty bag on the floor  I left for the door.

"Where are you going?" He called after me.

"I'm not sure, but I will be back. I promise." I waved to him and closed the door behind me.

Where am i going? I needed to save my new family, but I was useless. Just thinking of that word bought back memories I never wished to remember. I could go back right? He must have some food... but if he caught me, I'd never see Joonie or Hana again. Am I willing to take that risk for them?

I have to.

I had no other choice. I have to prove to everyone that I am not useless. I want to show them that they mean the world to me now. I wasn't alone anymore and it's only because of them. After a few minutes of standing in the alley, mentally telling everyone goodbye, I ran towards my own personal hell. I knew it will take me at least a day to get there and a day to get back, and all I hoped for is that it wouldn't be too late to save them. I'm sure Joonie will think of a way to feed Hana, they survived for eight months already, I'm sure they can make it a few more days.

.....

I never stopped running. It been hours and I wasn't even half way there. I remember when I was running away from that place, towards my freedom, I felt so much better whereas now I'm going back there. Back to the place I never wanted to remember.

All these thoughts of Joon and Hana were floating around my thoughts. All the memories we created were happy ones. Even if something bad did happen it was always solved. And I'm really glad I got to spend so much time with them. 

I don't want it to end. I want to go back to them.

I stopped. I couldn't go further. What am I doing? He's going to kill me if I go back, I'm sure of it. I can't..I just can't. 

After a few minutes of debating I started running again. I have to. There is no other choice if there is a chance of me saving Joon and Hana, I have to take it.

....

I was finally here; standing right outside the entrance of hell. I could see the old man through the window, in his usual place; watching the television with a bottle in his hand. My emotions were mixed between hatred and fear. I was frozen and I didn't know what to do. Should I go in and just take what i need? Joon had tried teaching me some self defense moves but I feel so weak seeing him

I chose to wait until he fell asleep and then sneak in. It didn't take long actually. After an hour or so I saw his head falling to the side telling me he dozed off. I took the key that I had hidden before I left and slowly unlocked the door. Luck was on my side as the door opened silently. I firstly went up to my room and grabbed an old bag. I wasn't going to use a plastic bag as they make so much noise. Before leaving my room I grabbed a few clothes. Some for Joon and a few out-grown shirts for Hana. I quietly tip-toed to the corridor and I froze at the top of the stairs.

"Well, look who crawled back home." 

Sorry, Joonie I don't think I'll be able to keep that promise...