Chapter 5

Nobody Knows

A/N: I totally failed my Chemistry exam today. I have no idea what I'm going to do with my life, so while I'm in such a joyful mood I might as well just upload a gloomy chapter ! Enjoy ~

I held Hana tightly while waiting for Joon to return. It seemed like hours have passed but looking at my wrist watch I knew it has only been a couple of minutes. Why is my heart beating so fast? Why am I so scared? I didn't even knew these people yesterday, yet I care about them so much. I never cared about anyone this much in my life before except my best friend,Thunder,  who I left behind. But he was safe at his house, he didn't have a monster waiting for him back home, he had a loving family.

"I'm sorry Hana. "I whispered, "I'm sorry I can't take your illness away." I prayed to God to make her better. Why must she suffer? What has such an innocent child done so deserve this? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Life is unfair, and I realized that a long, long time ago. 

"It's not your fault Oppa." She smiled weakly at me, "I'll be fine" She coughed. I could feel her temperature rising. Hurry up Joon...

....

He came bursting through the already weak door fifteen minutes later. He ran to us and sat down next to me taking Hana in his arms.

"Hana." He said as he gently wiped sweat off of her forehead, moving her damp hair away from her eyes. "You'll be better soon." He rummaged through the plastic bag in his hands and took out some antibiotics and water. "Drink this." While she followed his orders he took of his jumper and wrapped it around her. "Thanks Mir. I don't know what i would've done without you."

"It's okay Joon." I smiled at him, he looked so gentle while taking care of his little sister. I could never imagine him doing anything bad. He rocked her gently and soon she fell asleep.

"I was wondering." I paused, unsure if i should continue but curiosity overwhelmed me. "Why are you here? Why aren't you home?" Each word got quieter as I said it. A part of my didn't want to know, only because it would probably cause me more heartache.

Joon sighed. After a few minutes of silence he looked out the window and said, "We had no where else to go." I wasn't sure if that was all he was going to tell me, but soon he carried on, "Our house burnt down along with our parents." Another pause, "They would separate us in an orphanage." He hugged Hana tightly as if the memories could take her away from him. "She's all I have."

"I understand." I have no one, I'm alone. These words echoed through my mind. Alone.

"What about you?" He looked back at me and I felt something tug on my heart. Was it the painful memory? Or his eyes looking deep into my soul?

"My...My" I couldn't do it. I looked away from him, trying hard to muster up all the strength I have to tell him about myself. To try and open up to him. "My mother died when I was born and.."  Tears started running down my cheeks hitting the floor with a thud, that rang through my ears. "My father beat me ever since I can remember." I felt a hand on my shoulder and I tried my best not to scream out in pain. As painful memoriesof each hit and kick  filled my mind I didn't notice when Joon had laid Hana down until i felt a pair of thin arms hug me. 

I had never cried so much before. Maybe it was because someone, other than Thunder, actually cared about me enough to try and comfort me. All the time i spent curled up in a corner in my room, i was always alone. "I was always alone." I cried.

"It's okay Mir." He held onto me tightly. "Forget the past." He whispered gently and I hugged him back. "You have us now, you don't have to be alone anymore."

A/N: It is a little short but I have a Maths exam tomorrow! Must do some last minute revision! I hope you enjoyed this, I'll update soon :)