Chapter 12

Nobody Knows

I don't think I could get any happier. Ever since they day me and Joonie have confessed to each other, I've been in heaven. It's even better knowing that Hana accepts us as her two appas. She is too cute for this world. 

Honestly, I don't think I even deserve such happiness. Whenever I remember my suffering, and theirs, I realize that there are a lot of people like us. Cold. Alone. Suffering.

"You can't save everyone Mirue." Joon tried to calm me down but I wouldn't listen.

"But... but there has to be something I could do." I wanted to help others. I wanted to do something useful with my life. 

"Well, whatever you think of, just know that I will always be by your side." He always knew how to make me blush. "Just not now" He looked down at this wrist watch, "I've gotta get to work." He gave me a quick kiss and gave me his signature grin before adding "FIGHTING!" 

I couldn't stop laughing at his dork-iness. I loved him so much, which is why I felt so lonely whenever he left for work. I'd be sitting at home all day doing nothing, waiting until Hana finishes her day at the nursery and then later on in the evening Joon would come back.  But honestly I am sick and tired of lazy-ing around! 

"I must do something." After a few good hours of thinking I thought of a great idea. 

I want to help people right? Yes.

So how about a charity?

But giving some money to a homeless person would only last them for a little while and they would be back onto the streets soon. I need a way to help them get back onto their feet.

That's it.

A house.

A house for the homeless. 

"I got it!" I shouted as I ran upstairs into mine and Joon's room. Yup. Our room. 

I started writing my ideas down. What if I was to build a house for the homeless. Sort of like an orphanage. Where they can sleep and eat until they are able to get back on top. 

This is something I could definitely do. I still had a lot of money left from what my... my mother left me and ever since Joon got that modeling job our income has increased drastically.

"YES!" I shouted as I hopped around my our room. "I can finally help someone!" 

....

I waited till Joon came back from work to tell him my idea.

"That is actually a very good idea Mirue." He said while we cuddled on the sofa, " I have such a kind boyfriend." 

"Me too." I winked at him and he laughed. 

"So when is it all starting?" 

"Well when you were at work I was looking for some properties around the area and I think I found some suitable ones." I smiled as my idea started to feel real, "I'd like to go and check them out tomorrow."

"Great, I'll come with you." Joon stood up, "Can we go to bed now I'm realllllly tired." He said with a yawn.

"Did i ever tell you how cute you are when you're tired." I said while I followed him upstairs. 

"Pshtt I'm always cute." He spoke in his cute voice. Sometimes I just couldn't hold back my laughter, "Don't laugh at me Mirue!" He pouted.

"I'm sorry I just can't help myself." I am so lucky to have him.

....

"This is it Joonie!" 

We found it. This is the house I wanted.

"If its what you want, then its what I want." Joon smiled at me, "We'll take it." He said to the salesperson.

"Yayy" I squealed in excitement. Recently me and Joon switched roles. He has become the more adult one and I'm the childish one. 

"Have I made my Mirue happy?" He pinched my cheeks. 

"Vevyy" I nodded. I couldn't speak properly as he was still pinching my cheeks.

"You remind me of a cute chipmunk." He laughed and let go. 

"Yah!" I wasn't sure if it was a compliment. Chipmunks are cute? Aren't they?

.....

After a few weeks I had everything ready. There was a total of four rooms and each one had a bunk bed. This means that I could help eight people at a time. Maybe even more as there are pretty spacious sofas downstairs. The kitchen was also big enough to fit eight people. 

"Ahhhh Joonie I'm so happy!" I ran from room to room exploring the house.

"I'm glad you are" He was sitting on one of the sofas waiting for my next demand. I could tell that he loved me as he always waits for me patiently. Never telling me to hurry up and get going. He'd just sit and wait until I'm done.

"What do we do now? Who do we help?" I was struck by reality. There were so many people out there who needed my help and I can't just choose a few.

"How about going back to where we met?" Joon suggested.

"But the warehouse burnt down." I frowned.

"Yes, but that doesn't mean people aren't still living there." I gasped. He was right. What about all the people that were left there? What about Seungho? Would he still be there?

"You're right lets go now" I grabbed his hand and dragged him outside. As I was locking the door I heard a loud bang of something smashing to the ground.

"Mir?!" That familiar voice. It can't be, could it? I turned around and there he was.

"Thunder..."

 

A/N: I was going to end it soon but I decided to add a little more drama to it !! :) I hope you enjoyed it !